Maryland Auto Insurance

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
Ok I know Texas is high in their auto rates but sheez Maryland is way higher! anyone know why? Does everyone play crash derby there? :tantrum

TexasSunflower said:
Ok I know Texas is high in their auto rates but sheez Maryland is way higher! anyone know why? Does everyone play crash derby there? :tantrum
Yep, join a club or go solo. Next game begins at 3:30. You will get points for:
1. Amount of damage done.
2. Number of vehicles involved.
3. Originality of accident.
4. Difficulty.
5. Number of emergency vehicles called out.
6. Time you tied up traffic.
Bonus points for appearing in other than local news channels.

dn0121

How high is high? Mine is under $500 for 6 months thru State Farm. How much of an increase did you see being that Im in Houston this interests me.

bobbyflatliner

When I moved from PA the rates were triple down here. BUT, your car inspection is only done once, ever. Have you noticed the "Creative" way some drivers keep their cars decorated? They are practically falling apart some times.... OH and 228 west in the am east in the pm, 301 north in the am and south in the pm. After three years of driving those routes you get an honorary nascar liscence.

basher

LEET
i think the problem is all the idiot drivers in MD, esp. on the Capital Beltway, it gets worse as u go into VA, then DC

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Your rates are high because you're a cowboy (bowine boy) fan. Once your name is on the waiting list for season tickets to the Redskins games, you get a 25% discount on auto insurance.

SoMDGirl42

desertrat said:
4. Difficulty.
Are there bonus points if it's reported to be a fatality that was confirmed by Hurricandan, when in fact it's really not?

I

Inkpen

desertrat said:
4. Difficulty.

You forgot the rating fator scale:
Weather,,multiply for severity of weather at time of the above.
Extra points for weather conditions while you wreck:

0..hurricane
1..snow
2..dark, wet, foggy roads
3..full moon
4..sunrise/sunset
5..daylight
6..wind and leaves blowing
7..perfect driving conditions...a few people on the road
8..Perfect driving conditions..you are STILL parked in your driveway.
9..You are in the house
10..you do not own a car and are on your skateboard in WalMart...

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
dn0121 said:
How high is high? Mine is under $500 for 6 months thru State Farm. How much of an increase did you see being that Im in Houston this interests me.

I will be paying almost 200.00 more per 6 months. And I'm in the DFW area. Everyone on here is so funny!! I can't stop laughing! :lmao: Oh and I guess I'll just have to become a die hard redskins fan just to save a buck! NOT!

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
Richard Cranium said:
Maryland has too many women on the road....take them off and you'll have insurance rates less than your hi-speed internet, per month.

Take them off the roads completely and we won't have to pay insurance at all because you know men they NEVER have accidents!! Just occasional mishaps! :razz:

Vince

You get extra points if you have an accident on the Solomons Bridge and tie up traffic for 2 - 3 hours. :shrug: I get mine throught GEICO and pay about $1000.00 per year for 2 vehicles and only one has full coverage. Motorcycle is separate and pay around $400 per year for full coverage and that includes towing for all vehicles.

pingrr

I pay 31 dollars a month for my Delorean. Back when I had my CRV I was paying about 340 per month. I think insurance rates really depend on your car more than anything else.

You can also get discounts for being in different clubs like AAA, NRA, being a Ninja, exc.

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
pingrr said:
I pay 31 dollars a month for my Delorean. Back when I had my CRV I was paying about 340 per month. I think insurance rates really depend on your car more than anything else.

You can also get discounts for being in different clubs like AAA, NRA, being a Ninja, exc.

We are with USAA and already get great rates. I was just surprised at how much it went up. I was thinking it would be going down because of it not being as populated as where i am now. Oh well for that thought! What was I thinking? :smack:

mrweb

Iron City
Vince said:
You get extra points if you have an accident on the Solomons Bridge and tie up traffic for 2 - 3 hours. :shrug: I get mine throught GEICO and pay about $1000.00 per year for 2 vehicles and only one has full coverage. Motorcycle is separate and pay around $400 per year for full coverage and that includes towing for all vehicles.

...and you get into the bonus round if it occurs just at the very top of the bridge.

TexasSunflower said:
I don't know why, but shop around. I pay about $100 a month for three vehicles, fully insured, through Erie Ins.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Damn when i was on my moms it was about 150 a month for liabilty. Then they found out about my speeding tickets and my nice run in with a cop car. THey quoted me 320 a month. That was gieco. I went to progressive and its 178 now. Keep in mind this is liabity on an s10 blazer.