Maximum Health and Fitness

Vince

Sharon said:
Not since New Year's, I gave it up for more social activities. :cheers:
I've gotten a little more social for my New Year's Resolution, but I still go to the gym on base.

A

apple

Doggy said:
Any one here goto that gym?

:howdy: i go to that gym, i really like it- i like it alot better than profitness, the ladies work out is right next to the kids room, so you dont have to walk all over the place to get your kids, also the ladies work out room has a bathroom entrance so you can basically not even have to be seen at all by (or see) all the other folks working out. Nice privacy.

D

Doggy

apple said:
:howdy: i go to that gym, i really like it- i like it alot better than profitness, the ladies work out is right next to the kids room, so you dont have to walk all over the place to get your kids, also the ladies work out room has a bathroom entrance so you can basically not even have to be seen at all by (or see) all the other folks working out. Nice privacy.

Yes it is! Went to profitness for a year! Max is such a better gym..Very big..and lot of room..How often do you attend? I go Mon to friday!

K

Katie

I also workout there.

I belonged to ProFitness for 2 years, and needed a change.

plex1500

I worked at Maximum

Hello all!

I know this is an old post but i just wanted to chime in. I worked at that gym teaching classes up until 2 weeks ago. I left because of somethings happening there.I now teach at Worlds in Leonardtown(great if you are 50+ in age or live close to it I LOVE THE PLACE!) Pro Fitness and SMAC in Charlotte Hall (great place for the people living or working up North owner Ryan is great) Without being mean to Maximum I want to defend Pro Fitness,since the few people who post were pro Maximum.I left Maximum because they are having problems paying the bills etc...It seems larger then Profitness because it has less people and equipment in the club.Pro Fitness in lexington park is larger then Maximum plus you can use the other smaller club in Wildewood. More times then not i would bust but to get there and teach my class and have the manager canx. it because we would only have one or two people show up. Since i have the inside scoop here are a few things to ponder. The staff is young and therre is tons of turn over. Which i don't see at the other clubs. They are selling memberships like 6 months for 99 dollars and giving away tons of free passes to try to get the crowd up but the people use it and leave and don't join. Now they are advertising and telling people they will beat any other gyms prices. The low prices started bringing in tons of kids and people who were not nice to be around. Plus every person gets a different price some 49.95 a month others 25.00 per month. Just think about it how long can you pay the bills on that amount of money. I also found out they had a gym in Lexington park about 6 years ago that due to them doing the cheap prices just to try and get members went out of business. It was called Olympus the same as Maximums other gym in calvert county(dunkirk which by the way is a GREAT GYM different managers they get 40 per month from there member) so when they decided to give it another try in St. Marys they had to change the name so they would not scare people away. It is a nice club and new but beware just ask prices and try to barter with them and you will see what i mean about desperate attempts to get you to join.Yes i am a tad sour with them but i tell the truth. I think they had a good idea before they opened but it kinda went to crap when they did not sign the 2000 members they need to make money when i left a few weeks ago they only had about 7oo members and i worked out in the gym alot before and after my classes and have seen many of the people i saw there who changed over from the other clubs to try Maximum come back to the clubs they had left and said it just did not have that nice friendly feeling they were use to. Worlds gym has just added alot of new equipment and added alot of new group classes and Pro Fitness has done some expanding and replaced alot of there cardio equipment and machines. Last but not least competion between clubs is good for members and good for us teachers...WE CAN ASK FOR MORE MONEY PER CLASS !!! LOL

slotted

plex1500 said:
Hello all!

