Man made global warming...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...strikes again.

We're making it so hot that it's getting colder;

Forget global warming: Welcome to the new Ice Age

Snow cover over North America and much of Siberia, Mongolia and China is greater than at any time since 1966.

and...

The U.S. National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) reported that many American cities and towns suffered record cold temperatures in January and early February. According to the NCDC, the average temperature in January "was -0.3 F cooler than the 1901-2000 (20th century) average."

We're all gonna die! :jameo:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
:snort: Try finding RAW gobal temp data. Thier have been what three?? "corrections" to the "data" in the last 5 years alone!!

What's that saying? "Lies, damn lies, and statistics???"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We're making it so hot that it's getting colder;

Yet you can't turn on the radio or TV without the Ad Council touting global warming as a fact and imploring the audience to "do something". :rolleyes:

Every time I hear someone talk about how we're killing the planet, I think of them as a doof who is such a lemming they believe every crackpot idea that gets fed to them.

Hessian

Larry...

Can't you simply recognize it is...

an Inconvenient Truth?:killingme

(at least to algore!)

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Discovery had a great show about global warming and the history of weather on the planet for the last 100, 00 years. They need to show that to every school age child in America. At least they can go home and tell their parents that what is happening now has happened before , will happen again, except we're better able to survive now.

Nature is going to do what Nature wants to do. We have had mini-ice ages (Europe, 1600s) and mini-hot ages throughout history. Are we doing things that we could do better, like cut emissions ? Yes. Are our emissions causing the "global warming" ? I rather have my doubts right now.

Warron

While I don't think man made global warming is adequately proven in terms of normal, long term climate fluctuations, these stories don't prove squat either. The theory of global warming covers long term temperature changes over the entire earth. No story about the temperature at a specific time and at a specific location on the planet has any bearing on the theory. All these people are doing is responding to the global warming zealots bs with more bs of their own.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Warron...

While I don't think man made global warming is adequately proven in terms of normal, long term climate fluctuations, these stories don't prove squat either. The theory of global warming covers long term temperature changes over the entire earth. No story about the temperature at a specific time and at a specific location on the planet has any bearing on the theory. All these people are doing is responding to the global warming zealots bs with more bs of their own.

...I don't call facts, that it has been colder than normal, bs. I don't call facts, that it is warmer than 'normal' on Mars, bs.

I do call wild theories based very selective data, based on models and based on emotional needs and desires to be used as foundations for socio/economic policy bs.

LordStanley

I know nothing
...I don't call facts, that it has been colder than normal, bs. I don't call facts, that it is warmer than 'normal' on Mars, bs.

I do call wild theories based very selective data, based on models and based on emotional needs and desires to be used as foundations for socio/economic policy bs.

:buddies:

ImnoMensa

I watched a show of the history channel a few days back. They were showing what would happen if all humans dissappeared from earth. How thw animals would take over.

I was trying to figure out what could kill all the Humans and leave the animals alive.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

I watched a show of the history channel a few days back. They were showing what would happen if all humans dissappeared from earth. How thw animals would take over.

I was trying to figure out what could kill all the Humans and leave the animals alive.

...Oprah, for one...cockroaches have proven impervious to the Spice Girls...what else...

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto

I watched the trailer for that show and noted the glee in the creators voice describing a world with no humans. At that point I refused to watch it.

Toxick

Splat
Climate Change. Pfft. Has anyone considered the possibility that the climate around the world is changing due to ever shifting geological conditions?... i.e. techtonic activity.

I'm not a geologist, nor a meteorologist, but I seem to remember that weather is often adjusted, modfied, shifted, directed, altered or stopped by geographical features. I also seem to remember that the entire surface of the earth is an ever-shifting mass of mud.

Does it not stand to reason that the incrimental climate shifts here and there are due to incremental shifts in techtonic plates.

Has someone alerted Al Gore?

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I watched the trailer for that show and noted the glee in the creators voice describing a world with no humans. At that point I refused to watch it.

I always thought that was something the wingnuts made up to make liberals look like nutties, but the other day I actually heard someone say this planet would be a lot better off if all the humans became extinct. Then he enumerated the reasons why he felt that way, which all boiled down to a better life for the future generation.

:roflmao: