Loveville Leather -Elams son fell from deer stand

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Some of you may know, but I havent seen a thread on this in the public horse forum...Rubin fell from his deer stand less than a week ago. He broke his neck, pelis in 2 places and ruptured his splean (sp). He was flown to PG. he is now home and in a body brace.

As we know they the family does not have any conventional health insurance and is personally liable for the shock trama, life flight and regular hospital bills.

The gals at Persimmon Creek Farm have made mention of donations put together in a card for Elams family. I know that others in the Manu Bin are working on just that also. That sounds good to me. I have a special fondness for Elam and his boys in the shop.

Finofan

Here there and everywhere
:whistle:I knew that was coming ...I will get with MGH and discuss it.

:huggy: We would like to do a sponsored ride....Who wants to sponsor me for the ride ...$10 toward the fund? :whistle: OK peeps in the open forums back me please... :smack: Smooth not that way either..

Some of you may know, but I havent seen a thread on this in the public horse forum...Rubin fell from his deer stand less than a week ago. He broke his neck, pelis in 2 places and ruptured his splean (sp). He was flown to PG. he is now home and in a body brace.

As we know they the family does not have any conventional health insurance and is personally liable for the shock trama, life flight and regular hospital bills.

The gals at Persimmon Creek Farm have made mention of donations put together in a card for Elams family. I know that others in the Manu Bin are working on just that also. That sounds good to me. I have a special fondness for Elam and his boys in the shop.

I am so sad to hear this news, I have known Elam and his wife Helen for many, many years. Count me in on whatever you guys decide. They are truly good people. My prayers go out to them.

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
:huggy: We would like to do a sponsored ride....Who wants to sponsor me for the ride ...$10 toward the fund? :whistle: OK peeps in the open forums back me please... :smack: Smooth not that way either..

Our farm will sponsor you and donate to the fund. PM me with details. We're so sorry to hear about this.

Thankful

Donations

I will sponsor a rider but I also was wondering if there are other fund raisers that could help. I do not know the family and would not want to insult or disrespect their religion. Please let me know. Thanks

natbugs

Count me in !!! They are good people that are going to get hit with huge hospital bill.....just let me know when and where...and I will stroke a check !!

eventrder

Count me in !!! They are good people that are going to get hit with huge hospital bill.....just let me know when and where...and I will stroke a check !!

Count me in on what ever you guys decide, My son had a accident this time last year getting kicked in the head by one of my boarders horses and they flew him out he spent a little over 2 months at Childrens and the bill was $98,000 not including the home nurses that we had for another 2 months all together the total topped $130,000. That family is wonderful and its great to see the horse community come together to help them! Elam has always been a great asset to our sport lets do what we can!

Thank you guys!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I will sponsor a rider but I also was wondering if there are other fund raisers that could help. I do not know the family and would not want to insult or disrespect their religion. Please let me know. Thanks

I spoke to Elam already and told him that the horse community really wanted to do something to help them. He said that he would never ask for anything and that no one owed him anything. I told him that we knew that, but he has done so much for our horse community that we want to show him how much we care and the only thing we could think of was monetary and prayers. I told him that we might all do a trail ride, and that the funds would help with the expenses. He said "I certainly wouldn't misuse the money and I wouldn't PROHIBIT it." I take that as a "yes" we can do it, but he would never ask us to this.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Percy and I are discussing what SMTR can do for Rubin. We have an upcoming ride and will try to figure out someway to incorporate raising donations for the family.