Margaret Brent School Out of Control?

black dog

Free America
It’s ‘I couldn’t care less’, and you seem to remember where those claims are coming from. You just don’t want to talk about it.

Since you seem to be Miss Cleo, please tell us who it is...
download (27).jpg
I don't dwell on things in life, it's a waste of time.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Money and quotas?

QFT

It all goes back to how schools in Maryland get funded - who controls the purse strings. The state board.
The county money doesn't usually come with any requirements other than it be spent to educate the children.
But because the schools also need state money, it opens them up to kissing ass in Baltimore.
Everyone in the county can agree and hate the process, but they like the money.
Baltimore looks at number, it's all about "the numbers". Every statistic is looked at by race and economic break outs.
Grades, Discipline, Attendance

I don't think it's the way they want to run their school, but they have to whore themselves out to get state money.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Then I will huff, and I will puff, and I will blow your house in. :lol:

And, thanks dog, for changing your avatar. Granddot loves the avatar pics, and says baby, mommy, daddy, dog, cat, etc., but when it came to yours, she was like, huh? She couldn’t verbalize it. You have made the forum safe for children, again. :lol:

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Then I will huff, and I will puff, and I will blow your house in. :lol:

And, thanks dog, for changing your avatar. Granddot loves the avatar pics, and says baby, mommy, daddy, dog, cat, etc., but when it came to yours, she was like, huh? She couldn’t verbalize it. You have made the forum safe for children, again. :lol:

-.-- --- ..- / ... - ..- .--. .. -.. / -... .. - -.-. .... --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / .--- ..- ... - / -.-. .- -. .----. - / -.- . . .--. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -- --- ..- - .... / ... .... ..- - .-.-.-

littlelady

God bless the USA
-.-- --- ..- / ... - ..- .--. .. -.. / -... .. - -.-. .... --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / .--- ..- ... - / -.-. .- -. .----. - / -.- . . .--. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -- --- ..- - .... / ... .... ..- - .-.-.-

Are you ok? Your computer seems to be on the glitch. I think you have been hacked? And, it looks like Middle Eastern language. You need to check on that. Just looking out for you. :smile:

I see you changed your avatar back. And, such a shame that you would put your puny ego before what is best for the children. That’s ok. I am good at filtering. I just tell granddot that that person is silly. She loves the word ‘silly’. :lol:

Last edited:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
A thread about kids being out of control ends up with grown folks cyber bullying each other and we wonder why the kids do it.

:lmao:

Hannibal

Are you ok? Your computer seems to be on the glitch. I think you have been hacked? And, it looks like Middle Eastern language. You need to check on that. Just looking out for you. :smile:

I see you changed your avatar back. And, such a shame that you would put your puny ego before what is best for the children. That’s ok. I am good at filtering. I just tell granddot that that person is silly. She loves the word ‘silly’. :lol:

I often wonder where your mind goes when responding to people. In the middle of a thread, you somehow manage to add your opinion ......... but to a completely unrelated point ............. while also inserting various family members into the conversation. Does your "grandot" go to Margaret Brent? Based on her fondness for people's avatars and apparent limited vocabulary - she's either a PG county student or has yet to enter the school system at all. Which then begs the question of why she's even mentioned to begin with.

How many cats do you own?

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I often wonder where your mind goes when responding to people. In the middle of a thread, you somehow manage to add your opinion ......... but to a completely unrelated point ............. while also inserting various family members into the conversation. Does your "grandot" go to Margaret Brent? Based on her fondness for people's avatars and apparent limited vocabulary - she's either a PG county student or has yet to enter the school system at all. Which then begs the question of why she's even mentioned to begin with.

How many cats do you own?

She's just a loon bordering senility. Put her on ignore. Your life will be much, much better.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If the student causing problems at school is either black or hispanic, then thank Obama, Holder and his justice department for handcuffing school administrators. This is also the government that practices racial discriminatory affirmative action. FWIW, it's not racist to point out the obvious when dealing with race.

the Obama administration issued federal guidance putting school districts on notice that even if their discipline policy was “neutral on its face” and “administered in an evenhanded manner,” they could be subject to a federal civil rights investigation if minorities were suspended at a higher rate. Partly in response to federal pressure, over 50 school districts, serving 6.35 million students, implemented reforms and 27 states revised their laws regarding school discipline.

No one bothered to ask students or teachers whether this was a good idea. If new evidence from New York City is any indication, discipline reform is hurting the people it’s trying to help and hitting students of color the hardest.

To make the case that reforms in St. Paul, Minn. had gone awry, Ramey County attorney John Choi noted that the number of assaults against school staff tripled from 2014 to 2015, terming it a “public health crisis.” That’s a tragic result for a policy intended to make school discipline more fair for students of color.

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help

From Arne Duncan's speech:
[FONT=&quot]The Attorney General and his team have been great partners in our work together to improve school climate and keep schools safe.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We’re gathered here today to talk about school discipline---which, far too often, is not applied equitably or as effectively as it could be in our nation’s schools.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So today, the Departments of Education and Justice are joining together to release a guidance package on school discipline for a broad range of stakeholders

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Racial discrimination in school discipline is a real problem today, and not just an issue from 40 to 50 years ago. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]This is the first Administration to provide guidance to the public on discrimination in school discipline. And we want to continue to provide leadership on this critical problem going forward to ensure equal opportunity for all students.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Making matters worse, exclusionary discipline is applied disproportionately to children of color and students with disabilities. Educationally, and morally, that status quo is simply unacceptable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Our department’s Civil Rights Data Collection shows that African-American students without disabilities are more than three times as likely as their white peers to be expelled or suspended.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And we know that discipline policy and practices matter tremendously—there is nothing inevitable about high rates of suspension and expulsion. We can, and must, do much better.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So often acting-out behavior is a symptom of underlying issues children are dealing with at school, at home, or in the community. We must get beyond the surface issue and get to the heart of the problem.

[/FONT]

black dog

Free America
I was just being nice. You sound stupid when you butcher that saying because it means exactly the opposite of what you are trying to convey

:killingme

You should see my penmanship, and how often I use the word #### when I talk. But yet all these years and everyone understands what I write, what I say and I've never had a payroll check that I have written be returned for " Not Legible "

OldHillcrestGuy

Good Evening guys. My tread has been hijacked. Back to bullying, since I posted yesterday Facebook has exploded with comments about peoples experience at Margaret Brent and I had nothing to do with it. lol Many parents fed up with the administration, and maybe there is a reason the Principal Mrs. Fowler, is being transferred out after the school year. Many parents have contacted members of the school board and county commissioners asking for a meeting and I believe its in the works. Also a PTA meeting is coming up and from what I have heard its not going to be too quiet of one.
A lot of this bullying starts at home, many kids get a lot of it from their parents. Like I mentioned in my first post, had a grandson and granddaughter both recently go through MB without a problem my understanding is only in the past 3-4 years its gotten really out of control of MB. I'm sure it also happens at other schools in the county, and someone else mentioned in a post about having problems at Lettie Dent , have had 3 grandkids go through Dent over a period of about 12 straight years up till last school year and have never heard a problem there.

black dog

Free America
The schools will not change on their own, parents have to get involved and stay involved. It becomes a problem when educators become the investigators and make decisions on when local LE is called to get involved.