Man Hit By A Car, Ah No Big Deal

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I dont think anything like this would ever happen in St. Mary's ,but who knows?

Most county people are more than willing to help at the scene of emergencies.

My experience.. the higher the median income, the more likely they are going to sit and watch.

Limited research, but got stuck in a snowbank in a well to do neighborhood, temperature hovering around ZERO.. Over an half hour/ 45 minutes before the first person stopped and he was pissed that NONE of his neighbors that passed didn't stop or even asked if they could call someone.

Driving my Pick UP through a less well to do (much) neighborhood, and go through a VERY deep puddle, truck stalls.. Help was at my side in less than 2 minutes in the rain..

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
If he possibly had a spinal injury they should not have moved him, but otherwise why didn't anyone at least bend down and check if he was breathing ok (if he was unconscious) and check his pulse? Someone could have directed traffic away until the paramedics arrived.

Did they say if the cops had the tag of the hit and runner?

usagent

yep, stop and help and the next thing you know you are in court being sued for millions because of your efforts.

thank the lawyers and the jews for this.

(I have no idea what the jews have to do with this but I heard it on tv once so it must be true)

:checkhim4cash:

bcp

In My Opinion
My experience.. the higher the median income, the more likely they are going to sit and watch.
let me see if I can help explain the collected data groups in your well planned study.

Limited research, but got stuck in a snowbank in a well to do neighborhood, temperature hovering around ZERO.. Over an half hour/ 45 minutes before the first person stopped and he was pissed that NONE of his neighbors that passed didn't stop or even asked if they could call someone.
snow. its cold. People dont want to freeze, sorry about your bald ass tire no driving frozen butt.

Driving my Pick UP through a less well to do (much) neighborhood, and go through a VERY deep puddle, truck stalls.. Help was at my side in less than 2 minutes in the rain
Puddle, deep water, Pickup truck poor people.
ok, poor people are attracted to pickup trucks for some reason, Im one of them, and I dont even know why, its like a window licker and a shiney penny, just has to run over to it.
then you have the water issue, poor, needs bathing, you found water, the sooner they get your truck started and out of the puddle, the sooner they can be bathing up the younguns.
now, lets look at gratitude, they are certainly hoping you will offer money, or beer, or a bag of pork rinds for their help.

ewashkow

What is fishy to me is that it looks like the car that swerved to aviod him and the car that hit him were together. They both were in the opposite lane of where they were supposed to be (one closely following the other) and as soon as the guy was on the ground, both cars turned onto a side street/alley type road. Wouldn't surprise me if the police catch this person, they have a record or something else on them to make one.

bcp

In My Opinion
What is fishy to me is that it looks like the car that swerved to aviod him and the car that hit him were together. They both were in the opposite lane of where they were supposed to be (one closely following the other) and as soon as the guy was on the ground, both cars turned onto a side street/alley type road. Wouldn't surprise me if the police catch this person, they have a record or something else on them to make one.
I agree. I bet they find it was not an accident.

bcp

In My Opinion
by the way, do you all remember the story on the rescue workers being shot at while trying to help a victim?
Im not sure I would take the chance of helping someone in DC, you just never know if someone is going to cap you for trying to keep their vicim alive.

poster

I was thinking the same - he shouldn't have been walking there but then the cars shouldn't have been there either. I'm curious as to why the police are asking for someone to come forward, they clearly have the incident on camera. Do they actually need a person at this point?

I don't believe that 911 wasn't called, there's been conflicting reports on this. I do think it wrong for the bystanders to just gawk and not try and comfort the man. I agree he shouldn't be touched for a couple of reasons but I personally would have made an effort to talk to him.

It must have been horrible to just laying there scared.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The news said he was in critical condition and paralyzed from the neck down. How sad. But.........he shouldnt of been in the middle of the street.

WHAT!??

The people that hit him.. the first car that ALMOST hit him, and the second car that DID hit him.. both crossed a double yellow line to get to him.. Find it hard to place ANY blame on the pedestrian in this one.

MMDad

Lem Putt
WHAT!??

The people that hit him.. the first car that ALMOST hit him, and the second car that DID hit him.. both crossed a double yellow line to get to him.. Find it hard to place ANY blame on the pedestrian in this one.

So, the fact he wasn't in a crosswalk or at an intersection means nothing to you?

He didn't deserve what he got, but he does share a tiny bit of the blame.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Look at the demographics of the people in the neighborhood they are interviewing. Most probably don't have the mental capacity to know what to do in an emergency except blame the responders. Aaaaah I didn't call police because I didn't have my cell phone on me, WTF you idiot, how about run to the closest liquor store and ask them to call 911!!! :coffee:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So, the fact he wasn't in a crosswalk or at an intersection means nothing to you?

He didn't deserve what he got, but he does share a tiny bit of the blame.

No, he doesn't.

he's an innocent victim, period.. People racing, crossed the center of the road to hit him.. He wasn't just standing there like an idiot, he was crossing the road, looked both ways, and was looking at the cars when they crossed the yellow line and hit him.

That and them running removes ALL blame from him.

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
You watched the final episode of Seinfeld, didn't you.
You know it took 4 freakin hours to get a pizza delivered that night! The episode wasn't even that good.
Good Samaritan Laws work both ways.

BOP

WHAT!??

Thank gawd somebody else saw that as well! I was beginning to think I was losing my grip. I've looked at the video at least 4 times. Both cars clearly cross the double yellow centerline...one missed him, the other didn't. Whether they were racing and trying to avoid some obstacle (like a parked car or bus) in the right hand lane, or were trying to play "chicken" with the ped-x-trian, they absolutely swerved into the lane he was standing in.