Lies (and the lying liars who tell them)

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
It seems to me that the major networks (NBC,CBS,ABC,CNN) have a liberal slant, and have had a liberal slant for so long that when a balanced network comes along, anything from Fox "appears" conservative because it isn't leaning to the left like everyone else. And yes...conservatives flock to Fox BECAUSE it doesn't lean so far left. But because it is centered and not leaning left, it gets labeled as a conservative mouth-piece? Hannity & Colmes is probably the most centered show on the air period - hosted by both a conservative and a liberal, and have both conservative & liberal guests on every show. So, shows like that and Fox are labeled as conservative????:confused:

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by Voter2002
It seems to me that the major networks (NBC,CBS,ABC,CNN) have a liberal slant, and have had a liberal slant for so long that when a balanced network comes along, anything from Fox "appears" conservative because it isn't leaning to the left like everyone else.

I remember one time I went to a park. Not sure if it was Hersheypark or Kings Dominion or Jellystone park or what... doesn't matter... They had this fun-house type thing, and near the end the floor kanked up to about a 45 degree angle to one side.

When I got out on flat land again, I felt like the world was leaning the other way.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Originally posted by Toxick
I remember one time I went to a park. Not sure if it was Hersheypark or Kings Dominion or Jellystone park or what... doesn't matter... They had this fun-house type thing, and near the end the floor kanked up to about a 45 degree angle to one side.

When I got out on flat land again, I felt like the world was leaning the other way.

Great analogy!!!!:clap:

rraley

Originally posted by Voter2002
Hannity & Colmes is probably the most centered show on the air period - hosted by both a conservative and a liberal, and have both conservative & liberal guests on every show. So, shows like that and Fox are labeled as conservative????:confused:

I think that Crossfire is the most centered show because it has a conservative host and a liberal host with a guest of each ideology and they duke it out. Novak and Carlson on the right and Begala and Carville on the left represent their ideologies very well. Hannity and Colmes, however, is Hannity's show. He dominates Colmes, who really is weak and doesn't speak anywhere near as much as Hannity. I remember watching the Daily Show one night when "kids read pundits" and they had a Hannity and Colmes bit. The girl playing Hannity talked for five minutes (it was an actual telescript from the show) and then once she was done, the boy reading Colmes' part said "it's time for a break." I thought that that was a good representation of how that show goes.

SamSpade

Originally posted by rraley
The girl playing Hannity talked for five minutes (it was an actual telescript from the show) and then once she was done, the boy reading Colmes' part said "it's time for a break." I thought that that was a good representation of how that show goes.

No bias there, huh?

You should read the transcripts online. They show a fairly close balance in total words. Maybe Colmes just talks too fast? But I realize that if someone is saying something you don't agree with, 5 seconds can seem like 5 minutes.

ylexot

Super Genius
It seems to me that the show is on a timed "schedule" where Hannity spars with the opposing guest and then Colmes goes after his opposing guest. However, Hannity is a much stronger personality than Colmes. Colmes is somewhat passive. Maybe it's just because Hannity has better arguments :wink:

Spoiled

Originally posted by ylexot
It seems to me that the show is on a timed "schedule" where Hannity spars with the opposing guest and then Colmes goes after his opposing guest. However, Hannity is a much stronger personality than Colmes. Colmes is somewhat passive. Maybe it's just because Hannity has better arguments :wink:
THere is a chapter all about Hannity and Colmes in the book... Colmes was originaly suposed to be some hardcore liberal until they found colmes, who is an independant (not a bill maher or michael moore independant)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Spoiled
THere is a chapter all about Hannity and Colmes in the book...
Michael Moore would feel right at home over at the DU. They think everyone who's not a Leftist zealot, firebombing SUVs and invading the houses of Republicans, is a whore, too.