Looking for a place.........

S

starr

I was wondering if anybody knew of any apartment/condos for rent. I know everyone doesn't advertise and I am having a hard time finding somewhere. I need somewhere that allows animals. I have a nine year old minature american eskimo. She is about 25 pounds and is very well behaved. She only barks when someone knocks. But so many places have a no pets policy. I now know why there are so many strays. But moving without my dog is not an option.

I am currently a full time student and I work on base. I could afford around $600 and would like it if all utilites were included. I am just starting out so any help would be apperciated. Thanks in advance.

S

starr

Yikes!

I currently live in Mechanicsville and the fartherest down I will go is California. I guess Leonardtown is an option.

S

starr

I know people that have $600 with utilites included. It doesn't have to be all of them.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by starr
Yikes!

I currently live in Mechanicsville and the fartherest down I will go is California. I guess Leonardtown is an option.

You're definitely limiting yourself within that area - the cheaper rents are down in the Lexington Park/Great Mills area, although I don't think $600/month with util. included will happen most places. Sounds like your best option might be to rent a room somewhere or find a roommate to share a place with.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by huntr1
$600 w/ all utilities included ain't gonna happen.

Only if you get a roommate.

Best bet is find somewhere close to base that allows pets, and then find a friend to share it with you.

I think most 2 BR apts. are going for around $900-$1000 a month.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Then forget about the utilites.....what about the dog.

I rented a place and had a roomie with a dog. There are plenty of houses - even in the Lusby area - that will accept pets w/a pet deposit. It's definitely harder to find a place to have a pet, but they are around.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
have you looked in the classifeds on this site? :shrug: There are usually a few apt's listed (basements, over top garages, etc) that might be do-able.

:yay: good luck.

S

starr

Yeah I check on here all the time. But haven't really seen anything. Alot of no pets, no smoking...

But I know some people just put out For Rent signs or whatever.

crabcake

as for the smoking issue, if someone doesn't allow smoking, ask them if they'd accept you smoking outside the home/apt. I'd rent to someone who didn't smoke in the home :shrug: but inside the house (even as a smoker) is not something I'd tolerate either. The damage and filth it brings to your home on the walls, ceilings, carpet, etc. is far more expensive than any security deposit you'll pay.

S

starr

I was just making a point. I don't smoke, I am actually allergic so that is not an issue.

Norrisca

Looking for condo to rent

New to the board, but here goes...building "2004" new waterfront condo/townhomes off of Dowell Road in Calvert called Winward or Windstar by U.S. Homes (I think). Equipped w/boat slip, garages, lg. 3 bed 2.5 bath, deck. Also, next to Winward my development Mill Creek (older), they also have waterfront w/deep water boat slip, same floor plan w/pool tennis court, ground maintenance, trash removal and dock master w/assoc fee. Rent maybe $1500 or higher for waterfront. Can't get any info on starting prices or rental rates, if possible. Sales office open part time. I'm trying to get a look at the floor plans myself.

Hope this helps.

crabcake

methinks a brand new condo (even ground floor with the dumpster for a view) is going to rent for a tad bit more than $600/month incl utilities in SoMD.

S

starr

2 years ago my sister rented a 2 bedroom place in Wildwood for $700 and now those things go for $950. What is going on around here?:banghead:

crabcake

2 years ago my sister rented a 2 bedroom place in Wildwood for $700 and now those things go for $950. What is going on around here?:banghead:

demand ... more peeps and not enough housing/jobs ... that's all it takes. :shrug: