looking for a little help

wineo

loving life
Go to stmarysnetworkofcare.org, it list all the agencies in the area and contact info. There are plenty places that offer help and group support.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Three kids

Maybe I'm naive too but I will take you at your word as well. When my 1st marriage ended in divorce - and before anybody asks let me say I realized we were married and he didn't and that's all I care to say about it - I had friends at church. In fact I went on to teach a single parents class from church. I don't know where any groups are around here but if you'd like to bring your kids to church PM me and I'll be glad to let you know where mine is if you don't have one already.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
btw....who was your sympathy boo........

I still get sympathy booty.

I tell them that my wife took the kids and my paycheck then left with the black sheriff and all I have left is this POP UP CAMPER.
It gets so lonely and cold at night there now that all the campers have left for the summer. Heavens what will I do when it starts snowing. I only have my internet friends left and that how I found this dating site. :popcorn:

datehookup.com.

BTW they have some fun forums overthere. :whistle:

CMC122

Go Braves!
I don't take kindly for the sympathy booty comments. After what the ex did to me I really am not looking for anything. Was just looking for some coping skills. Looks like some of you need more help then me.
Go to a real therapist :peace:

A

amotley

I don't know of any real support groups except parents without partners. Maybe Walden can direct you.

my mom went here after 28 years of marriage went out the door,if its anything like it used to be they have meetings for different things (they have different meeting for the groups that seperate or divorce) and do alot of social things that dont cost an arm and leg and most include the children also. Parents Without Partners Home Page This is the capter she belongs to Parents Without Partners: Chapter 60

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Looks like some of you need more help then me.

Very observant.

My advice is to stay busy. Don't give yourself a lot of time to dwell and get depressed. It takes time to heal after a split, and you'll be hurt and angry for a long time. But that doesn't mean you have to give in to it.

Think of something you've always wanted to do, but couldn't because of the wife. And then go do it.

And good luck!

Vince

Very observant.

My advice is to stay busy. Don't give yourself a lot of time to dwell and get depressed. It takes time to heal after a split, and you'll be hurt and angry for a long time. But that doesn't mean you have to give in to it.

Think of something you've always wanted to do, but couldn't because of the wife. And then go do it.

And good luck!
:yeahthat: But then, with 2 kids left to take care of, I didn't really have to look for things to do. :lol:

SeptemberLady

Brown-Eyed Girl
Agree with Vrai. Keep busy with your interests. Finding lasting friendships, not relationships will get you through those tough times.

SoMDGirl42

If I had killed my ex when I wanted to, I'd be out by now :cheers:

Best advise, time. Things will get easier to deal with as time goes on. Do something you've been putting off for a long time. Do something with your kids. Keep busy and your mind won't wonder to "her" as often wondering what she's doing etc.