Lights?

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Who has them? What kind do you recommend? How much do they cost to run? Does anyone have any portable light ideas? It is going to be dark soon. :cds:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
What are you trying to light up?

portable? I use a milwalkee flashlight.

You can sit it down aim the light where you want...has rechargable batteries.
I bought the drill and flashlight combo, whis is great for the barn.

fredsaid2

There's your answer Sadie, hook up your riding arena w/ a bunch of flashlights. Go Green w/ the rechargables! :biggrin:

mingiz

Horse Poor

Sparks

We bought used golf driving range lights. Metal Halide. It's really the wiring that was the most expensive part.

Sparks

Are those lights that go on a telephone pole or like the ones you see paving crews using for night work?

They are on top of 6 telephone poles. One light per pole. 3 poles on each long side. Covers an area about 100x175. If I were to do it again, I'd have put a pole on the short ends as well.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Okay, I think Countylady may have an idea. I did see a hunting caps that had LCD lights in them, maybe I could attach one of the caps to the bridle. I am not joking at Lowes the guy seriously suggested the cap because the lights were so bright. I was thinking....he was not so bright. I did see a big light that ran about $40. I just want enough light to ride in at night. Ghetto lights, I live in the sticks....no one out here would care. SParks, you have the fancy stuff! I want it, but my wallet says "no". :killingme

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I already have some nice big telephone/electrical poles in my yard. I wonder if I have to get permission to use them.:whistle:

appaholic

I hate that empty wallet thing! Horsewomen can spend alot of money, and we would do it wisely!:killingme
Sounds like you are doing alot of work! Congrats, I am sure you will enjoy barn/lighted ring.:yahoo:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I think there are rules or laws or something about the light cannot cross onto anothers property. Is that true or did I make it up?

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I think there are rules or laws or something about the light cannot cross onto anothers property. Is that true or did I make it up?

For permanent lighting you should get permission from neighbors it would potentially affect. You might disturb their serenity. People have sued for stuff like that.

I know you are in Florida, but the local electric company will give (for free) telephone poles. You haul safely away. Most telephone poles along the side of the road are only set into the ground 3 feet. Setting telephone poles in the ground for lighting pruposes, 3 feet is plenty. Florida has a lot of sandy soil, so deeper may be better, I don't know for sure. You could ask your local utility company what their standard depth is for setting a telephone pole in your area is.

:coffee:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
For permanent lighting you should get permission from neighbors it would potentially affect. You might disturb their serenity. People have sued for stuff like that.

I know you are in Florida, but the local electric company will give (for free) telephone poles. You haul safely away. Most telephone poles along the side of the road are only set into the ground 3 feet. Setting telephone poles in the ground for lighting pruposes, 3 feet is plenty. Florida has a lot of sandy soil, so deeper may be better, I don't know for sure. You could ask your local utility company what their standard depth is for setting a telephone pole in your area is.

:coffee:

Only 3 feet??? I don't want to stand under that pole. With the hurricanes down here I would think they might be deeper down here. I will check!

Okay, I think Countylady may have an idea. I did see a hunting caps that had LCD lights in them, maybe I could attach one of the caps to the bridle. I am not joking at Lowes the guy seriously suggested the cap because the lights were so bright. I was thinking....he was not so bright. I did see a big light that ran about $40. I just want enough light to ride in at night. Ghetto lights, I live in the sticks....no one out here would care. SParks, you have the fancy stuff! I want it, but my wallet says "no". :killingme

They make lights that slide on to the bill of a hard hat that might work on the bridle of the horse instead of buying a ball cap and cutting them!!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
They make lights that slide on to the bill of a hard hat that might work on the bridle of the horse instead of buying a ball cap and cutting them!!

Attachments

• 2431.jpg
    2431.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 58
  • blcs1-b.jpg
    blcs1-b.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 67