Lies, Damn Lies, and Democratic Operatives

BOP

Dems Angry After Their Strategy of Legislating via the Judiciary Backfires

And now, Democrats are furious. Weeks after the overturning of Roe v. Wade, Democrats are having hissy fits, and a group of House left-wingers, led by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, is calling House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) to strip the Supreme Court of any jurisdiction over abortion.

If you don’t understand, don’t worry; it doesn’t make sense.

“We write to urge your support for restricting the Supreme Court’s appellate jurisdiction in the areas of abortion, marriage equality, non-procreative intimacy, and contraception,” AOC’s band of pro-abortion Democrats wrote in a letter to Pelosi and Schumer. “In doing so, we can ensure that, as Congress takes legislative action to codify each of these fundamental rights, a radical, restless, and newly constituted majority on the Court cannot further undermine the protections we would enact.”

This letter comes on the heels of House Democrats passing legislation to codify abortion rights in federal law, which these Democrats are now concerned won’t pass constitutional muster.

“The House of Representatives already passed the Women’s Health Protection Act (“WHPA”) last fall to codify the constitutional right to abortion, and if this bill becomes law, we can expect that legal challenges will eventually come before the Supreme Court again. Once more, the constitutional right to abortion would be put at risk,” their letter continued. “We are concerned by the Court’s dismantling of other statutes duly enacted by Congress, including the Voting Rights Act and the Clean Air Act.”

Their solution? Just wave a magic wand and strip the court of the authority to rule on abortion law.

“As we Democrats plan for further legislative action to protect and enshrine abortion rights, as well as the three other fundamental rights called into question in Justice Thomas’ concurring opinion in Dobbs, we urge the exercise of Congress’ constitutional powers under Article III to include language that removes the Supreme Court’s appellate jurisdiction over such legislation.”
Noted Constitutional scholar and crackerjack economist, AOC.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Democrat Sen. Blumenthal Warns ‘American People Will Be Shocked, Astonished and Appalled’ by Report on Secret Service Failures in Trump Assassination Attempt

“I think the American people are going to be shocked, astonished, and appalled by what we will report to them about the failures by the Secret Service in this assassination attempt on a former president,” Blumenthal said.

This comes after acting U.S. Secret Service Director Ronald Rowe briefed senators on Thursday during a closed-door meeting, providing an update on the ongoing investigation into the attempted assassination, Fox News reported.

Blumenthal was tight-lipped on the specifics of the report but made it clear that the findings would expose a litany of errors.

“I’m not going to go into what we have learned in specifics. I’m giving you my reaction, and we will have a report very, very soon that I think will absolutely shock the American people, or it should, about the lapses and lags in the protection that was afforded that day, and the breakdown in communication, failure, and responsibility.”

He went on to blast DHS for its lack of transparency, calling out the department for withholding critical information.

“I think they also ought to be appalled and astonished by the failure of the Department of Homeland Security to be more forthcoming, to be as candid and frank as it should be to them in terms of providing information. And we are going to absolutely insist on the truth, and the whole truth, in documents and testimony, not only as members of the United States Senate but also as citizens.”

“It will be coming out shortly. And it’ll only be an interim report because there’s a lot more information that we need to find,” Sen. Gary Peters, D-Mich., told Fox News.

“And we hope once this report comes out and we can get the additional information necessary to have a complete report of what happened, as well as steps of what we need to do in the future to make sure that this never happens.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

GOP Rep. Burchett on Trump Assassination Attempt: ‘The Left Has Just Ramped Up Their Vitriol — They Know Exactly What They’re Doing’

According to the Tennessee Republican, Democrats were inciting those who he described as “on the edge,” and they knew “exactly what they were doing.”

“[C]learly, we have got to be careful because the power of suggestion is what we’re seeing right now,” he said. “The left has just ramped up their vitriol. You’ve seen the tweets that y’all are saying something about ‘they need to learn how to aim better’ and things like that. Those are the types of things that incite somebody who is on the edge. They know exactly what they’re doing. This establishment, the swamp, whatever you want to call it, it’s an open sewer. They have thrown down the gantlet. They know if Donald J. Trump is elected, their days are over. We’ll get this country back in order, and they will throw anything and everything at it.”

“The problem is you’ve got a Secret Service, at least in my opinion, and in the public’s eye, that is compromised and that it lacks in leadership,” Burchett added. “And you’ve got brave agents on the ground, obviously, one who took that shot. But why in the world would anybody be anywhere near the perimeter of this? This line of sight that we talk about is just beyond me. So we’ve got to get some answers. I don’t think we’re going to get them during this administration, but hopefully, under the Trump administration we will clean this rat’s nest out. I mean, we’ve got to go through these departments like Grant through Richmond, brother. We cannot put up with this anymore.”

MSNBC Guest: Donald Trump Is ‘Exactly Like Hitler’

Host Jonathan Capehart said, “Give me your response to what Donald Trump is doing?”

Lewis said, “It’s outrageous but expected by an authoritarian who wants to take us to Nazi Germany. We exploited racism, fascism to Nazi Germany. We know how to do it.”

She continued, “Let’s not pretend that Donald Trump isn’t exactly like Mussolini, exactly like Hitler, he is that guy. I want to say something to the American people. I live in a neighborhood, Jonathan. You and I both have white partners. I live in a nice mixed neighborhood with all kinds of people, including Republican people who are nice people, who shovel your grass, who care about the neighborhood, care about the world, right? You nice people don’t want this guy just because your economy worked better for five minutes under his regime. You nice Christians, you kind, loving Jewish people, we’re not these people. We’re not these people.”

Lewis added, “And we’re not going to get what we want if we elect this fascist, authoritarian weasel.”

Dem Rep. Crockett: MAGA Is a Domestic Threat, Trump Is Stoking Them

Representative Jasmine Crockett (D-TX) said Sunday on MSNBC’s “Inside” that MAGA is a domestic threat that former President Donald Trump is stoking them.

Crockett said, “Springfield is going through hell, but they are going through hell because the guy who says he wants to be the commander-in-chief is actually bringing that hell to their footsteps. He decided amplify a lie on a national debate stage and that harming American citizens and that is a problem. When I talk about MAGA, I talk about the fact that when we finally swore in, we swore to defend against those that are coming against us, whether they are domestic or international. Right now, I feel like MAGA, in general, is a threat to us domestically. We see time and time again.”

She continued, “The guy supposed to protect us when it comes to people coming out against us. This is the same guy that couldn’t say on the debate stage he wanted to Ukraine to win. He doesn’t understand who our friends are and doesn’t understand who we are as a nation, which we are a country of immigrants.”

Crockett added, “The problem isn’t the people coming in, but this guy and his people here doing the bomb threats throughout our country and domestic terrorism is a real thing, and he is the guy that stokes it.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Hillary Clinton: Trump’s ‘Politics of Hate and Division’ Puts America’s Security in Danger

Clinton said, “I’m very hopeful, and even optimistic that Americans who do not want to see a continuation of this politics of hate and division will reject Trump.”

She continued, “The object in this case is Donald Trump, his demagoguery, his danger to our country and the world. You know, they were merciless about what they saw as President Biden’s problems in the debate and calling for him to withdraw. I believe Donald Trump has disqualified himself over and over and over again to be a presidential candidate, let alone a president.”

Clinton added, “I do think more and more Americans are rejecting the kind of chaos that he represents. We can’t go back. That’s what the Harris campaign says all the time. We’re not going back. We’re not going back to, you know, what he failed to do to protect American lives during COVID. We’re not going back to the, you know, romance with dictators that puts innocent lives at risk and puts America’s security in danger. We can’t go back and give this very dangerous man another chance to do harm to our country and the world.”