Man Hit By A Car, Ah No Big Deal

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
The news said he was in critical condition and paralyzed from the neck down. How sad. But.........he shouldnt of been in the middle of the street.

mainman

Set Trippin
Obviously I think someone should have helped him, but what I am curious about is at the end of the video, the newsguy says the police are asking people that stood by and did nothing to come forward and do the right thing.... Did they break a law by standing there slackjawed gawking? :confused:

MrX

High Octane
Thats pretty crazy, all those people driving past him, walking past him, standing there looking at him....and not one thought that he might need help and should call 911.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Obviously I think someone should have helped him, but what I am curious about is at the end of the video, the newsguy says the police are asking people that stood by and did nothing to come forward and do the right thing.... Did they break a law by standing there slackjawed gawking? :confused:

I dont think there is a law that says you HAVE TO help someone. But I dont think I would of just stood there. Back in the 70's in San Fran, I was standing on a corner waiting for the light to change and the guy next to me just collapsed and fell to the ground. I was only 18, didnt know what to do but some black guy came up looking concerned, reached down, rolled the guy over and stole his wallet. I stood there n shock. At least no one robbed this guy.

AndyMarquisLIVE

They were there, they were witnesses. :shrug:

Shall we go back to Accokeek? :eyebrow:

bcp

In My Opinion
yep, stop and help and the next thing you know you are in court being sued for millions because of your efforts.

thank the lawyers and the jews for this.

(I have no idea what the jews have to do with this but I heard it on tv once so it must be true)

basher

LEET
yep, stop and help and the next thing you know you are in court being sued for millions because of your efforts.

thank the lawyers and the jews for this.

(I have no idea what the jews have to do with this but I heard it on tv once so it must be true)

wth would you be sued for trying to help out?
I guess if you further injured him/her while trying to do CPR or moving his body (in this case) and breaking his neck. In order to help him, I'd have to pick him up and move him somewhere safe so I wouldn't get hit too. But what if he weighed 300+ lbs, worst to drag him. I would've at least called 911 with my cell phone or if I was in a car, park my car in the middle of the street to protect him. I'm surprised he didn't get run over again. Stupid stupid people!

itsbob

I bowl overhand

depending on the state yes.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
wth would you be sued for trying to help out?
I guess if you further injured him/her while trying to do CPR or moving his body (in this case) and breaking his neck. In order to help him, I'd have to pick him up and move him somewhere safe so I wouldn't get hit too. But what if he weighed 300+ lbs, worst to drag him. I would've at least called 911 with my cell phone or if I was in a car, park my car in the middle of the street to protect him. I'm surprised he didn't get run over again. Stupid stupid people!

Is the good samaritan law still in effect to protect people helping others?

ImnoMensa

I dont think anything like this would ever happen in St. Mary's ,but who knows?

Most county people are more than willing to help at the scene of emergencies.