Mandatory cervical cancer vaccine

Should there be a Mandatory cervical cancer vaccine for girls?

• Yes

Votes: 35 47.3%
  • No

Votes: 39 52.7%

• Total voters
S

StrwberryKisses

I think it will help keep girls save. I know I will make sure that my girl gets it when she is old enough.

Angel

~*~*~
Okay, I don't have kids, but... I thought children had to have certain vaccines before they could even go to school? Parents don't seem to complain about those vaccines. Granted, I don't know what those vaccines are, but I don't see parents picketing on Capitol Hill about those vaccines. If this Cervical Cancer Vaccine will help the next young female from attracting it or passing it around, then I see no reason why it shouldn't be mandatory.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Angel said:
Okay, I don't have kids, but... I thought children had to have certain vaccines before they could even go to school? Parents don't seem to complain about those vaccines. Granted, I don't know what those vaccines are, but I don't see parents picketing on Capitol Hill about those vaccines. If this Cervical Cancer Vaccine will help the next young female from attracting it or passing it around, then I see no reason why it shouldn't be mandatory.
You don't have to, you can home school if you like. This would be mandatory.

Angel

~*~*~
BuddyLee said:
You don't have to, you can home school if you like. This would be mandatory.
And? HPV can be contracted with or without condoms. If there is a vaccination to prevent it in the first place then why not make it mandatory?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Angel said:
And? HPV can be contracted with or without condoms. If there is a vaccination to prevent it in the first place then why not make it mandatory?
Green beans are good for you. Therefore, your newly elected government says you should eat green beans all three meals a day and nothing but green beans. If there is a healthy food to help prevent heart disease and the like, why not make it mandatory?

Once you make something mandatory, you create a slippery slope and everything that follows thereafter becomes much easier to designate 'mandatory'. Some people may not want their children to get such a vaccination.

frannie529

vaccine

BuddyLee said:
Green beans are good for you. Therefore, your newly elected government says you should eat green beans all three meals a day and nothing but green beans. If there is a healthy food to help prevent heart disease and the like, why not make it mandatory?

Once you make something mandatory, you create a slippery slope and everything that follows thereafter becomes much easier to designate 'mandatory'. Some people may not want their children to get such a vaccination.

I'm sure if men could get the samething and have parts of their wills cut off because they have cancer , I am sure they would say it's a mantory vaccine.

Angel

~*~*~
BuddyLee said:

That's why I love you BL. You always have an argument. :wink:

I don't know what the exact vaccines are that children are required to have before they start school, but I do know that if it were not for these mandatory vaccines, parents would have more to worry about then the kid sneezing on their child's toys at daycare.

I found this link: http://familydoctor.org/028.xml
It was just a quick look up example of the reasons children have to be vaccinated. If these vaccinations weren't mandatory, then we'd still have to be more concerned with polio, measles, mumps, rubella, etc. Incorporating these mandatory vaccinations meant that eventually:
1. We'd prevent these diseases.
2. We'd be capable of providing government funding for parents who couldn't afford these vaccinations for their children.

We are ultimately preventing these diseases, that were, at one time deadly, from being an issue for future generations.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Angel said:
It was just a quick look up example of the reasons children have to be vaccinated. If these vaccinations weren't mandatory, then we'd still have to be more concerned with polio, measles, mumps, rubella, etc. Incorporating these mandatory vaccinations meant that eventually:
2. We'd be capable of providing government funding for parents who couldn't afford these vaccinations for their children.

We are ultimately preventing these diseases, that were, at one time deadly, from being an issue for future generations.
These are all communicable diseases, so there's a reason why they're mandatory. Cervical cancer isn't communicable.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Angel said:
That's why I love you BL. You always have an argument. :wink:

I don't know what the exact vaccines are that children are required to have before they start school, but I do know that if it were not for these mandatory vaccines, parents would have more to worry about then the kid sneezing on their child's toys at daycare.

I understand your argument and I agree with most of those vaccines. However, I find a bit more disagreement with this particular vaccine. One must have some sort of sexual contact in order to contract HPV and perhaps one day contract cancer. Children aren't having sex, at least I hope not. If I were a woman, I'd want it to be my choice, a grown up choice. The same goes for me and Baptism. I wouldn't want to be (nor did my mother have me) Baptized at a young age. If I chose that religion and wanted to get Baptized at an older age, I would and that would be my decision.

This is not necessarily a public epidemic issue such as those diseases in your aforementioned post. This is a public health issue, one that should be at least given a public choice.

M

Mousebaby

BuddyLee said:
I understand your argument and I agree with most of those vaccines. However, I find a bit more disagreement with this particular vaccine. One must have some sort of sexual contact in order to contract HPV and perhaps one day contract cancer. Children aren't having sex, at least I hope not. If I were a woman, I'd want it to be my choice, a grown up choice. The same goes for me and Baptism. I wouldn't want to be (nor did my mother have me) Baptized at a young age. If I chose that religion and wanted to get Baptized at an older age, I would and that would be my decision.

This is not necessarily a public epidemic issue such as those diseases in your aforementioned post. This is a public health issue, one that should be at least given a public choice.

Didn't you see the post on here the other day about the 5th graders having sex while the teacher was out of the room!?!?!?!! My daughter is in the 5th grade and she is 10 yrs. old! If that vaccine becomes available you bet your sweet azz she's getting it! No if's, ands, or buts about it! :wench:

These kids are having sex younger and younger everday, and God forbid, what if they are molested by some sicko that gives them the HPV virus! I say make it mandatory!!! By ALL means!!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
$360 per vaccine by Merck & Co.
10,000 cases of cervical cancer per year in the US

Making the product mandatory for millions of school girls = priceless (profits)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Mousebaby said:
My daughter is in the 5th grade and she is 10 yrs. old! If that vaccine becomes available you bet your sweet azz she's getting it! No if's, ands, or buts about it!

I say make it mandatory!!! By ALL means!!!

Green beans for everyone whether they want them or not! :doh: