Looks like the place we say "Hello"--I'm new

Tidewater

jazz lady said:
You caught us on a good day. :shrug:

'so 'kay....I understand the good days and bad days. Worst case scenerio is that you decide to join into a new forum right when somebody else got booted and you are suddenly considered the 'altie' personality. I've watched that happen to others--it's a scary thing. So, I hope my timing is good to miss that sorting out.

:whistle:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Tidewater said:
'so 'kay....I understand the good days and bad days. Worst case scenerio is that you decide to join into a new forum right when somebody else got booted and you are suddenly considered the 'altie' personality. I've watched that happen to others--it's a scary thing. So, I hope my timing is good to miss that sorting out.

:whistle:

"Alties" are called MPD's here - multiple personality disorder. Worse case is when everyone has the "pile on the newbie" mentality and anything goes. :jameo: I think your timing is very good as you seemed to have missed all the drama. :smile:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
"Alties" are called MPD's here - multiple personality disorder. Worse case is when everyone has the "pile on the newbie" mentality and anything goes. :jameo: I think your timing is very good as you seemed to have missed all the drama. :smile:
Oh, Jaaaaaazz, I'm watching you! :eyebrow:

Tidewater

:doh:
jazz lady said:

I thank you JazzLady for the info. I've been a longtime poster on another board but feel after about five years it's time to shift, it's not the same as it was, actually wasn't a few years back. Tried the CourTV board and when I began posting there--walked right into the 'altie/troll' whatever...(MPD) issue. Two posters just swore I was somebody else and I was stunned. So I was almost prepared for it here, but no one ever is.

I've also seen it happen to countless others, and been on the watchful end when newbies came in, so I see both sides of that.

I guess what I'm looking for is what my normal posting board 'used to be' and am hoping to find that here. Sort out who is who and what is what. When you are new, there is a fast learning curve to be on. LOL

So, I know most of you don't know me and I don't know you, but I'm hoping to get to know you folks and you know me. So beyond the 'meet & greet' forum, where do most folks post the daily stuff...just the "do you know what happened today..." kind of thing. So far I haven't been able to narrow it down in to forums and I take direction well if you would kindly direct me.

BuddyLee

Football addict
jazz lady said:
:yikes: Now a Michael Jackson song is running through my head. "I always feel like, somebody's watching meeeeeeeeeee..." :jameo:
I can't possibly pass up this opportunity...

I wear my sunglasses at night...:getdown:

meangirl

Nice lady!
Tidewater said:

I thank you JazzLady for the info. I've been a longtime poster on another board but feel after about five years it's time to shift, it's not the same as it was, actually wasn't a few years back. Tried the CourTV board and when I began posting there--walked right into the 'altie/troll' whatever...(MPD) issue. Two posters just swore I was somebody else and I was stunned. So I was almost prepared for it here, but no one ever is.

I've also seen it happen to countless others, and been on the watchful end when newbies came in, so I see both sides of that.

I guess what I'm looking for is what my normal posting board 'used to be' and am hoping to find that here. Sort out who is who and what is what. When you are new, there is a fast learning curve to be on. LOL

So, I know most of you don't know me and I don't know you, but I'm hoping to get to know you folks and you know me. So beyond the 'meet & greet' forum, where do most folks post the daily stuff...just the "do you know what happened today..." kind of thing. So far I haven't been able to narrow it down in to forums and I take direction well if you would kindly direct me.

If you survived the CourtTV board...this one will be a piece of cake. :yay:

(I love the courtTV forums and websleuths)

Tidewater

meangirl said:
If you survived the CourtTV board...this one will be a piece of cake. :yay:

(I love the courtTV forums and websleuths)

I will tell you that Coldwater, the moderator over on CourTV is wonderful.

So, for tonight, I'll thank you all again and hope to catch you all tomorrow.

Everybody have a great night.

:snooze:

meangirl

Nice lady!
Tidewater said:
I will tell you that Coldwater, the moderator over on CourTV is wonderful.
So, for tonight, I'll thank you all again and hope to catch you all tomorrow.

Everybody have a great night.

:snooze:

:twitch: I guess we all have our opinions. heh.

Goodnight! :howdy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Tidewater said:

"Chit Chat" usually has the most action. There's also a lot of lively discussion in the "Politics" forum if you're interested in that subject. I usually hit the "New Posts" link to see what has been posted since the last time I logged on.

You'll find a wide variety of posters on this board. You also have groups of like-minded people you'll see referred to as hens, dogs, cows, soupers and a plethora of others. Just remember this site is run by a benevolent dictator who goes by the name "vraiblonde" and is often called "Board Mommy." You'll quickly get to see the personalities of the members and see the relationships between them all. There are also personal forums you must ask to join to be able to see, but asking doesn't mean you'll get into them. Read the FAQ's to see the board rules and some good information on how the site works.

Relax and enjoy the madness. These forums are QUITE addicting. :cheers: