Left Lane Slow Pokes.....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If I may...

Yup. It is how they operate in Germany on the autobahns. Of course, they really know how to drive over there. Much longer driving schools and stricter laws.
. I know...I've worked over there a lot and driven the abahn from Hamburg to Kiel often.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I really don't understand all this hostility...

They're planting wildflowers in the medians now. Slow down, roll down your window and breath in natures fragrance....

Ohhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I really don't understand all this hostility...

They're planting wildflowers in the medians now. Slow down, roll down your window and breath in natures fragrance....

Ohhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm!
Are you the dude in the white SUV that rides lane 1 from Hollyrock to gate 1 doing 40mph every morning? :wink:

puggymom

My personal favorite is when they drive and impede traffic in the left for miles then cut over at the last minute to make a right hand exit or turn. I notice this most frequently with the Hughesville bypass.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My personal favorite is when they drive and impede traffic in the left for miles then cut over at the last minute to make a right hand exit or turn. I notice this most frequently with the Hughesville bypass.

I was trying to get back to the Harley Dealer.

awpitt

Main Streeter

I wouldn't think of Rt 5 as a road that would have the "left lane for pass only" rule. That rule is really meant for Interstate highways.

glhs837

Power with Control
I wouldn't think of Rt 5 as a road that would have the "left lane for pass only" rule. That rule is really meant for Interstate highways.

Depends on the density, I think. Down from Rt 4 to the base, nope. But once the landscape opens up a bit, then yes, stay right unless you are taking a right within a mile or are passing.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It applies out here if there is more than one travel lane.

Exactly. It's stupid simple safety...following the "drive right, pass left" rule dramatically reduces the number of conflict variables; the number is much higher when passing is being undertaken from either lane.

Most if not all of the autobahn I drove was two-lanes in each direction. You hang out illegally in the left lane and you quickly become hamburger.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Depends on the density, I think. Down from Rt 4 to the base, nope. But once the landscape opens up a bit, then yes, stay right unless you are taking a right within a mile or are passing.

So, you're the guy that turns right from the left lane.

black dog

Free America

Speed Limits are generally set by density, we were taught at drivers education I Maryland to drive on the right and pass on the left. Somewhere is was lost with the me me me generation. Like I said,I'm not a speeder. But if you are hanging in the left lane, move the #### over or get a really expensive ticket.
Moving violation tickets in the US are about a third of what they should be.
And if you do it again it should double.
Being stupid while driving should really hurt.

black dog

Free America
Exactly. It's stupid simple safety...following the "drive right, pass left" rule dramatically reduces the number of conflict variables; the number is much higher when passing is being undertaken from either lane.

Most if not all of the autobahn I drove was two-lanes in each direction. You hang out illegally in the left lane and you quickly become hamburger.

It's so easy... :doh:

glhs837

Power with Control
So, you're the guy that turns right from the left lane.

Nope, simple dyslexia. :) Should be stay right unless taking a left shortly. We've had people on here say they get left lane at Rt 4/235 and run that all the way up to the Hollywood-Leonardtown Road becuase they are afaid that people wont let them into the left lane 4 miles up the road.

Speed Limits are generally set by density, we were taught at drivers education I Maryland to drive on the right and pass on the left. Somewhere is was lost with the me me me generation. Like I said,I'm not a speeder. But if you are hanging in the left lane, move the #### over or get a really expensive ticket.
Moving violation tickets in the US are about a third of what they should be.
And if you do it again it should double.
Being stupid while driving should really hurt.

Denisty matters, but the main driving force is supposed to be median speed real drivers drive on the roadway. The 85th percentile, to be exact. Thats why both 235 and Chanceloors Run initally had 40mph speed limits that were later upped to 45mph. I think they still fudged 235 a bit, it should be 50 at least, I think.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Should be stay right unless taking a left shortly. We've had people on here say they get left lane at Rt 4/235 and run that all the way up to the Hollywood-Leonardtown Road becuase they are afaid that people wont let them into the left lane 4 miles up the road.

Maybe those are the dicks that refuse to use their blinkers in order to change lanes. I stay in the right lane all the way from Gate 3 up to my right turn in Hollywood. It usually is the quickest lane. But, you have to deal with the #######s who insist on running the turn lane and try and jump in at the next light. I'm the bitch that says, NOPE, and don't let them in. Now, if someone uses their blinker immediately to try and get left, I almost always let them in.

PeoplesElbow

I know most people on here are thinking RT 235, RT 4 and RT 5 but those roads have left turns on them.

The closeness people here follow the car in front of them can make it difficult to change lanes, compounded by the stop and go traffic I can understand if someone has a left hand turn to make them not wanting to get stuck in the wrong lane. One time it took me from Walmart almost till I got to the turn at RT4 to get over in the left lane to make the turn.

Just this past weekend I was coming back to Maryland on RT 301 in VA and I was getting ready to make the left turn at the last Sheetz before the bridge to get a tank of cheap gas, I put on my turn signal, slowed down a bit to get into the very short (3 cars max) turn lane and the car behind me blasted on the horn and gave me the finger for doing it.

I find the fastest moving lanes on 235 to be the center ones most of the time.