Looking for place to board horse

morganhorse

Hello everyone,
I just bought a house in WICOMICO SHORES located in St.Mary's county. I'm just off Budds Creek Road (Rt. 234) and I am looking for a place to board my horse. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Anyone know of any places?

barncat

I'm not sure how close you are to Trinity Church Road but I boarded at Sam Hill Farm for a few years and loved the place. Excellent care and super nice facilities and people.

morganhorse

Trinity Church road is close to me. Do you have more information on that farm? Do they have a riding ring? Do they do self or full board? Are the pastures nice?

Thanks

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
The only place I know of is called Holly Point Equestrian Center. It is in Callaway and the number I have is the number of the woman who pretty much runs it. PM me and i will give it to you

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
morganhorse said:
Yeah I can't afford that much a month! I think Holly Point is a little fancy for me anyway :)

Ok that is just the only place i know of. Wish I could've been more help. :flowers:

barncat

morganhorse said:
Trinity Church road is close to me. Do you have more information on that farm? Do they have a riding ring? Do they do self or full board? Are the pastures nice?

Thanks

It's run by Aileen Hopkins. They have an indoor ring and an outdoor dressage/jump area but no lights or fencing around the outdoor area. Plus a large field and many trails. Pastures are very nice, she only keeps about 12 horses so they have small turnout groups in large pastures with run-in sheds and wood fencing. She only does day turnout, never understood but the horses were fine and had fans once they went back in their stalls. Stalls are nice sized with mats. As far as I understand she only does full care, I never inquired about any self-care and never saw anybody else do self-care. The care is excellent, Aileen is there all the time pretty much and really keeps an eye on the horses. You can reach Aileen at 301-934-8193.

morganhorse

Do you know about how much they charge for board. I just bought my first house so I can't afford to pay a whole lot.

morganhorse

I think that might be a little high for me right now but I will keep it in mind. I really don't need an indoor arena....it would be nice....but not a must on my list.

morganhorse

Yeah horses are expensive and land around here is so expensive now that its hard to get any to keep your horses on! I hope that Horselady has a stall open because she is only 5 mins. from my new house. It says on Lucy's web page that she charges $250 does anyone know if that is full care or self?

Appy as my boyfriend would say....your horse doesn't make your butt look big....your butt makes your butt look big!

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
appyday said:
Hey Morgan you are new and have an unbiased opionion..my friends wont tell me the truth..but does my horse make my butt look big?? TVM

:lmao: :lmao: :yahoo: :yahoo: You know Appy, you do have a sence of humor. You are a riot!!!!!!!!!!!!

mingiz

Horse Poor
Told ya Appy had a sense of humor :lmao: But her butt is big.. :razz: Remember Appy my lil pony loves ya.... :huggy: I'll never post my pic as an avatar...then you would have competition :moon:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
morganhorse said:
I hope that Horselady has a stall open because she is only 5 mins. from my new house. It says on Lucy's web page that she charges $250 does anyone know if that is full care or self?

Our "third" kid (lol) boards both his horses at Wheatly's.

we were talking about Wheatly's last night, from what he said, you'll want to call them about the board price (dont want to misquote the price on here) but it seemed really reasonable.

Tell her to make sure WHEREVER she boards, CHECK the pastures. the first place we boarded, the horses were in 8 inches of mud ALL YEAR ROUND. (sucked for the horses and sucked for you when you went out to get your horse)

Also they sold alot of horses from Auctions, it seemed everytime they'd come back from the auction our horses (mainly mine) would get sick (from something the "new" horses would bring). sucks when you want to go on a ride and cant because your horse is SICK and they dont want you to bring it to the Ride because then everyone would know what kind of facility they were running.

Last edited:
W

WildHorses

SAHRAB said:
Our "third" kid (lol) boards both his horses at Wheatly's.

we were talking about Wheatly's last night, from what he said, you'll want to call them about the board price (dont want to misquote the price on here) but it seemed really reasonable.

Tell her to make sure WHEREVER she boards, CHECK the pastures. the first place we boarded, the horses were in 8 inches of mud ALL YEAR ROUND. (sucked for the horses and sucked for you when you went out to get your horse)

Also they sold alot of horses from Auctions, it seemed everytime they'd come back from the auction our horses (mainly mine) would get sick (from something the "new" horses would bring). sucks when you want to go on a ride and cant because your horse is SICK and they dont want you to bring it to the Ride because then everyone would know what kind of facility they were running.

:smack: :nono:

W

WildHorses

appyday said:
I have mud...lots of it...I HATE mud...

Unfortunately, on any given day any farm in Maryland will have mud. Therefore, we must not criticize our fellow farm owners for their mud because someday someone may criticize us for our mud. It's a dirty business. :lmao: :flowers: