Lone Star Gone Star

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What are your thoughts about Red Robin? Have not been there and was wondering how the food and service is? Don't see a lot of cars in their lot but the Olive Garden seems to have more. TIA.......

Always a good crowd in there when we go.

It's a burger joint, so if you go in there expecting a GOOD burger, and not a great filet you'll like it.

For a burger joint I think the service is above par. Food is very good.. and the bottomless root beer float is the bom-diggity!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
What are your thoughts about Red Robin? Have not been there and was wondering how the food and service is? Don't see a lot of cars in their lot but the Olive Garden seems to have more. TIA.......
We were there this weekend and our server (Byron) was awesome. I had the Whiskey River BBQ burger, which was good despite the fact that I didn't taste any bbq. The little one had the fish and chips (good!) with a delicious root beer float, and I can't remember what Dustin had but he really liked it. The fried cheesecake bites are really really good. :lol:

Bavarian

The building was much better as Golden Corral. Last time at Lonestar had good meal, but that has been some time ago. Overun with NAVAIR and Contractors though. Really liked Western Steer, especially before they painted bricks white. Was a cafeteria, but the main meal was brought to your table.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Always a good crowd in there when we go.

It's a burger joint, so if you go in there expecting a GOOD burger, and not a great filet you'll like it.

For a burger joint I think the service is above par. Food is very good.. and the bottomless root beer float is the bom-diggity!

Calling it a burger joint is kind of misleading, it's a restaurant that specializes in "gourmet" burgers - plus they have other food, both sandwiches and platters. The menu is not simple, there are numerous choices. Food is good, service is decent, they hustle to move the crowd thru (i.e. clear tables and set up quickly to seat the waiting masses)
But their price is higher then a "joint" - five guys would be a "burger joint' IMHO.
I'd recommend it. Lot's of people seem to like it, always seems to be a crowd so expect a little wait.