Lexington Park AMC Movie Theatre

Has the Lexington Park AMC ever let you down?

• Total voters

Mojo

Well I created this post for a few reasons. The main reason is to allow others to share their experiences with others on the poor atmosphere of the LP AMC theatre. Another reason that I created the survey was to possibly petition AMC to look into what they have allowed to continue under their franchise name. I believe that this county is growing and with the growth should come a new movie theatre.

My experiences have been very poor. One time my wife and I went and quality of the movie was poor. The audio quality was horrible and the color was like watching a standard television. Think about this...instead of fixing seats they simply place trash bags over the broken ones. There is no stadium seating. The floors are horrible, there are holes in the ceiling, and the theatre smells like mold...I could go one forever.

I know that I and others have refused to go to this theatre and instead drive more than 30 minutes away to better theatres. I don't know I just feel like if I owned a franchise I would be upset if I found an owner of one of my branches was in such disarray.

Oh great, now it's going to be called "Uncle Leroy's big ass television and ####"

JimmyJames

Oh great, now it's going to be called "Uncle Leroy's big ass television and ####"
Negative, the desire is to have AMC look into the reason why the theatre has been allowed to continue its poor movie going experience for years without any upgrades having been done since I can remember.

Here is a quote from AMC's website "At AMC, our guests deserve the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience. If your experience was enjoyable, then we've done our jobs well and our theatre managers would love to hear from you. Likewise, if you believe AMC has let you down in some way, our managers would appreciate the opportunity to speak personally with you to address any concern immediately".

BuddyLee

Football addict
Half the films that I would like to see aren't shown at the threatre whatsoever.

I understand they went bankrupt several years ago.

sockgirl77

:roflmao: That was good, I'm proud of you. I guess I could just carry around our famous picture, that would scare everyone off too.

I know. Especially with that ginormous hideous vertically challenged thing in the black shirt. :barf:

SamSpade

I've found that the theatre is usually grungy and dirty, even right after opening. I swear the lobby could just do with a carpet replacement and good paint job, at the least. The little table off to the side where the concessions are is always disgusting.

The sound quality can be really awful at times, especially during the opening trailers. I've had to cover my ears during those times. And I've watched movies where either the focus was poor or the picture wasn't completely centered on the screen.

I know people who will go all the way to Waldorf for a move that is playing in Lexington Park, just to not have to go there. We've needed a new theatre here since forever. I think a new theater anywhere in the First Colony area would do great, and would be a boon to the eating establishments before and after movies let out.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Negative, the desire is to have AMC look into the reason why the theatre has been allowed to continue its poor movie going experience for years without any upgrades having been done since I can remember.

As long as the profits remain acceptable, there is no need fro upgrades of cleaning.

Vote with your wallet

stars24

My husband and I refuse to go to the Lexington Park theater. We've only been there once since moving here. My main complaints are: 1) Poor audio/visual experience 2) Not comfortable (in fact, many of the seats are broken) 3) DIRTY. There's no reason to go to this movie theater when we have a much better "movie experience" in our own house. If we do want to see a new release and want a true moving-going experience... we drive to Annapolis. The theaters in Prince Frederick and Waldorf are just as worthless to me. If we want to see a movie, it's worth driving over an hour and half to Annapolis. We just make a day out of it and shop and eat while we're there. But due to these circumstances... we only see a movie out about once every 8 months. Otherwise, we just wait until it's on Netflix.