Left Lane Slow Pokes.....

I know most people on here are thinking RT 235, RT 4 and RT 5 but those roads have left turns on them.

The closeness people here follow the car in front of them can make it difficult to change lanes, compounded by the stop and go traffic I can understand if someone has a left hand turn to make them not wanting to get stuck in the wrong lane. One time it took me from Walmart almost till I got to the turn at RT4 to get over in the left lane to make the turn.

Just this past weekend I was coming back to Maryland on RT 301 in VA and I was getting ready to make the left turn at the last Sheetz before the bridge to get a tank of cheap gas, I put on my turn signal, slowed down a bit to get into the very short (3 cars max) turn lane and the car behind me blasted on the horn and gave me the finger for doing it.

I find the fastest moving lanes on 235 to be the center ones most of the time.

I was going to point this out, but figured I'd get lambasted for saying it. Too many think that because it's 3 lanes wide, 235 is an autobahn. It's not.

Bonehead

I fricken hate trying to pass on the interstate at 80 MPH and some fukwit blasts up behind me doing 100 and tailgates....

Popster

My personal favorite is when they drive and impede traffic in the left for miles then cut over at the last minute to make a right hand exit or turn. I notice this most frequently with the Hughesville bypass.

Or southbound on 235 approaching gate 3

BOP

I remember in the 70's in California that you could get fined if you piled up a few cars behind you in the flast lane. I would like to see that here- 2 cars then get out of the way!

Remember those old signs they used to have? I don't remember what they said...something catchy about doing the right thing and leaving the left lane open.