Livestock auction tonight

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Does anyone know the usual procedures at the livestock auction tonight at Charlotte Hall? I mean do you present your own critters or does someone else there do it?

I was told to put my chickens for sale into cardboard boxes so I didn't have to wait around for them to be claimed as I would if I had used crates/cages. I'm taking some of my Polish Tolbunt mixed dark roos there and a few others.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Does anyone know the usual procedures at the livestock auction tonight at Charlotte Hall? I mean do you present your own critters or does someone else there do it?

I was told to put my chickens for sale into cardboard boxes so I didn't have to wait around for them to be claimed as I would if I had used crates/cages. I'm taking some of my Polish Tolbunt mixed dark roos there and a few others.

why wouldnt you wait around to make sure they were claimed??

what happens if they were not claimed???

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
why wouldnt you wait around to make sure they were claimed??

what happens if they were not claimed???

People don't usually BUY livestock and forget to take it home LOL

Maybe you were thinking I was gonna leave before the sale was over and maybe a rooster didn't get sold? No, I have to stay for the sale, so if one or more did not sell I'd be taking them home with me.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
People don't usually BUY livestock and forget to take it home LOL

Maybe you were thinking I was gonna leave before the sale was over and maybe a rooster didn't get sold? No, I have to stay for the sale, so if one or more did not sell I'd be taking them home with me.

ok.... :killingme

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

yeah :biggrin:

Another gal will be bringing some of her Polish Tolbunts also - so it should be interesting if they get snatched up as I expect they will. I am not sure how many people show up in the dead of Winter to a livestock auction? Come on out and have some fun .....

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
yeah :biggrin:

Another gal will be bringing some of her Polish Tolbunts also - so it should be interesting if they get snatched up as I expect they will. I am not sure how many people show up in the dead of Winter to a livestock auction? Come on out and have some fun .....

no can do.... i will be snowed in by that time :killingme

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Im already worried about driving home tonight... may just have to spend the night here at work

oh no are roads going to be that bad tonight ? If they are I'm not going to venture out and potentially end up in a ditch on the side of the road with a bunch of roosters crowing in my ear :lmao:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
okay well it's official, we will wait until the next auction to go. In the meantime, that gives me more time to get information about the auction process there.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
oh no are roads going to be that bad tonight ? If they are I'm not going to venture out and potentially end up in a ditch on the side of the road with a bunch of roosters crowing in my ear :lmao:

Its already bad out there... the roads are frozen over....

just stay at work....

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Its already bad out there... the roads are frozen over....

just stay at work....

NO thank you, I'd rather take my chances getting home, plus I have to stop and buy a case of beer - can't have a good Winter Storm w/o beer you know ....