Marking the Ballot Envelope with R/D!

Hessian

I would like verification,...and image would be best. Someone just complained that our MAIL IN Ballots have a place to indicate whether the voter is a registered Republican or Democrat ON THE OUTSIDE of the ENVELOPE!:faint:

Does anyone have a sample of this? I want some clarity that this would automatically put our mail-in ballots at risk of tampering/delay.

DaSDGuy

I would like verification,...and image would be best. Someone just complained that our MAIL IN Ballots have a place to indicate whether the voter is a registered Republican or Democrat ON THE OUTSIDE of the ENVELOPE!:faint:

Does anyone have a sample of this? I want some clarity that this would automatically put our mail-in ballots at risk of tampering/delay.
Not sure if this applies to the general election. The primary was marked that way because we have to vote along party lines in the primary. This is because the democratic snowflakes in Annapolis are afraid we would try to stack the deck and vote for the worst candidate in the opposite party. Not conjecture on my part, they actually claimed that when they passed the law. They have no proof to back that up, just their own paranoia.

Hijinx

Whoever counts the ballots or accepts them gets to see who you are and what party you belong to.
They have to in order to check you off as having voted.

There goes your secret ballot.

herb749

Not sure if this applies to the general election. The primary was marked that way because we have to vote along party lines in the primary. This is because the democratic snowflakes in Annapolis are afraid we would try to stack the deck and vote for the worst candidate in the opposite party. Not conjecture on my part, they actually claimed that when they passed the law. They have no proof to back that up, just their own paranoia.

They have paranoia over another party voting in their primary but don't give a damn about who get a ballot.

Tech

The fact that the supplied envelope had ballot on over it puts it at risk.
Looking over the Board of Elections website, you have an option to have an absentee ballot to be emailed to you and you mail it in your own envelope.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Hessian

Video evidence of external marking on mailed in ballots. Looks like the USPS now is capable of "misplacing" perhaps hundreds of thousands of ballots until after the results are finalized. And they don't even have to open them.

BernieP

Resident PIA

That video has made the rounds on Facebook, but I would have to ask if that was a primary or general election ballot.
BTW, not so much voting in the other guys primary, which is allowed in some states, but I believe the ballots are different for the primary, they only list the races and those running in the primary in your party.

Which is why Independents are shut out - they don't have a party.

Chris0nllyn

There is no place to put your party down on the election envelope.

Note these are the primary election instructions. No where does it say to put your party down on the envelope.
https://elections.maryland.gov/elec...for Mailed Ballots_VBM ONLY_ENGLISH_FINAL.pdf

BernieP

Resident PIA
There is no place to put your party down on the election envelope.

Note these are the primary election instructions. No where does it say to put your party down on the envelope.
https://elections.maryland.gov/elections/2020/20_PP_AB_Instructions for Mailed Ballots_VBM ONLY_ENGLISH_FINAL.pdf
IF you look at the video, the speaker claims the envelope to return the ballots have a series of numbers and letters, including the recipients address on the back is encoded with an R or D based on party of registration. She says her address is the same as her brothers and while he's a registered democrat, she is a republican - she then points out the suspicious "R" and "D".

The video in question does not make it clear if the ballots are general or primary ballots. As I stated above.

Hessian

Yeah Chris...no where was it calling for the voter to mark D/R--it was right near the bar code...(just watch the video...which originated in Florida) However...it was NOT clarified if this was the primary election.

Chris0nllyn

IF you look at the video, the speaker claims the envelope to return the ballots have a series of numbers and letters, including the recipients address on the back is encoded with an R or D based on party of registration. She says her address is the same as her brothers and while he's a registered democrat, she is a republican - she then points out the suspicious "R" and "D".

The video in question does not make it clear if the ballots are general or primary ballots. As I stated above.
Yeah Chris...no where was it calling for the voter to mark D/R--it was right near the bar code...(just watch the video...which originated in Florida) However...it was NOT clarified if this was the primary election.

Maybe Florida is different, but in MD:

https://elections.maryland.gov/elections/2020/index.html

Here's what the FL says about the bar code.
2. Barcode. A paper ballot may contain an optional barcode to identify:
a. The ballot, which barcode may be on the ballot, the ballot stub, or both. This barcode shall only identify the party, precinct, ballot style, page number, or type of ballot. The barcode may not be used in any manner to identify the voter.

b. The voter’s voted choices on the ballot, which barcode may be located in any area of the ballot, except within the area containing the contests. This barcode shall only contain the voter’s selections and may not be used in any manner to identify the voter.
https://www.flrules.org/gateway/ruleNo.asp?id=1S-2.032

Seems the bar code does identify party (but not the individual) and the bar codes were included to coincide with "hybrid" voting systems that allow machines to do the tabulating back in 2015.

Hessian

Maybe Florida is different, but in MD:
View attachment 150593
https://elections.maryland.gov/elections/2020/index.html

Here's what the FL says about the bar code.

https://www.flrules.org/gateway/ruleNo.asp?id=1S-2.032

Seems the bar code does identify party (but not the individual) and the bar codes were included to coincide with "hybrid" voting systems that allow machines to do the tabulating back in 2015.
If I understood correctly, those numbers posted BELOW the bar code do NOT indicate if the voter is R/D/Ind.
I saw a posting where a Postal employee was urging mail in ballots be hand delivered to an election station...avoid the PO altogether. Interesting position to take. Unsure of their motivation for the caution.

The ballots that are being used as examples on the web video are Primary ballots. I suspect that the R and D in the barcode are designed to be used as a quick way to determine the party and to more easily sort the ballots by party. Because you can only vote your party in a Primary election, I can understand why it is being used. However, it could be used as an easy way for someone to destroy your ballot if they so chose to do so. Remember, in order to vote in the General election, you do NOT have to vote your party. I've not seen a General election ballot envelope, so I don't know if they too have an R or D on the mail-in envelope. It wouldn't aid someone who would want to toss out either a democrat or republican ballot since you could be a democrat voting for a republican, or vis versa. The only way to know that, is the ballot itself, not the envelope.