Lowes 'Military' discount

MiddleGround

I was in Lowes the other day, and saw a younger fella trying to hide and take a stand up snooze in the tool section. When he saw me he woke up a little and moved on. After a few minutes he managed to get a sentence out, asking if I needed any help. No, I'm good thank you. I had no faith in his knowledge even if I needed help. Most of those have no business giving tool and home improvement advice.

https://jobs.lowes.com/search-jobs/...4368320-4350049/38x3006/-76x5312/5/2?pc=20619

Goldenhawk

...I had no faith in his knowledge even if I needed help. Most of those have no business giving tool and home improvement advice.
I just don't go into stores expecting competent advice on what I plan to buy. WHERE it is located in the store, yes. WHAT to buy? Almost never. Now that YouTube and a little Google searching can answer 90% of my questions, I find that most retail clerks really don't know all that much about their products. I'm assuming that spr1975wshs is one of the outliers - been doing it a long time and has a lot of experience - but most are barely past high school and simply don't know what they don't know.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I predict that in 10-20 years customer service will become so bad that local and regional-owned stores will once again dominate the market and they will value both their employees and customers. Perhaps, they'll be employee owned.
I've long thought the national chains would break down and we will return to strong regionals, Like Menards.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I was in Lowes the other day, and saw a younger fella trying to hide and take a stand up snooze in the tool section. When he saw me he woke up a little and moved on. After a few minutes he managed to get a sentence out, asking if I needed any help. No, I'm good thank you. I had no faith in his knowledge even if I needed help. Most of those have no business giving tool and home improvement advice.
I will not say I am surprised.