Local player makes the Major Leagues

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Hopefully it will be back in by the time my daughter is eligible to play. :popcorn:

I'd like to see more support and coverage for NPF teams. Look how well the WNBA has done.

I guess it is all relative, they are still in business if that is what you mean.

If not for the NBA keeping it afloat they would of been done years ago, I think I remember reading somewhere that every team loses money.

Aa3rt

Other major leaguers from Southern Maryland...

Warning: Dormant topic being revived

I just did some checking at "Baseball-Reference.com" and found 3 other major league players who were born locally.

Ed Edelen's birthplace is listed as Bryantown, he appeared in 2 games for the Washington Senators in 1932.

Ed Edelen career record

Shane Halter is listed as having been born in La Plata and played from 1997-2004 with the Kansas City Royals, New York Mets, Detroit Tigers and Los Angeles Angels.

Shane Halter career record

Finally, Jim Proctor pitched in 2 games for the 1959 Detroit Tigers. His birthplace is listed as Brandywine.

Jim Proctor career record

Five of the six players who come from this area (the others-Tim Drummond, Steve Farr and Daryl Thompson) are all pitchers. Shane Halter played every position during his major league career, including pitching in 2 games, once for Detroit, the other time for Kansas City.

Last edited: