Looking for gun ranges

Ponytail

Bustem' Down said:
Are there any ranges in SOMD that allow rifle rounds or large caliber rounds?

When I was at the indoor range in Marlboro, I thought there was a guy shooting a rifle. 30-30 I believe. But call them...I might be completely in the clouds on that one. They have no problem with large caliber handguns. I had my .44 mag, dude next to me had a .50 DE. I could swear there was a guy shooting a rifle there.

Call them to get specific limitations though. Was like $15 per person/day.

http://www.msar.com/aboutus.html

if not, you'll have to kiss azz of a member of Sanners Lake. There's a few on here.

Ponytail

Toxick said:
There used to be one in CRE near the stables, but I have no idea if it's still there or not.

That's horse shoe pits now. I always thought that that area would make a good range. Now I know. :biggrin:

Ponytail

Bustem' Down said:
Thanks. I'm looking around N. Va also. This is a little harder than it looks and now I miss Texas.

:lol: NOW you miss Texas? Wow. Now I REALLY don't want to GO to Texas. :lol: Figured you would have started missing Texas long before now.

blacklabman

Go to sanners-lake.com

Membership year opens up 1 May. There is a waiting list.

Currently only .50 BMG NOT allowed.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Ponytail said:
:lol: NOW you miss Texas? Wow. Now I REALLY don't want to GO to Texas. :lol: Figured you would have started missing Texas long before now.
It's a great state, just the weather sucks. :lol: I'm not the kind of guy who likes upper 90's with 95% humidity for 8 months straight. And no smow.

Toxick

Splat
Ponytail said:
That's horse shoe pits now. I always thought that that area would make a good range. Now I know. :biggrin:

So I guess it would be frowned upon to just show up down there and start to open fire?

R

RadioPatrol

Bustem' Down said:
Thanks. I'm looking around N. Va also. This is a little harder than it looks and now I miss Texas.

Clarks Bros Gun Store in Bealton Va has an outdoor range, you have to buy there ammo though ....... out around 15 & 17 past warrenton

looking for a place to fire that Mosin-Nagant ? :whistle:

Ponytail

Toxick said:
So I guess it would be frowned upon to just show up down there and start to open fire?

Oh, believe me. I've been tempted. When the horse shoes aren't flying, it's a haven for the deer. :lol:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
blacklabman said:
Go to sanners-lake.com

Membership year opens up 1 May. There is a waiting list.

Currently only .50 BMG NOT allowed.
I know a guy that has one of those, I am thinking about buying it but it's too much money for something I have no use for.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Magnum said:
I know a guy that has one of those, I am thinking about buying it but it's too much money for something I have no use for.

Never know you might want to shoot down a 747. :sarcasm: That is what I heard in California anyway.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
AK-74me said:
Never know you might want to shoot down a 747. :sarcasm: That is what I heard in California anyway.
He said he had a bunch of AP bullets, he had a ton of guns, big collection

N

nitwhit3286

I want to learn how to shoot a gun. not at an animal mind you..at a target. i bet I would have a good aim too!! :yay: