Looking for place to board horse

W

WildHorses

SAHRAB said:
hey we all have it. but 8 inches of mud in August when it hasnt rained in 2 months isnt good

Okay, now you're going to have to prove that with pictures and a written report or I'm going to have to :smack: you again. You're not there now, get over it. :flowers:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
WildHorses said:
Okay, now you're going to have to prove that with pictures and a written report or I'm going to have to :smack: you again. You're not there now, get over it. :flowers:

Nope thankfully we arent.
but see that was the point of this thread, Looking for place to board horse
Having had experience with boarding (at one time 4 horses) i made sure to let them know some things we ran into at a place that we boarded.

thats the whole idea of sharing information

Make sure you hear both sides of a story before you tell someone to get over it. specially when $700 is involved :yay:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
appyday said:
Man I would hate to have to pay board on 4 horses :poorbaby:

$5000 paid, end of march begin febuary ($5000/3 horses= 140 per horse, per month) for one years board (reciept recieved) term of the board was March 2004 to March 2005.

then (of course) we ended up getting a pony for the daughter = Additional $125.00 board that we paid the beginning of every month.

Facility breaks the contract mid january (2005) and gives me 12 hours notice to move my horses. leaving 1 1/2 months board still due.

$210.00 (remainder of Januarys' board for the 3 original horses)
$65.00 (remainder of January's board for the "new" Pony)
420.00 (remainder of February's board for the 3 original horses)

hah Dont ask MyLittlePony she is much more "heated" about it than i am.

fredsaid2

SAHRAB said:
$5000 paid, end of march begin febuary ($5000/3 horses= 140 per horse, per month) for one years board (reciept recieved) term of the board was March 2004 to March 2005.

Was it a facility requirement to pay ahead? I've always paid month to month. At the beginning of the month though so guess I am paying 30 days ahead. Still that's a lot of moola to be out for you.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
I board and here you pay at the 1st of the month (or there abouts, depending on ones cash flow) and we have some pertty mud with poop in it too. :razz:

DQ2B

SAHRAB said:

then (of course) we ended up getting a pony for the daughter = Additional $125.00 board that we paid the beginning of every month.

Facility breaks the contract mid january (2005) and gives me 12 hours notice to move my horses. leaving 1 1/2 months board still due.

$210.00 (remainder of Januarys' board for the 3 original horses)
$65.00 (remainder of January's board for the "new" Pony)
420.00 (remainder of February's board for the 3 original horses)

hah Dont ask MyLittlePony she is much more "heated" about it than i am.

None of my business, but what about small claims court?

DQ2B

persimmoncf said:
DQ2B did you have to go there?,,,,,,,,SAHRAB :shutup:

If you must inform her of your issues...PM her!!

Sorry...there's obviously a lot more about this issue than I know about. Guess the post got me wondering. Didn't mean to :elaine:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
persimmoncf said:
I board and here you pay at the 1st of the month (or there abouts, depending on ones cash flow) and we have some pertty mud with poop in it too. :razz:
An Percy's house is REAL pwetty too, not that i have a preference for log houses or anything.... :huggy:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
happyappygirl said:
An Percy's house is REAL pwetty too, not that i have a preference for log houses or anything.... :huggy:

I aint got no log home...did you bump your noggin, thats you silly...you got the pwetty log home. Do ya have poop poop in ya mudd too?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
persimmoncf said:
I aint got no log home...did you bump your noggin, thats you silly...you got the pwetty log home. Do ya have poop poop in ya mudd too?

you gots BIG logs IN ya home :lol:

can you say poop-poop on here? :confused:

W

WildHorses

SAHRAB said:
Make sure you hear both sides of a story before you tell someone to get over it. specially when $700 is involved :yay:

:howdy: Sorry, just couldn't stay away even though I promised to step away quietly. To be absolutely honest with you, it would take a whole lot more than a mere $700 for me to get in an uproar and be so unforgiving. :flowers: I've left barns before (never with 24 hours notice -- but then, I'm a really sweet person (please don't hate me because I'm sweet) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: and most people begged me to stay -- what did you do?! :faint: ). But, then again, I live by a simple philosophy, never burn your bridges. :smoochy:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
WildHorses said:
:howdy: Sorry, just couldn't stay away even though I promised to step away quietly. To be absolutely honest with you, it would take a whole lot more than a mere $700 for me to get in an uproar and be so unforgiving. :flowers: I've left barns before (never with 24 hours notice -- but then, I'm a really sweet person (please don't hate me because I'm sweet) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: and most people begged me to stay -- what did you do?! :faint: ). But, then again, I live by a simple philosophy, never burn your bridges. :smoochy:

Just when i thought i was out, they drag me back in
(godfather reference)

I'm not in an uproar, MyLittlePony is much angrier about it than me, partly due to the money, but mainly due to the whole reason that particular Facility broke the contract.
Lets just say our reasons for getting upset, shouldnt be any different than yours, if you had known.

Last edited:
W

WildHorses

SAHRAB said:
(godfather reference)

Lets just say our reasons for getting upset, shouldnt be any different than yours, if you had known.

:confused: But I'm not upset and I don't know.

PrepH4U

SAHRAB said:
(godfather reference)

I'm not in an uproar, MyLittlePony is much angrier about it than me, partly due to the money, but mainly due to the whole reason that particular Facility broke the contract.
I don't have a clue to what facility is being referenced here, but here is some food for thought. Some of us are just pasture poodle keepers and don't attend all the functions and shows. So we are out of the loop when it comes to horse facility care/gossip. In the consumer & chit chat threads business establishments are give kudos or thumbs down for good and bad business practices. My question is, why is this not discussed in the horse forum? :shrug: I myself would like to know what facility is known as a strangle producer or what horse seller is happy to dump a drugged lame horse on unsuspecting customers. I myself would find this info very helpful.