Lunch for Two (?)

Hessian

A long standing mental debate on a Sunday...is where to eat after Church...If we do a served meal,...we are probably looking at 38-44.00 with tip.
If we do a "fast service"...prices range from 24-33.00 No tip.
So Aside from BK or Popeyes or DQ...
What LUNCH for 2 has the most value for your $$?
Sit Down: My vote is probably Texas Roadhouse because we always walk away with a 2nd meal for later. Under 36.
In House Fast: Slim Chicken has risen in my estimate...service was fast, food, delicious, and drinks were diverse...under 25.
Runner up: Golden Chicken...fast & hot & delicious but about 27.00 (Lusby...) typically enough for a 2nd meal.
Take out: Family dinner at Panda Express...for 41.50 you have enough for 3 separate meals in the week following.
SO...in St Mary's Calvert & Charles...what are your favorites?

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is Days Off Deli still there? That would be my pick, or else whatever Showtime Deli became - it's a 50s style diner type of thing.

Hessian

NOT PANERA in PF. Holy pants!!!....... Me and this misses were there the other day. We split a 2fer and small sodas, $27.00.... half sammich, half soop and 11 potato chips in the smashed bag.

It also looks like the entire staff has been replaced.
Agreed. We used to enjoy a decent meal at Panera...but it had dropped off my list when we walked out with a 32.00 bill and no takehome. Good flavor, diverse teas...but too pricy for modest portions.

DaSDGuy

Two Large Tomatoes, 1 lb. bacon, one loaf of bread. Two BLT's each for two days, $10 tops and I tip myself. I know they are fresh because I made them myself. Bacon cooks in the oven while we change from the Sunday best into kick around the house clothes.

luvmygdaughters

Honestly, going out for a meal has just gotten to damn expensive, the food is just so-so and if I apply myself, I can probably make it better at home. My daughter went to Harvest House (?) in PF for dinner, with some friends. $90.00 not including the tip. She had one glass of wine, an appetizer and her entree. She said the food was alright, but not worth $90.00!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
There are two bakeries in Leonardtown. I haven't tried them yet, but the reviews are good.
:yeahthat: and the lady that makes fresh homemade sourdough and foccachia (?) breads. She sells via Facebook, Rust and Grain in Mechanicsville and I Kneaded in Leonardtown.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Honestly, going out for a meal has just gotten to damn expensive, the food is just so-so and if I apply myself, I can probably make it better at home. My daughter went to Harvest House (?) in PF for dinner, with some friends. $90.00 not including the tip. She had one glass of wine, an appetizer and her entree. She said the food was alright, but not worth $90.00!

Monello and I went to Tally Ho drive-in after Gretel's vet appt today and got burgers, onion rings, a large soda for me and a vanilla shake for Monello. $25 and it was dee-licious. I'd rather do that than drop $100 at a seafood or steak place.

Makavide

Not too talkative
Flashback (the old Mixing Bowl) has become a good place after church on Sunday - we are there by 10am. This past week we both had an omelet each with good bread plus shared some breakfast taters. cost was $25 before tip. We don't go there every Sunday, but the waiter knows our drink order, and brings it shortly after seating. The wait for a table is just long enough for the wait staff to notice us at the door. Though I am sure it will start to pick up more as more people find the place. Strong family run location.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Am I the only one who finds it odd (by which I mean outrageous) that a cup of coffee or a glass of tea are $3.09 (Cracker Barrel in the latest case).
I usually just order water. What I drink at home and the office. Sometimes a non-sweet tea.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Heritage 485 on Main street?

It's definitely pricey - moreso than before the pandemic.