looking for a decent auto repair place..

kristin76

It seems to happen to me all the time, i take my cars to a place for a while and every single time at some point, they manage to foul up something big and i end up trying to find some other place. I would love some suggestions from all y'all about who the best mechanics are in the area.. your help is much appreciated.

It seems to happen to me all the time, i take my cars to a place for a while and every single time at some point, they manage to foul up something big and i end up trying to find some other place. I would love some suggestions from all y'all about who the best mechanics are in the area.. your help is much appreciated.
If you're up for going to Hughesville, Jimmy Rader does great work and I trust him to work on my cars without question.

SoMdDude

If you are near white plains/waldorf... Gary Greys In white plains is hands down the best auto body shop in the area. I dont think they do mechanical work though

M

Mousebaby

Hubby just had to have his U-joints replaced in his truck and this place did an excellent job and was very reasonable on their price. It's called Mark's Automotive and he is just south of gate 2 on 235. Hope this helps! :howdy:

smilin

BOXER NATION

I have been using R & R Automotive ((301) 737-5688) in San Souci for years. They are very competent plus really convenient. The last time I was there they were honest enough to tell me they couldn't find the problem and didn't charge me.
Turns out the only people who had the technical equipment to fix the problem was the dealer. Of course they charged me $100 to tell me it would cost $900 to fix it.

:buddies:

ohstate

I have been using R & R Automotive ((301) 737-5688) in San Souci for years. They are very competent plus really convenient. The last time I was there they were honest enough to tell me they couldn't find the problem and didn't charge me.
Turns out the only people who had the technical equipment to fix the problem was the dealer. Of course they charged me $100 to tell me it would cost $900 to fix it.

:buddies:
Sadly, Ronnie closed R&R this summer. Sold it to a new guy who was supposed to open within a month or so. Don't know where Dan landed.

What area?

bohman

I've been going to Midas on Great Mills Rd for years. Never had a problem. Guy named Fred (Phelps, I think?) runs it, very nice guy.

I've always heard good things about Cheseldines, too, but haven't used them for anything myself yet.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Hubby just had to have his U-joints replaced in his truck and this place did an excellent job and was very reasonable on their price. It's called Mark's Automotive and he is just south of gate 2 on 235. Hope this helps! :howdy:
:yeahthat:

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
Hubby just had to have his U-joints replaced in his truck and this place did an excellent job and was very reasonable on their price. It's called Mark's Automotive and he is just south of gate 2 on 235.I Hope this helps! :howdy:

Never had a problem with them. Very reasonable. Nice people. Another place I was going to go to wanted to charge 2x what I paid at Mark's.

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
Doug Byrne 301 904 3923 Ridge He fixed a complicated transmission problem in my dully truck very reasonable. I trust this guys work and priceing.

mingiz

Horse Poor
QUOTE=Dead Eye;3106287]Doug Byrne 301 904 3923 Ridge He fixed a complicated transmission problem in my dully truck very reasonable. I trust this guys work and priceing.[/QUOTE]

He works at PJ's Autobody...They offer vehicle repair also...

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Leonardtown Service Center. Been going to them for the past 13 years and have never had a problem with the work done or the price. Don King and his team do a great job

mingiz

Horse Poor
thanks for all of the tips guys.. any problems with southern tire?

I took my truck in there a while back to have them take the spare tire and put it on the regular rim (to mathc the rest) and when they put the tire back on they didn't put it in the cradle the correct way and when I had a flat and took the tire out they had the tire laying up against the exhaust pipe and it burnt a gouge in the tire. They denied it even though they were the only ones that had worked on the truck. Haven't been back since....And I was a loyal customer up to that point.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I've been going to Midas on Great Mills Rd for years. Never had a problem. Guy named Fred (Phelps, I think?) runs it, very nice guy.

I've always heard good things about Cheseldines, too, but haven't used them for anything myself yet.

:shocked: