Mail Fraud - Stolen Checks!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Calvert County is flagging it too. Sounds like a coordinated ring.
I'm wondering why the Sheriff's Office is getting involved to begin with. This is what the USPS Inspector General's office is for, to investigate such matters. If States cannot apparently be allowed to secure their own borders with Mexico, why use/waste local resources to investigate a problem within the Federal USPS?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
It looks like the Evans Rangers are working in conjunction with the Postal Inspectors. Which makes sense since the Inspectors would come from somewhere else and not know much about the area.

TPD

the poor dad
I just spent almost an hour on the phone with Intuit/QuickBooks and still can't pay my employees via direct deposit with my new checking account!!!!!! Took me all of 5 minutes to change my account number for the IRS to pay my payroll taxes. Less than 5 minutes to change the account number with the state of Maryland to pay my sales tax. But QuickBooks??? More than 3 weeks!!! And it still isn't complete!!! They are the mafia of financial accounting for small businesses!!!!!!! I despise them almost as much as my good doctor. Almost.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I just spent almost an hour on the phone with Intuit/QuickBooks and still can't pay my employees via direct deposit with my new checking account!!!!!! Took me all of 5 minutes to change my account number for the IRS to pay my payroll taxes. Less than 5 minutes to change the account number with the state of Maryland to pay my sales tax. But QuickBooks??? More than 3 weeks!!! And it still isn't complete!!! They are the mafia of financial accounting for small businesses!!!!!!! I despise them almost as much as my good doctor. Almost.
I haven't used them since 2009.

Do they have any viable competitors?

BOP

Last month, I had 5 checks stolen out of the mail system, more than likely at the Capitol Heights mail processing facility. One of those checks was altered and attempted to cash for more than $14,000! Luckily my bank caught it and called me before clearing it. The other 4 checks never showed up to the vendors I was paying, nor were they tried to cash by anyone else. Unfortunately it has been a lot of headaches for me, closing my checking account, opening a new one, and issuing new checks and begging the vendors not to add late charges. One of the stolen checks was to SOMD Online for my ads - luckily Vrai didn’t charge me interest or put me on the naughty list. I’m still fighting with QuikBooks to set up my new account for my employees direct deposit of paychecks.

The manager at my bank told me he had 5 other businesses In this situation the same week as me. I was telling a fellow business owner about my situation and 3 days later he had the same thing happen - someone attempted to cash one of his checks for more than $9,000. My daughter did a notary last week for another of our local businesses with the same issue - $7,000 check stolen out of the mail and tried to cash.

I‘ve called USPS and filed a report but doubt anything will happen. I will try to call SMC Sherriffs office this week to See if there is anything they can do. I think this is all part of the bigger plan to foster more distrust in the postal service and force us into all digital banking so the government can more easily track ALL of our financial transactions.

Just because you're paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get you. Well, us, but you get the point.

PeoplesElbow

I can't believe the post office isn't all over this. They seem so concerned whenever I go to complain about getting someone else's mail (from 5 miles away) all the time.

GregV814

Have you noticed how many strange coincidences have happened since 2020?

The USPS and Joe have signaled, covertly, that the agency is in default. Joe dumped money into the USPS, but the USPS is losing it faster and faster. They shut down operations in some locations and cut back on delivery 6 days a week. At the same time we're supposed to use the internet for bill paying, use Amazon, credit cards, etc.... Heck, utility services will gladly put one on an automatic payment plan.

But, maybe people still needed to be prodded....so, ta dahhhhh stolen checks. Yup we have it here, but you couldnt care less if checks were stolen in Bovine Colorado right??? That's the point!!! Maybe it's all over but we just dont hear about it.

The average guy or gal might have muttered, "screw it, I'm not about to mail payments anymore". "I'll just go online".

Just a thought.

Reactions: BOP