local gyms

B

BET

I know Leonardtown and Lexington Park does.

WOW!!!!!!!!! REAL TOWELS!!!!! OH my I'll run right over to Maximum case they have real towels to wipe down the equipment.

Do you know how gross and germ infected those towels are? You use the equipment and wipe it down with the towel, now I'm going to go use the equipment and wipe down it down with the same towel you used and the next person will do the same and the next and the next. Would you use a bath towel that I just used after a shower?

I think paper towels that are used once would be much better. Use it once and throw it away.

I never have to wait for equipment in the LP WG either.

The towels are not used over and over. Don’t know why you assumed that. Do you use your paper towels over and over at WG? I’m guessing you’re an employee at WG.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
The towels are not used over and over. Don’t know why you assumed that. Do you use your paper towels over and over at WG? I’m guessing you’re an employee at WG.

The last time I was in Max there was one towel that was being used by several people to wipe down equipment. Why would you ask if I used a paper towel over and over again when I have already said that is gross? :rolleyes:

You guessed wrong, I do not work at WG.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Do you know how gross and germ infected those towels are? You use the equipment and wipe it down with the towel, now I'm going to go use the equipment and wipe down it down with the same towel you used and the next person will do the same and the next and the next. Would you use a bath towel that I just used after a shower?

Each person grabs their own towel to wipe down equipment. At the end of their workout, towels are thrown into a basket for cleaning. The staff regularly go around wiping equipment off, too!

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Each person grabs their own towel to wipe down equipment. At the end of their workout, towels are thrown into a basket for cleaning. The staff regularly go around wiping equipment off, too!

If the towels are handled in that manner then that's even better. It was not handled like that the last time I was in there, which is a year ago.

But I wouldn't base my choice on why type of towel they offer. I have enjoyed my workouts there, it's just not in my daily travels.

Both gyms have something to offer. I have never had a problem at either place.

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
It was not like that the last time I went in. Which has bee about a year.

I've shared w/people that I was working out with. :shrug: I've been going to Max since they opened. There has never been a "community towel" for spray down bottles. :lol:

SweetPants

just a country girl
thanks for your opinions everyone. and no I haven't gotten scared off. its going to take more than just some perverted comments to scare me

Beta84

They're out to get us