Leonardtown Man Sentenced to 10 Days in Jail for Arrest at Drag Queen Story Hour at Lexington Park Library

Hessian

Libertarian...vs Conservative worldviews here. Libertarian's POV is the govt should not interfere with free expression nor enforce morality since it is "subjective" --Rooted in the "Do No Harm" principles articulated in the mid 1800's (UK). If parents approve of some performance...even if it is questionable by community standards...just let it go: It's ok to be "outside" the norm.

Conservative say; WE have an obligation to nurture, protect, & guide children in ways that builds citizenship, morality, and we pay taxes to preserve order. Our Judeo-Christian heritage has standards that have proven to preserve societies for millenia. To flagrantly use tax $$ to promote bizarre behavior AND have the police protect it...is disgraceful,--especially when impressionable minds will come to accept the 'performance' as "acceptable. So...realizing you have TWO divergent views--will help shape your position.

Some people realize that a state sanctioned behavior is immoral...and rallies people to stand-acknowledging that their protest will result in jail time/fines. Corie Ten Boom? MLK jr? Mary Dyer? Mother Theresa?---they were acting upon Judeo-Christian values.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So you have no answer other than it gives you a funny feeling to accept people different than you
I really hate discussing things with you, Sappy. Did you not read what I have written? I do not care if people are different than me. I do not care what sexual proclivities consenting adults may engage in with others. I have no, "funny feelings", about people different than me. Except for you. I have a funny feeling about you. You worry me.

You know? It's kinda like religion. There are many millions of religious people of all faiths, about 60 or so denominations. And, excepting for a few crackpots, very few are in your face trying to shove their beliefs down people's throats to accept them and the lord as their savior. To the contrary, there are hundreds of thousands of churches, synagogues, mosques, in this Nation. And most have signs outside their buildings that say, "All are welcome", or, "Come in and join us. All are welcome". No one standing outside waving for people to come in. Completely voluntary. If people want to visit and learn, they can. Come and go as they please.

If I wanted to learn more about a given religion, I could visit a church, and be welcomed with open arms. And if I thought it not for me, I could leave with no animosity from those at a church. Not so with queer people. If I wanted to learn more about living a queer life, as an adult, and maybe explore my sexuality, speak and ask questions of the lifestyle, I could visit, a what? A gay bar to be hit on, or solicited to visit bathroom stall for quickie? Instead, it's all in your face and scathing hate if you are not accepting. And now the priming of young children with progressive parents, whether it be for the early acceptance of abnormal behavior by others, or for pedophilic grooming, under the guise of accepting different people?

I do not like it. There is nothing I can really do about it, nor do I really try. However, I do accept that there are different people in the world with different viewpoints, experiences, hardships, adversities, circumstances, and feelings, than others. Not all parents raise their children per the social majority construct. That's fine. All together it makes the world go round and round, and, does make life interesting, if not, overtaxing, at times. It does not mean I have to accept certain behaviors as normal, though, there are many that believe things that are abnormal, as normal, due to their upbringing environment. The only problem I have as I said, are those that allow the sullying and tainting, with the purpose of contaminating a young child's mind, of things they shouldn't be exposed to, which will then be used as a future reinforcement as further acceptance. "Don't you remember Suzy, Johnny, what the drag queen said? "Always be accepting." It is conditioning. And I believe it is wrong to do. Simple as that. Most parents already teach their children to be, "respectful", of others regardless of their differences. Let children be children. There is plenty of time in their lives to see, or experience, all the good, and all the bad, this world has to offer.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Drag Queen Story hour is not "targeted sexualization" of children.

Sure it is. What do you think is the purpose of a drag person wanting to read to children? Just a nice guy? If that were the case they would read to kid without their drag costume.

Not saying all drag people are pedophiles, but there are enough of them encouraging young boys to act out that it's better safe than sorry. Plenty of time for that stuff when they become adults, no need to shove it at them as children. Let kids be kids and don't draw them into socio-political drama.

Sapidus

Sure it is. What do you think is the purpose of a drag person wanting to read to children? Just a nice guy? If that were the case they would read to kid without their drag costume.

Not saying all drag people are pedophiles, but there are enough of them encouraging young boys to act out that it's better safe than sorry. Plenty of time for that stuff when they become adults, no need to shove it at them as children. Let kids be kids and don't draw them into socio-political drama.

