Let's Get The Open Day Muzzleloader Pics Posted...

SoMdmMusician

Good Cull, that scrub buck would never make a good trophy.

Thank you. That was a reason why I took the animal. But, Persimmon-boy just don't understand a lot of things. I guess that's what separates the deer hunters, from the deer shooters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonehead

Why in the world would you shoot such a small buck...unless it was your first buck you ever shot

You obviously do not understand stay home during season please. And please don't shoot me or anyone else in the woods BOZO. It's about the meat ! Not the antlers.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
You obviously do not understand stay home during season please. And please don't shoot me or anyone else in the woods BOZO. It's about the meat ! Not the antlers.

Amen! My hubby and my 6 yr old (daughter) are going in the morning. She's been with him a couple afternoon hunts but this will be her first early morning hunt. I'm very excited for her. She's excited as well. I hope they get one!!

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Sorry guys but I do feel differently than you...with the sport of deerhunting I feel that the little bucks should walk unless you have bad genetics or obvious injuries or your first deer. Take the large does and shoot for the large heavy racks. Im surprised that I have been the only one with this philosophy. No Biggie:buddies: have a safe season. That is the most important.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not opening...

...day, but, the fist PB taken off my place. About an hour ago.

She'd been shot in the lower jaw either earlier this evening or maybe yesterday.

100# or so.

Attachments

• 1stbp101808.jpg
    1stbp101808.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 108

SoMdmMusician

Well, I did go out again yesterday afternoon, sat in some rain showers, and this time I took the pistol with me, saw some nice deer, but, I had the pistol with me, so, what I did see was a bit out of reach, but, I love the challenge of it all as well. Gonna go back again on Monday and see if I can get a doe for the dehydrator, I have this eagerness for some jerky right now.

It's a Traditions Buck Hunter Pro .50 Cal with a 14-1/2" barrel, I mounted a BSA 2x20 scope on it and it's pretty bad ass out to about 125 yards.

Traditions Performance Firearms

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Damn shame to wound one but you took care of it. Thank You. She will taste the same.

...I didn't shoot her. A buddy did and he found her that way. When he spotted her, he thought her jaw looked funny. We figure someone missed earlier today or maybe yesterday. She's healthy.

:buddies:

Cowgirl

Sorry guys but I do feel differently than you...with the sport of deerhunting I feel that the little bucks should walk unless you have bad genetics or obvious injuries or your first deer. Take the large does and shoot for the large heavy racks. Im surprised that I have been the only one with this philosophy. No Biggie:buddies: have a safe season. That is the most important.

If you think hunting should be used to thin the herd, then you should take the smaller animals and leave the larger ones to pass on the better genetics. Also, you'd want to shoot more does than bucks. I just realized you used the word sport. I guess I just view it as hunting for food rather than trophy.

Vince

If you think hunting should be used to thin the herd, then you should take the smaller animals and leave the larger ones to pass on the better genetics. Also, you'd want to shoot more does than bucks. I just realized you used the word sport. I guess I just view it as hunting for food rather than trophy.
Never kept any for a trophy. I hunt for meat. It all goes in the freezer instead of ending up on the hood of your car or worse.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
If anyone has any meat even a couple pounds..I would love some..my deer hunter is still in the hospital...thanks