LaVar Arrington In Serious Beltway Crash

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
http://www.wusa9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=59841

PRINCE GEORGE'S CO., Md. (WUSA)- Former Washington Redskin LaVar Arrington, while driving his motorcycle on the Rt. 50 off-ramp to 495, was involved in a serious crash.

When PG County Fire and Rescue arrived on the scene, Arrington was rushed to Prince George's Hospital Center.

Arrington was drafted by the Washington Redskins as the second overall pick in the 2000 NFL draft. He was recently cut by the New York Giants at the end of last season due to injuries.

Arrington is currently a free agent.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
according to one of the Redskins forums (credit ESPN) he has multiple fractures of his legs and a broken arm and cuts. They even had a pic of the bike on a rollback.

Attachments

• lavarbike.jpg
    lavarbike.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

BlackSheep

Arrington's wife gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl last month...his recovery will give him some time to do some bonding.
What a shame. He's a great guy and I hope he pulls through.
Too bad the Redskins didn't make good use of him.

Sounds like he had a problem staying in the passing lane??

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
aps45819 said:
No "M" on his liscense :ohwell:
Yeah. :ohwell:

I'd hate to tell him "I told you so...", but he does appear to be at least partly at fault.
He was issued two citations, one for failure to control speed to avoid a collision, the other for operating a vehicle without a class license that contributed to a crash.

I guess he can write off most of the 2007 season now.

Poohhunny1605

BlackSheep said:
Arrington's wife gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl last month...his recovery will give him some time to do some bonding.
What a shame. He's a great guy and I hope he pulls through.
Too bad the Redskins didn't make good use of him.

Sounds like he had a problem staying in the passing lane??

I agree totally! I think he was one of the better players and Gibbs never let him play, but thats just my opinion..I'm glad I got a jersey of his! Not that he will be huge but hey one day it may be worth something? :shrug:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Arrington had a degenerative condition in his knee, he wasn't anywhere near being the player he was in his first 3 yrs when the skins let him walk. After blowing out his achilles tendon after 6 games with the giants last year, his career was pretty much over. The giants let him go and there were not any teams beating down his door to sign him. With this accident, his career is definitely over now.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Poohhunny1605 said:
I'm glad I got a jersey of his! Not that he will be huge but hey one day it may be worth something? :shrug:
:killingme :killingme :killingme
Maybe as much as my Archuletta jersey.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
He also hit some gravel in the road, which is why I need to continually put notes on gravel boy's mailbox in our neighborhood. It's a blind corner, so you have to stay close to his driveway and them there is a crapload of gravel in the road. Some people.....

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Another good "first bike" choice...

Arrington was involved in a serious crash after losing control of his motorcycle and crashing into the guardrail. He was driving his 2007 Kawasaki ZX-14 motorcycle on the Rt. 50 West off ramp to the outer-loop of 495.