Massive Fire in Solomons

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Clean up has started in earnest now on the old building. I hope they do well in their new location.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I wonder how many clients Solomons Vet will lose in between the fire and when they can reopen. With them sending people to different vets for treatment/prescriptions/etc, will people decide to stick with the new vet or go back to Solomons. After seeing the price difference on Revolution Plus between Solomons, Chewy, and Three Notch, I might just stick with Three Notch. They had it for the cheapest. Boone and Gracie have their check up and yearly vaccine in a couple weeks so I can compare wellness visits between the two soon. It's further than Solomons but I have heard great things about Three Notch and if they aren't as expensive as Solomons, that might be the deciding factor.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have heard great things about Three Notch
We used 3 Notch for the 1st year we were here and renting an apartment in the neighborhood just off Rte. 4 and 3 Notch Rd.
Very happy with both their care for the cats, and the pricing was fair for services rendered.
When we got the house off Willows Rd., switched to their satellite clinic on Great Mills.
Basically, same vets, great staff, too.

When our Hildiekatt died from the effects of an aggressive intestinal lymphoma, they made a donation in her memory to the clinic founder's vet college. They also took great care of the semi-famous Miss Teia, helping us to get her to 21 years 5 months before her kidneys went into full failure.

stgislander

PREMO Member
We used 3 Notch for the 1st year we were here and renting an apartment in the neighborhood just off Rte. 4 and 3 Notch Rd.
Very happy with both their care for the cats, and the pricing was fair for services rendered.
When we got the house off Willows Rd., switched to their satellite clinic on Great Mills.
Basically, same vets, great staff, too.

When our Hildiekatt died from the effects of an aggressive intestinal lymphoma, they made a donation in her memory to the clinic founder's vet college. They also took great care of the semi-famous Miss Teia, helping us to get her to 21 years 5 months before her kidneys went into full failure.
And they give a Military/Veteran discount.

1stGenSMIB

The Patuxent Adventure center/bike shop leased the space I used to rent and plan to be operational soon. My sincerest best wishes to them in their new location!
I saw a couple bicycles in your old shop last week and figured that was what was happening. Let's hope the overlords don't drive them out with high rent

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Boone and Gracie have their yearly check up appointment at Three Notch next week. Got an email saying we are now allowed inside but will need to wear a mask. And only one other person is allowed with you during the visit.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Found out Solomons Vet is open for business again. Just moved to the other end of the building. Took Boone and Gracie to Three Notch today for check up. Boone needs to lose 2 lbs. :ohwell:

Grumpy

Found out Solomons Vet is open for business again. Just moved to the other end of the building.
Good to hear, my vet has been slammed helping to cover the Solomons Vet patients. Not complaining, just got used to getting in and out quickly in normal times, hats off to my vet(s) for helping.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Found out Solomons Vet is open for business again. Just moved to the other end of the building. Took Boone and Gracie to Three Notch today for check up. Boone needs to lose 2 lbs. :ohwell:
2 lbs. How cute! I can't imagine what they would say about my Bubba. 😂

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
They didnt even name a number when they said Sox needed to lose some weight.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Boone is 16 and the vet wants him at 14. In comparison, Gracie is 11. Personally I don't think Boone is fat. He is just a big cat. He does need to get more exercise though. He prefers to lay in the cat tree and watch run around like a buttmonkey instead of running around with her.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I was also told that the only vaccine indoor only cats need is Rabies. I guess just in case they ever did get out and something happened. Vet said that the Leukemia vaccine was good for kittens as they are more prone to getting that. She also said the 1 year Rabies shot was better than the 3 year one because there has been cases of cats developing tumors at the injection site. She said it was a 1 in 10,000 chance but I need to have some accountability in taking Boone and Gracie for check ups every year so I opted for the 1 year vaccine.

Louise

I had a tuxedo named Sox for 16 years that was adopted in Calvert. Funny story. When we adopted him, they said he was an awesome kitty; as in, he never reacted to noise, or dogs barking, etc. Found out he was deaf after the adoption. He was hilarious and lived to be 16. He used to knock things over and make loud noise that would scare a cat. But, he never reacted. He would, always, knock over the music holder on my piano. We would jump, but he would still be sitting on the piano. :lol: Loved him so much. He was a cool cat. :)

Last edited:

Louise

Boone is 16 and the vet wants him at 14. In comparison, Gracie is 11. Personally I don't think Boone is fat. He is just a big cat. He does need to get more exercise though. He prefers to lay in the cat tree and watch run around like a buttmonkey instead of running around with her.

I had a cat named GrayC for grey cat. We adopted her when our daughter was two as a Christmas present. She was under the tree on Christmas morning. GrayC lived to be 17.