BS. as usual. Your kid is a lot safer being read a story in a public library by a drag queen that at your average church .

Where are the rash of men saying they were molested by drag queens?

Its people who are shamed and made to hide their sexuality like priests who end up doing the molesting.

That is why its important to expose kids to all types of people and let them see everyone is the same deep down. its only when you repress things and hid things from kids that teens end up pregnant or closeted priests molest kids,

Sapidus

If I may ...

I really hate discussing things with you, Sappy. Did you not read what I have written? I do not care if people are different than me. I do not care what sexual proclivities consenting adults may engage in with others. I have no, "funny feelings", about people different than me. Except for you. I have a funny feeling about you. You worry me.

You know? It's kinda like religion. There are many millions of religious people of all faiths, about 60 or so denominations. And, excepting for a few crackpots, very few are in your face trying to shove their beliefs down people's throats to accept them and the lord as their savior. To the contrary, there are hundreds of thousands of churches, synagogues, mosques, in this Nation. And most have signs outside their buildings that say, "All are welcome", or, "Come in and join us. All are welcome". No one standing outside waving for people to come in. Completely voluntary. If people want to visit and learn, they can. Come and go as they please.

If I wanted to learn more about a given religion, I could visit a church, and be welcomed with open arms. And if I thought it not for me, I could leave with no animosity from those at a church. Not so with queer people. If I wanted to learn more about living a queer life, as an adult, and maybe explore my sexuality, speak and ask questions of the lifestyle, I could visit, a what? A gay bar to be hit on, or solicited to visit bathroom stall for quickie? Instead, it's all in your face and scathing hate if you are not accepting. And now the priming of young children with progressive parents, whether it be for the early acceptance of abnormal behavior by others, or for pedophilic grooming, under the guise of accepting different people?

I do not like it. There is nothing I can really do about it, nor do I really try. However, I do accept that there are different people in the world with different viewpoints, experiences, hardships, adversities, circumstances, and feelings, than others. Not all parents raise their children per the social majority construct. That's fine. All together it makes the world go round and round, and, does make life interesting, if not, overtaxing, at times. It does not mean I have to accept certain behaviors as normal, though, there are many that believe things that are abnormal, as normal, due to their upbringing environment. The only problem I have as I said, are those that allow the sullying and tainting, with the purpose of contaminating a young child's mind, of things they shouldn't be exposed to, which will then be used as a future reinforcement as further acceptance. "Don't you remember Suzy, Johnny, what the drag queen said? "Always be accepting." It is conditioning. And I believe it is wrong to do. Simple as that. Most parents already teach their children to be, "respectful", of others regardless of their differences. Let children be children. There is plenty of time in their lives to see, or experience, all the good, and all the bad, this world has to offer.

So you would have the same problem with a priest, rabbi or imam going to read a non religious story to children at a public library as well?

Because just by seeing a priest , rabbi or imam they are being exposed to that religion?

Don't you think gay people think an those straight people are so in your face why do they always kiss in movies and Tv shows. Just keep it to themselves.

The difference here is that some gay people are still kicked out of their homes, beaten in the street or harassed just because they are different.

The sooner you show a child that deep down everyone is the same despite appearing different the sooner that type of behavior will disappear from society or those kids will stand up for another kid at school who is different from them

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BS. as usual. Your kid is a lot safer being read a story in a public library by a drag queen that at your average church .

Where are the rash of men saying they were molested by drag queens?

Its people who are shamed and made to hide their sexuality like priests who end up doing the molesting.

That is why its important to expose kids to all types of people and let them see everyone is the same deep down. its only when you repress things and hid things from kids that teens end up pregnant or closeted priests molest kids,
That’s some twisted logic.

Sapidus

sap feels pretty strong on the subject. Apparently it hits close to home.

Your two brain cells came up with that after 48 hours. Wow you must b still chuckling to yourself.

Only an insecure man would be bothered by being called gay or a drag queen or whatever you think you are implying.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So you would have the same problem with a priest, rabbi or imam going to read a non religious story to children at a public library as well?

Because just by seeing a priest , rabbi or imam they are being exposed to that religion?

Don't you think gay people think an those straight people are so in your face why do they always kiss in movies and Tv shows. Just keep it to themselves.

