Local player makes the Major Leagues

sockgirl77

:yay: Company gave us box seats for a game this month, can't wait! Taking both boys .. 3 & 6 ... we'll see how much game we actually get to watch.. :lol: I'm hoping they both love it.

We should switch companies. Mine doesn't give us crap. Sure, C and C got to go watch the Caps. Guess who they got the tickets from? :lol:

We should switch companies. Mine doesn't give us crap. Sure, C and C got to go watch the Caps. Guess who they got the tickets from? :lol:

I think my biggest regret so far was having to turn down 1st round NCAA tickets at the Verizon Center this past March. My stomach just turned having to say no. We were given tickets to the Sweet 16 in Philly several years back and had a complete and total blast!

These types of tickets come around once in a blue moon and I hope I'm lucky enough to get an opportunity at them next year!

sockgirl77

I think my biggest regret so far was having to turn down 1st round NCAA tickets at the Verizon Center this past March. My stomach just turned having to say no. We were given tickets to the Sweet 16 in Philly several years back and had a complete and total blast!

These types of tickets come around once in a blue moon and I hope I'm lucky enough to get an opportunity at them next year!
I get to go to a company picnic outside in the hottest month of the year. :clap:
The cable advertising division of Comcast.
:doh: I knew that.

I get to go to a company picnic outside in the hottest month of the year. :clap:

:doh: I knew that.

Ours did away w/ the company picnic years ago. This year they are doing away w/ the holiday party. Now each location gets to have a crab feast in place of the picnic and we get to do local events every 60 days. I will miss the holiday party.

sockgirl77

Ours did away w/ the company picnic years ago. This year they are doing away w/ the holiday party. Now each location gets to have a crab feast in place of the picnic and we get to do local events every 60 days. I will miss the holiday party.

They hiring?

Nupe2

Great news about Daryl! He and my youngest son were friends growing up. When they played against each other in Hughesville, Daryl would strike everybody out but my son. He would walk him and they would laugh and then he would strike out the next guy! :lol:

I can't wait to see him pitch! :yahoo:

edit: Looks like I'll have to wait a bit....:ohwell:

Reds July 4: Claimed infielder Andy Phillips off waivers from the New York Mets; optioned pitcher Daryl Thompson to Louisville of the International League (AAA).

Last edited:

DuffMan

In my younger days I played with a lot of guys that made it to different levels of pro baseball. Can't remember the last one from SOMD though. I did play with alot of guys that are in the pro's at a baseball showcase in Ohio about 11 years ago.

from 1994 to 1996 there were a lot of good players in SOMD high schools. I know Calvert high had a lot of great baseball player.

donbarzini

Great news about Daryl! He and my youngest son were friends growing up. When they played against each other in Hughesville, Daryl would strike everybody out but my son. He would walk him and they would laugh and then he would strike out the next guy! :lol:

I can't wait to see him pitch! :yahoo:

edit: Looks like I'll have to wait a bit....:ohwell:

Reds July 4: Claimed infielder Andy Phillips off waivers from the New York Mets; optioned pitcher Daryl Thompson to Louisville of the International League (AAA).

They just optioned him out to make sure he gets to pitch on schedule. That's the most important part of building the arm strength. Regularly scheduled work.

DuffMan

On the ladies side, Megan Elliot (Calvert HS) is pitching for the ASU Sun Devils (NCAA Div 1 Champs) and is on the US Jr. National Team.

Could the next Cat or Jenny be from SoMd? :yahoo:

Yeah she is really good! Too bad they are taking away softball for the olympics.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Yeah she is really good! Too bad they are taking away softball for the olympics.

Hopefully it will be back in by the time my daughter is eligible to play. :popcorn:

I'd like to see more support and coverage for NPF teams. Look how well the WNBA has done.