Let's Get The Open Day Muzzleloader Pics Posted...

jenni4

Yay me!
SoMdMusician---- Lucky $#%&@* :razz: I didn't even see a deer opening day. I did see a box turtle and a huge black rat snake. hansom deer though, congrats. That is going to be some good dinner.

Sorry guys but I do feel differently than you...with the sport of deerhunting I feel that the little bucks should walk unless you have bad genetics or obvious injuries or your first deer. Take the large does and shoot for the large heavy racks. Im surprised that I have been the only one with this philosophy. No Biggie:buddies: have a safe season. That is the most important.

I subscribe to the philosophy of "if its brown its down"
I've been through alot of debates of trophy vs meat hunters and gun vs bow. Nobody ever seems to win because each stance has its merits. I personally think all my deer are trophys, and each has its own long drawn out story about how I got it..

Speaking of trophys.... here is the beast that I shot yesterday!
shot 6pm
found 8pm(hard to follow trail through THICK brush and across a creek in the dark)
ran maybe 60-70 yards
Saint Marys River state park

Thompson Center Omega inline 50 cal with cabela scope
75 -80 yard shot
in the shoulder out the neck( angle away shot)
9 points(can't see them all in the pic but they are there)
Have to get back to you on the weight and better picts

The best part was..... I was busy earlier in the day and didn't have time to shower so I was hunting in makeup and perfume!!!

Attachments

• SSPX0299.jpg
    SSPX0299.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Nice buck Jenni4 :clap: Hubby and daughter didn't shoot any yesterday. They did see about 5 does but none of them were close enough. Oh well, there's always next time, :cheesy:

SoMdmMusician

SoMdMusician---- Lucky $#%&@* :razz: I didn't even see a deer opening day. I did see a box turtle and a huge black rat snake. hansom deer though, congrats. That is going to be some good dinner.

makeup and perfume!!!

LMAO... This buck knew what he was looking for LOL !

Not sure if it was the makeup or the perfume, but he liked what he saw I guess! LOL!

My dad always said he was gonna put some makeup on his deer decoy and see if it helped any...

TheGreatWaz00

2008 Smoke Pole Kill

I am new to the forum (live in Harwood, MD.) Took this 8 pointer in the first Blackpowder season this year. Took him at 7:48 am opening day about 70 yards out. I used a Remington 700 ML with a Leupold scope.

Attachments

• img017.jpg
    img017.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 83
  • img018.jpg
    img018.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 85