I know this is an old post but i just wanted to chime in. I worked at that gym teaching classes up until 2 weeks ago. I left because of somethings happening there.I now teach at Worlds in Leonardtown(great if you are 50+ in age or live close to it I LOVE THE PLACE!) Pro Fitness and SMAC in Charlotte Hall (great place for the people living or working up North owner Ryan is great) Without being mean to Maximum I want to defend Pro Fitness,since the few people who post were pro Maximum.I left Maximum because they are having problems paying the bills etc...It seems larger then Profitness because it has less people and equipment in the club.Pro Fitness in lexington park is larger then Maximum plus you can use the other smaller club in Wildewood. More times then not i would bust but to get there and teach my class and have the manager canx. it because we would only have one or two people show up. Since i have the inside scoop here are a few things to ponder. The staff is young and therre is tons of turn over. Which i don't see at the other clubs. They are selling memberships like 6 months for 99 dollars and giving away tons of free passes to try to get the crowd up but the people use it and leave and don't join. Now they are advertising and telling people they will beat any other gyms prices. The low prices started bringing in tons of kids and people who were not nice to be around. Plus every person gets a different price some 49.95 a month others 25.00 per month. Just think about it how long can you pay the bills on that amount of money. I also found out they had a gym in Lexington park about 6 years ago that due to them doing the cheap prices just to try and get members went out of business. It was called Olympus the same as Maximums other gym in calvert county(dunkirk which by the way is a GREAT GYM different managers they get 40 per month from there member) so when they decided to give it another try in St. Marys they had to change the name so they would not scare people away. It is a nice club and new but beware just ask prices and try to barter with them and you will see what i mean about desperate attempts to get you to join.Yes i am a tad sour with them but i tell the truth. I think they had a good idea before they opened but it kinda went to crap when they did not sign the 2000 members they need to make money when i left a few weeks ago they only had about 7oo members and i worked out in the gym alot before and after my classes and have seen many of the people i saw there who changed over from the other clubs to try Maximum come back to the clubs they had left and said it just did not have that nice friendly feeling they were use to. Worlds gym has just added alot of new equipment and added alot of new group classes and Pro Fitness has done some expanding and replaced alot of there cardio equipment and machines. Last but not least competion between clubs is good for members and good for us teachers...WE CAN ASK FOR MORE MONEY PER CLASS !!! LOL
I tried to read your post, but it was giving me a headache, and was boring as all he!!. In the future, please try to use your enter key a little more.

TIA,
slotted

G

Gemmi

Well,I belong to ProFitness and have no desire to try another gym.Everything I need is there and the employees are very friendly.I only pay $29.00 a month and it is well worth it.

plex1500

Boring?

Seeing you have 1500 posts you must be used to boring! Your life must be boring. Thanks for your response it really helped the thread!

mrweb

Iron City
plex1500 said:
Hello all!

problems paying the bills etc...It seems larger then Profitness because it has less people and equipment in the club.Pro Fitness in lexington park is larger then Maximum plus you can use the other smaller club in Wildewood. It was called Olympus the same as Maximums other gym in calvert county
Yes your post was hard to read, I skimmed it and think I see your point. I heard Maximum was nice, however I like ProFitness because:

Two locations, one near work on Great Mills, one on the way home in Wildewood.

Mostly the same staff, one owner. I know both managers and the owner, all local and in it to make money (of course) but to be part of the community (Joe and Matt have been around a long time and I've worked with them closely over the years, Mark is...well getting over being a local celeb but a nice guy regardless). They have a loyal staff, little turn over. I go back because of the friendly and familiar staff, non-lipstick atmosphere (not that Maximum is, never been there, but most get the concept).

Having problems paying bills is not a good thing. And, if memory serves, ProFitness bought out Olympus in Great Mills and moved the equipment,etc., to St. Mary's Square. For my money, I'll stay with ProFitness.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
mrweb said:
Yes your post was hard to read, I skimmed it and think I see your point. I heard Maximum was nice, however I like ProFitness because:

Two locations, one near work on Great Mills, one on the way home in Wildewood.

Mostly the same staff, one owner. I know both managers and the owner, all local and in it to make money (of course) but to be part of the community (Joe and Matt have been around a long time and I've worked with them closely over the years, Mark is...well getting over being a local celeb but a nice guy regardless). They have a loyal staff, little turn over. I go back because of the friendly and familiar staff, non-lipstick atmosphere (not that Maximum is, never been there, but most get the concept).

Having problems paying bills is not a good thing. And, if memory serves, ProFitness bought out Olympus in Great Mills and moved the equipment,etc., to St. Mary's Square. For my money, I'll stay with ProFitness.

:yay: Same here, I'll stick with Pro Fitness! Matt, strange as he is gotta love the guy. I talk with him everyday we have known each other for a long time.
They are doing their best to get new equipment in there. Max's equipment is new, why? B/c the gym just opened, give them a few years (if they last that long) and their equipment will be ragged out as well.

G

Gemmi

MDTerps said:
:yay: Same here, I'll stick with Pro Fitness! Matt, strange as he is gotta love the guy. I talk with him everyday we have known each other for a long time.
They are doing their best to get new equipment in there. Max's equipment is new, why? B/c the gym just opened, give them a few years (if they last that long) and their equipment will be ragged out as well.

I don't think he is strange.He seems pretty friendly and normal to me.Then again,you may know him better than I do. :peace:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Gemmi said:
I don't think he is strange.He seems pretty friendly and normal to me.Then again,you may know him better than I do. :peace:

I do know him very well, he is very friendly. That's why I tell him he is strange!
Just today he was walking around with a pork chop in his hand.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
MDTerps said:
Didn't Matt run one on 235 before by the car wash place? Forgot what it was called, but I went there and the equipment was always broken down.. Now I see he is in one of the Pro-Fitness places and that just scares me from going there......