Massive earthquake hits Japan, tsunami concern

Larry Gude

Strung Out
HOLY HELL!!!

I am siting here watching fields and row upon row of greenhouses just washed away! Everything before them!!!

This is catastrophic!!!

HOLY HELL!!!

I am siting here watching fields and row upon row of greenhouses just washed away! Everything before them!!!

This is catastrophic!!!

Yeah. I woke up a little early to do something, then started looking around the internet to see if this 'Day of Rage' was amounting to much in Saudi Arabia and saw this instead. The images on TV are incredible.

I suspect this will exacerbate climbing food commodity prices.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I suspect this will exacerbate climbing food commodity prices.

Anh. Watching it replayed several times now, as amazing as it is and as devastating, I think it really isn't all that much in terms of over all land loss when the cameras pull back and give a sense of how vast a given area is.

Horrible if it is your farm and the one next to you but, I'm thinking fairly minor in terms of overall square mileage.

Anh. Watching it replayed several times now, as amazing as it is and as devastating, I think it really isn't all that much in terms of over all land loss when the cameras pull back and give a sense of how vast a given area is.

Horrible if it is your farm and the one next to you but, I'm thinking fairly minor in terms of overall square mileage.

Hopefully that's the case.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
The first number I saw was 7.9. I go to FOX and see 8.9! Only 32 confirmed deceased; wonder how far that number has to go. :frown:

awpitt

Main Streeter
US bases now accepting commercial airline trafic because the Tokyo airports are in-op.

I'm sure the oil markets will find a way to use this disaster to jack up oil prices once again.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The first number I saw was 7.9. I go to FOX and see 8.9! Only 32 confirmed deceased; wonder how far that number has to go. :frown:

It looks to be in a rural area, so maybe the numbers won't go much higher.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Friend in Hawaii said he was awakened by the sirens and moblie loudspeakers telling folks to get away from the beach

US bases now accepting commercial airline trafic because the Tokyo airports are in-op.

I'm sure the oil markets will find a way to use this disaster to jack up oil prices once again.

The oil markets are more concerned with what might (or might not) be going on in Saudi Arabia today. WTI is actually down a few bucks this morning below $100. If the Day of Rage turns out to be a yawner, I'd expect oil to settle down for the day.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
HOLY HELL!!!

This is catastrophic!!!

truly horrible... tons and tons of cars in the water....
and there could be after shocks....

KingMeh

I just read they are having a problem at a nuclear plant with the cooling system, its not leaking but they're trying to get backup power to it.

Bonehead

Nuclear plants cannot explode. They can melt fuel in the Reactor if no cooling water is available. That doesn't mean there will be a radiation release either.

awpitt

Main Streeter
The oil markets are more concerned with what might (or might not) be going on in Saudi Arabia today. WTI is actually down a few bucks this morning below $100. If the Day of Rage turns out to be a yawner, I'd expect oil to settle down for the day.

I know that.

It's jsut that the oil markets seem to find any excuse, related or not, to raise the price of oil.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Devastating to Japan. So sad. Hawaii and even the west coast of US are under tsunami warning. Have a friend supposedly heading to Hawaii today but I'm betting that's on hold.

aisasami

I am staying in the Kansai region (about 2 hours away from Tokyo) and I was in a building with a couple of pals when it all hit. Although our region registered the quake as a 4.0, we were a little frightened because we felt the building move. But, no damage here in the Kansai region. Just really sadden at the pictures from the Northern region from the web and the TV coverage here.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I am staying in the Kansai region (about 2 hours away from Tokyo) and I was in a building with a couple of pals when it all hit. Although our region registered the quake as a 4.0, we were a little frightened because we felt the building move. But, no damage here in the Kansai region. Just really sadden at the pictures from the Northern region from the web and the TV coverage here.

Thanks... I hope you continue to be safe.