The difference here is that some gay people are still kicked out of their homes, beaten in the street or harassed just because they are different.

The sooner you show a child that deep down everyone is the same despite appearing different the sooner that type of behavior will disappear from society or those kids will stand up for another kid at school who is different from them
Oh FFS. I am not following you down the rabbit hole. Your reading comprehension skills and ability to draw inferences from what is written with compete clarity really do suck. You know? If you you would stop pissing into a cup and drinking it, the world might stop seeming so bitter to you.

Sapidus

If I may ...

Oh FFS. I am not following you down the rabbit hole. Your reading comprehension skills and ability to draw inferences from what is written with compete clarity really do suck. You know? If you you would stop pissing into a cup and drinking it, the world might stop seeming so bitter to you.

I was just pointing out your hypocrisy and trying to show you despite your bias a man in a dress reading a book to a bunch of kids while supervised should bother you anymore than any other person.

Im sorry that logic and reason has confounded you and you ahem no reason to explain your distaste other than ingrained bigotry

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was just pointing out your hypocrisy and trying to show you despite your bias a man in a dress reading a book to a bunch of kids while supervised should bother you anymore than any other person.

Im sorry that logic and reason has confounded you and you ahem no reason to explain your distaste other than ingrained bigotry

You wouldn't know logic it if bit you in the ass.

The fact is that men in wigs, makeup, and dresses go against our cultural norms and some people are outright offended by it. There's no reason for drag people to be reading to children. They only do it to be provocative, and I am in general against provocation just for the sake of pissing people off. I give zero craps about drag people - live and let live, who cares - but I draw the line when it comes to involving children.

You have an immature desperation to belong to something...anything. Be all "woke" and chit like the kewl kids so maybe you can sit at their lunch table. It's boring and tedious and shows you for the loser you are. At the very least you could understand why some people object to this, but you're not far along enough in your emotional development.

CPUSA

Does having a straight person read a story to a child sexualize them? If not why does having a drag queen sexualize them? Are they going to become drag queens because a drag queen read them a story?
Got damn you are one retarded snowflake!!
The best parts of you definitely ran down your hoebag momma's legs...

Hank

my war
So, was this guy there to protest the event or take part? Looks like he was mad because he was going to miss his make-up session...

"According to court documents Morgan preregistered for the “Drag Queen Makeup Session” that was being held in a private meeting room at the Lexington Park Library and attempted to check in for the event at 1:40 p.m, however, he was informed that the event did not start until 3:00 p.m."

CPUSA

You're too stupid to properly point out anything, you ignoramus...

Clem72

A man in a dress would be a cross-dresser. A Drag queen wears exaggerated makeup and has their cleavage/breasts accentuated. It's a very specific sexualized form of dress (and can be done by women as well as men). Part of the "act" also includes vulgar language, lewd gestures, and a healthy dollop of sexual harassment (but all in good fun, of course).

If this was just a dude in a sun dress the outrage would probably be considerably lesser.

Potomac

If you believe that drag queen story hour is targeted sexualization of children, then yes, you are saying that you believe all drag queens are pedophiles. Own it. Acceptance is not socio-political drama.

Sapidus

You wouldn't know logic it if bit you in the ass.

The fact is that men in wigs, makeup, and dresses go against our cultural norms and some people are outright offended by it. There's no reason for drag people to be reading to children. They only do it to be provocative, and I am in general against provocation just for the sake of pissing people off. I give zero craps about drag people - live and let live, who cares - but I draw the line when it comes to involving children.

You have an immature desperation to belong to something...anything. Be all "woke" and chit like the kewl kids so maybe you can sit at their lunch table. It's boring and tedious and shows you for the loser you are. At the very least you could understand why some people object to this, but you're not far along enough in your emotional development.

Wow. You sound pretty triggered for someone who doesn’t give a crap about drag queens.

Just like abortion don’t like it don’t get one. Don’t like drag queens don’t go see one but admit that you are bigoted and close minded

MiddleGround

Just like abortion don’t like it don’t get one. Don’t like drag queens don’t go see one but admit that you are bigoted and close minded

Just like illegal immigration don't want to sponsor them don't complain about how they are being processed. Don't like how Trump and our government handle illegal immigrants don't go complaining about how they are being dealt with unless you want to step up and help them yourself and admit you are close minded and a whiner!

See how that works for the other side?