Local Gym with Indoor Pool?

D

dems4me

jwwb2000 said:
On Great Mills Road is where the pool is located.........Do you know where Great Mills Road is :shrug:

Thank you for trying to help without doing it backhandedly or just posting to throw jabs at me... :huggy:

No I don't know where that is -- I have no idea :frown: I'm terrible with maps and sense of direction. :frown:

Techno Kat

Dems, it seems to me the issue is not with you wanting to get in shape by swimming. They are having issue with you asking basic questions that could be answered with a simple internet search. Perhaps the harrassment would stop if you did the preliminary info gathering and then asked direct questions based on the results of your initial effort?

Quiet Giant

Lackey High School in Charles located off of Rt. 225 has an indoor pool. They are open during the week (evening hours) and on the weekends also.

Bogart

dems4me said:
Thank you for trying to help without doing it backhandedly or just posting to throw jabs at me... :huggy:

No I don't know where that is -- I have no idea :frown: I'm terrible with maps and sense of direction. :frown:
How do you manage to swim laps without drowning? :confused:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
dems4me said:

I was merely asking if you knew where it was.....Not trying to throw jabs :flowers:

K

Kizzy

Quiet Giant said:
Lackey High School in Charles located off of Rt. 225 has an indoor pool. They are open during the week (evening hours) and on the weekends also.

She'll look like the center of an oreo cookie there. :duh:

:lol:

Anyway, Dems, your intentions are good, no doubt, but where are you going to find the time Miss Worksallthetime?

Nanny Pam

When I get the urge to swim, I go to one of the local Motels. They'll let you swim anytime during the winter months. $3.00 for all day.
I took the DQ with me once, and we had a ball.
Call some Motels in your area and check if they will let ya swim.
Worth a shot, right?

D

dems4me

Nanny Pam said:
When I get the urge to swim, I go to one of the local Motels. They'll let you swim anytime during the winter months. $3.00 for all day.
Worth a shot, right?

Thanks :huggy: I just thought I'd ask if anyone else does any indoor swimming around here and could recommend a place -- kind of like one would ask for a recommendation on ohh... lets say an optomitrist, an obgyn, etc.... I was just wondering what was around in the area thinking folks might do something that requires them to get off their azzes and pry themselves away from the computer for working out or swimming laps, etc. :cussing:

Vria... please pm me and help me create an MPD or come up with a good name for one or something ... :bawl: Anyone else would have gotten a decent answer... :mad:

It's all good I suppose... I can just gleen from the few helpful posts and disgard those tactless.

Kizzy -- I think that's why I have gained weight and have gotten out of shape... I've been working too much -- too sedentary. :biggrin:

D

dems4me

Chasey_Lane said:
Dems, have you thought about joining a gym?

Yes and no... I have a free gym here in the building where I work and ther's even a personal trainer but something about working out or undressing next to fit coworkers bother me. I'd rather be around strangers working out. What if you break wind or something? A coworker would never let you forget it it... not that I do that often, it was just an example that came to mind the quickest... :lol:

I'm not into gym stuff, I don't find that fun. Swimming and being in the water is something that I just absolutely love to do - it wouldn't even be exercise or a chore, it would be a delight!! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Nanny Pam said:
Worth a shot, right?
:yeahthat: Colony South in Clinton has a pool and a fitness center.

Bogart

dems4me said:
Yes and no... I have a free gym here in the building where I work and ther's even a personal trainer but something about working out or undressing next to fit coworkers bother me. I'd rather be around strangers working out. What if you break wind or something? A coworker would never let you forget it it... not that I do that often, it was just an example that came to mind the quickest... :lol:

I'm not into gym stuff, I don't find that fun. Swimming and being in the water is something that I just absolutely love to do - it wouldn't even be exercise or a chore, it would be a delight!! :smile:
No wonder you have money problems.

D

dems4me

Bogart said:
No wonder you have money problems.

I don't have money problems. :duh: I have spending and saving problems, budgeting issues all coinciding with instant gratification issues. :ohwell: In otherwords, I'm human. :biggrin:

Quiet Giant

Far as looking like the center of an oreo cookie, not ture at all. Been there myself no problems. Why should that make a difference to begin with?