Lone Star Gone Star

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Last time we went to that Lone Star, when they brought my husband his food, the vegetables were still in the little bag they were microwaved in. We never went back.

mdgirlie

Last time we went to that Lone Star, when they brought my husband his food, the vegetables were still in the little bag they were microwaved in. We never went back.

LMAO! The last time I went, I ordered spinach dip. Let's just put it this way...even Popeye woudn't have eaten it! It looked like they opened a can of spinach and dumped it in a serving dish and microwaved it for a minute. There was absolutely no seasoning, no cream cheese, no mayo, no artichokes, NOTHING! Oh, and they topped it with a slice of unmelted mozzerella cheese. It was pretty comical! There were some other things wrong with all of our meals, but this one took the cake.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
LMAO! The last time I went, I ordered spinach dip. Let's just put it this way...even Popeye woudn't have eaten it! It looked like they opened a can of spinach and dumped it in a serving dish and microwaved it for a minute. There was absolutely no seasoning, no cream cheese, no mayo, no artichokes, NOTHING! Oh, and they topped it with a slice of unmelted mozzerella cheese. It was pretty comical! There were some other things wrong with all of our meals, but this one took the cake.

A live cockroach in the salad tops everything.

Southern Belle

I'm not surprised. I went there several months ago. The food was horrible and the service was even worse. We were seated right away as they had just opened the doors so i'm not sure why it took 2 hrs to get our food and check. I complained to the manager and she gave us a coupon for a free lunch. I found it in my wallet a couple of months ago and threw it away because I never intended on going back.

G

Gemmi

I have never been impressed with Lone star or the Olive Garden either for that matter. Texas Roadhouse gets my vote for steakhouse and Carrabba's for Italian. I did like the Outback when I lived down that way but there was usually a long wait just to be seated and a longer wait for your meal.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I have never been impressed with Lone star or the Olive Garden either for that matter. Texas Roadhouse gets my vote for steakhouse and Carrabba's for Italian. I did like the Outback when I lived down that way but there was usually a long wait just to be seated and a longer wait for your meal.

and there will be an even longer wait with the competition closed :killingme

itsbob

I bowl overhand

So Texas Roadhouse if going to open here, and have to pull from the same management/ worker pool.

I've been to Ollive Garden in other places and they run GREAT, the one here is a friggin nightmare, and I would bet the same is going to happen to the local Texas Roadhouse too.

BernieP

Resident PIA
So Texas Roadhouse if going to open here, and have to pull from the same management/ worker pool.

I've been to Ollive Garden in other places and they run GREAT, the one here is a friggin nightmare, and I would bet the same is going to happen to the local Texas Roadhouse too.

Haven't been to Olive Garden for a while but when we were last there didn't have a problem and trust me, the boss is very fussy. Always seems to be busy so whatever he problem, their business seems to be doing okay.
Spoke with one of the managers when it first opened and he wasn't local.

I'll get flamed for this but I thnk in general people here want cheap, they would prefer a bad buffet to a well prepared meal - quanity over quality. They also tend to be poor tippers and that's what servers make their money on. So if people don't tip, those servers are going to look for more stable income

Beta84

They're out to get us
Is Lonestar putting phantom cars in their parking lot to pretend they're in business? Or are those all the people lined up for lunch that are getting turned away in packs because it's closed? :confused:

ftcret

Is Lonestar putting phantom cars in their parking lot to pretend they're in business? Or are those all the people lined up for lunch that are getting turned away in packs because it's closed? :confused:

Corporate closers and a couple of employees working for their last $

darthtalonfan26

Not all of the Lone Stars went out of business. I still get coupons in my e-mail for the Lone Star restaurant.

Although I must say, I do miss throwing peanuts on the floor. That was fun. :1bdz:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Because of this thread, I called Lonestar and some guy named Louis/Louie told me that the restaurant was, indeed, permanently closed, per a Management decision.

I then asked him if the Management decision was based on horrible food, or was is the crappy service. He never responded back to me. :lol:

G

Gemmi

Not all of the Lone Stars went out of business. I still get coupons in my e-mail for the Lone Star restaurant.

Although I must say, I do miss throwing peanuts on the floor. That was fun. :1bdz:

You can throw the peanuts at Texas Roadhouse. :bigwhoop:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I guess the Lone Star coupon that came in todays Enterprise is no longer valid for the Lexington Park location. :lmao:

ftcret

Because of this thread, I called Lonestar and some guy named Louis/Louie told me that the restaurant was, indeed, permanently closed, per a Management decision.

I then asked him if the Management decision was based on horrible food, or was is the crappy service. He never responded back to me. :lol:

Or all of the above combined with obnoxious patrons wanting something for nothing. Very charming ladies at the bar there last visit. Glad I didin't have my mother or children with me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'll get flamed for this but I thnk in general people here want cheap, they would prefer a bad buffet to a well prepared meal - quanity over quality. They also tend to be poor tippers and that's what servers make their money on. So if people don't tip, those servers are going to look for more stable income

I think you're probably right about this. That's why local restaurants with excellent food are empty, yet :shudder: the Applebee's, Outback and Olive Garden have lines waiting.

I think Carlos at Ruddy Duck has it right. Good food, good service, good atmosphere. But I've heard people complain about his prices, to which I think, "Then go to the freakin' McDonald's."

GoodnessME

What are your thoughts about Red Robin? Have not been there and was wondering how the food and service is? Don't see a lot of cars in their lot but the Olive Garden seems to have more. TIA.......

BernieP

Resident PIA
Tell me what you think of this

Lone Star Steakhouse Find a Restaurant

Used the zipcode search for 20653 and got 5 locaitons:
Alexandria VA
Colonial Heights VA
Dover DE
Fredericksburg VA
Hampton VA

Then tried using the STATE pull down locator: There is no Maryland (MD) selection available.

So while the state is colored red on the map, there does not appear to be a Lone Star Steakhouse open in the state of Maryland.