Man dead after port-a-potty fire

Blister

I went to work at the 3rd Street Tunnel in Washington one cold Saturday @ about 0500. After a long drive my co-worker needed to use a Porta-pottie on site. It seemed odd to see light coming out of it. When he opened the door there were 2 lit candles and a stick-up deodorizer inside. Evidently it was someone's winter residence. The 2 candles had actually warmed the small space. Maybe the guy knocked over the candles during the night.

PeoplesElbow

I went to work at the 3rd Street Tunnel in Washington one cold Saturday @ about 0500. After a long drive my co-worker needed to use a Porta-pottie on site. It seemed odd to see light coming out of it. When he opened the door there were 2 lit candles and a stick-up deodorizer inside. Evidently it was someone's winter residence. The 2 candles had actually warmed the small space. Maybe the guy knocked over the candles during the night.

I opened the door of one at China Lake NAS and there was a rattle snake inside. I peed behind my car that day.

What a crappy day for him.

With all that methane in there, the last thing I'd do is light a candle or cig. Bet that's what he did.... lit a cig and tossed the lit match down the hole.

officeguy

With the chemical in the bottom of a porta-potty, there shouldn't be any methane production in the pit.

Baltimore, next to a light-rail station. My money is on him cooking his heroin, making crack or a shake&bake methlab operation.

TCROW

With the chemical in the bottom of a porta-potty, there shouldn't be any methane production in the pit.

Baltimore, next to a light-rail station. My money is on him cooking his heroin, making crack or a shake&bake methlab operation.

MythBusters tackled the lack of methane in port-a-potties. Not likely. Shake & bake meth is the more likely scenario.

TCROW

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.