Lexington Park AMC Movie Theatre

Has the Lexington Park AMC ever let you down?

• Total voters

JimmyJames

Has the Lexington Park AMC movie theatre let you down in any way? If so, how?

Well I created this post for a few reasons. The main reason is to allow others to share their experiences with others on the poor atmosphere of the LP AMC theatre. Another reason that I created the survey was to possibly petition AMC to look into what they have allowed to continue under their franchise name. I believe that this county is growing and with the growth should come a new movie theatre.

My experiences have been very poor. One time my wife and I went and quality of the movie was poor. The audio quality was horrible and the color was like watching a standard television. Think about this...instead of fixing seats they simply place trash bags over the broken ones. There is no stadium seating. The floors are horrible, there are holes in the ceiling, and the theatre smells like mold...I could go one forever.

I know that I and others have refused to go to this theatre and instead drive more than 30 minutes away to better theatres. I don't know I just feel like if I owned a franchise I would be upset if I found an owner of one of my branches was in such disarray.

Here is a quote from AMC's website "At AMC, our guests deserve the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience. If your experience was enjoyable, then we've done our jobs well and our theatre managers would love to hear from you. Likewise, if you believe AMC has let you down in some way, our managers would appreciate the opportunity to speak personally with you to address any concern immediately".

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
YES! One time I asked the Lexington Park AMC movie theater if it would give me a ride to the store, and it said yes, then never showed up.

Freakin' Lexington Park AMC movie theater. :mad:

So let's see.....

It's dirty.
It's noisy. People are not asked to be quiet or removed if causing a disturbance.
I've never once had a comfortable listening level in there. Always too loud.
The price for simple drinks and popcorn is way out of line.
It's worth your life to walk back to your car at night.

Why would I enjoy paying a small fortune to go there?

Home theater makes so much more sense today. I can control the lights, the volume. No noise, no disturbance. 1st run movies in HD. No worry about being jumped in the parking lot. The price of snacks are insignificant.

But I should qualify that it's not just this theater. Pretty much all theaters down here stink.

tyky

eieio
So let's see.....

It's dirty.
It's noisy. People are not asked to be quiet or removed if causing a disturbance.

Home theater makes so much more sense today. I can control the lights, the volume. No noise, no disturbance. 1st run movies in HD. No worry about being jumped in the parking lot. The price of snacks are insignificant.

But I should qualify that it's not just this theater. Pretty much all theaters down here stink.

:yeahthat:

Also when you have a home theater you can pause the movie for bathroom/snack breaks :yay:

sockgirl77

So let's see.....

It's dirty.

:clap:

girl130fe

The last time I went, (Passion of the Christ), some time ago, it was dirty, smelly, and the A/C leaked on us the entire movie and switching seats was not an option because the theatre was full. When I go now,we go to the Hoffman, (right across the WW bridge in Alexandria, or to Arundle Mills. Much nicer seating, clean, more choices and I most importantly I feel safe taking my daughter there for an evening out. We prefer waiting for the DVD over going to a movie down in the Park any day. :snacks:

Beta84

They're out to get us
It's pretty dirty. Sound quality is pretty crappy sometimes. It's about the same price as a better movie theater most of the time...the only time it has a redeeming price is for morning shows. It's only a 6-plex so movie selection often sucks. It doesn't have stadium seating, comfortable chairs, chairs that recline, etc. Prices for food are outrageous, but any other movie theater would have the same issue...except the ones I'm accustomed to have better quality for most everything else as well, so I don't particularly mind it. People are pretty noisy during the movies too and nobody really cares since it's a craphole anyway.

Maybe I'm jaded because I'm used to a GOOD movie theater that includes all of the things this theater lacks for virtually the same price, but if I'm paying the same thing then I expect the same quality. Back home, the crappier theaters were still better than this hunk of junk and they charged less because they knew they weren't offering the same quality and couldn't get away with it due to competition.

tyky

eieio
It's pretty dirty. Sound quality is pretty crappy sometimes. It's about the same price as a better movie theater most of the time...the only time it has a redeeming price is for morning shows. It's only a 6-plex so movie selection often sucks. It doesn't have stadium seating, comfortable chairs, chairs that recline, etc. Prices for food are outrageous, but any other movie theater would have the same issue...except the ones I'm accustomed to have better quality for most everything else as well, so I don't particularly mind it. People are pretty noisy during the movies too and nobody really cares since it's a craphole anyway.

Maybe I'm jaded because I'm used to a GOOD movie theater that includes all of the things this theater lacks for virtually the same price, but if I'm paying the same thing then I expect the same quality. Back home, the crappier theaters were still better than this hunk of junk and they charged less because they knew they weren't offering the same quality and couldn't get away with it due to competition.

:killingme

Beta84

They're out to get us

I just found the question amusing. I guess to someone who doesn't care about their movie-going experience and just cares about what's on the actual screen, then it's an OK theater (most of the time). Otherwise, what haven't they let us down on? Their ticket staff isn't even friendly! :lol:

tyky

eieio
I just found the question amusing. I guess to someone who doesn't care about their movie-going experience and just cares about what's on the actual screen, then it's an OK theater (most of the time). Otherwise, what haven't they let us down on? Their ticket staff isn't even friendly! :lol:

I was laughing at you...leave it to Beta to write a book :lol:

:kiss:

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
The last time I went, (Passion of the Christ), some time ago, it was dirty, smelly, and the A/C leaked on us the entire movie and switching seats was not an option because the theatre was full. When I go now,we go to the Hoffman, (right across the WW bridge in Alexandria, or to Arundle Mills. Much nicer seating, clean, more choices and I most importantly I feel safe taking my daughter there for an evening out. We prefer waiting for the DVD over going to a movie down in the Park any day. :snacks:

Hoffman is nice. I went to Potomac Yard on Saturday in Alexandria. That is a nice theater. I've never been to Arundle Mills. Heard it was nice though.

kvj21075

Meow
So let's see.....

It's dirty.

and u can watch the movie nekked at home!

frogman123

I love the theater in Alexandria (I forget which one it is??)- its a dollar more for a beautiful screen, reclining, tiered, comfortable seating, and a screen thats 4x the one in the park. The sound is also amazing. I HATE lex park-i wish they would just shut it down. I have heard there are zoning issues, which is why another one cannot be built. Not sure of the truth in that though. Someone could make bank if they built a nice theater

JimmyJames

For a few reasons

So, the REAL question here is:

Why ask about our experiences? Did you have a bad one of your own recently? :popcorn:

Well I created this post for a few reasons. The main reason is to allow others to share their experiences with others on the poor atmosphere of the LP AMC theatre. Another reason that I created the survey was to possibly petition AMC to look into what they have allowed to continue under their franchise name. I believe that this county is growing and with the growth should come a new movie theatre.

My experiences have been very poor. One time my wife and I went and quality of the movie was poor. The audio quality was horrible and the color was like watching a standard television. Think about this...instead of fixing seats they simply place trash bags over the broken ones. There is no stadium seating. The floors are horrible, there are holes in the ceiling, and the theatre smells like mold...I could go one forever.

I know that I and others have refused to go to this theatre and instead drive more than 30 minutes away to better theatres. I don't know I just feel like if I owned a franchise I would be upset if I found an owner of one of my branches was in such disarray.