Mail Fraud - Stolen Checks!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The banks are accepting these modified checks because they present as legit and offer no reason for rejection.
Our actual checks have all sorts of "security features" though. The modified ones do not. So they must be depositing them electronically somehow where all those security details are not evident.

We also just noticed that everything on the back of the fraudulent checks is completely different than the originals.

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Our actual checks have all sorts of "security features" though. The modified ones do not. So they must be depositing them electronically somehow where all those security details are not evident.

We also just noticed that everything on the back of the fraudulent checks is completely different than the originals.
Were the cashed amounts different from the original amounts?

I'm sure Steny will get right on it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Were the cashed amounts different from the original amounts?

I'm sure Steny will get right on it.
Nope. Exactly same...the payee name and payee name and address blocks were changed. The reverse sides were entirely different than our originals.

The only good news is that the money they stole wasn't from the account that pays my salary...only yours. :razz:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
In the last week or so I've learned that the number of southern MD businesses hit by this check stealing operation is huge. Why "they" cannot find and prosecute those responsible for such a massive and persistent level of theft is, frankly, baffling

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
In the last week or so I've learned that the number of southern MD businesses hit by this check stealing operation is huge. Why "they" cannot find and prosecute those responsible for such a massive and persistent level of theft is, frankly, baffling
My thought is that they know exactly where and how and by whom the checks are being taken. But they don't want the peons, they want the ringleaders and have to allow the thefts to continue until they can find and prosecute the leaders.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My thought is that they know exactly where and how and by whom the checks are being taken. But they don't want the peons, they want the ringleaders and have to allow the thefts to continue until they can find and prosecute the leaders.
I'm sure they'll have all the success they've had with shutting down the Text scammers, phone scammers, mail scammers, home improvement scammers, Social Security Scam Scammers..... Et-cetera, Et-cetera, Et-cetera,

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I am still amazed that "they" stole every single check we mailed over about a 5-6 week period. Every. Single. One. That's a pretty darned efficient sort-n-steal operation they've got going there; heck "they" are more efficient at stealing checks than the system normally is for delivering mail. They lose mail all the time.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm sure they'll have all the success they've had with shutting down the Text scammers, phone scammers, mail scammers, home improvement scammers, Social Security Scam Scammers..... Et-cetera, Et-cetera, Et-cetera,
I would agree.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
But in the meanwhile, I just don't know when SGI will ever get another paycheck...:sshrug: