May be apples and oranges, but worth noting...

GregV814

Secretary of State John Kerry, a famous Viet Nam war hero,.... will meet with Benjamin Netanyahu next week in Europe to condemn and quell most recent distrubances in the Middle East. Specifically, he is concerned about the deaths of 15-20
civilians....

But in Chicago, the alleged previous hometown of President Obama, there has been over 215 homicides between January-June this year.

LINK http://homicides.redeyechicago.com/

It would seem reasonable for Mr. Netanyahu to explore that fact with Mr. Kerry.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
The question I have is how much more money is welfare leach Nutty Yahoo going to ask for from America. Because clearly the billions worth he's already absconded with isn't enough to stave off a few rock throwers.

But why ask questions like that when you can fail at making arguments by moral equivalency?

Drink up Greggy. If your family is lucky you might pass out before noon and no one has to deal with your drooling ramblings for the day.

Hijinx

This is a patriot meeting with a traitor.

A Commando facing a Band-Aid hero.

A man who loves his country vs. a man who belittled his countries military

Kerry testified before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations on April 22, 1971, telling the Senators and a national audience that American troops "...had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Ghengis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam..." and accused the U.S. military of committing war crimes "on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command."

I hope Netanyahu spits in his eye.

ciwmj

Kerry testified before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations on April 22, 1971, telling the Senators and a national audience that American troops "...had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Ghengis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam..." and accused the U.S. military of committing war crimes "on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command."

I'm not sure that Netanyahu can spit in Kerry's eye , he can't bend that low.

Amused_despair

I remember during the Cold War Poland made a big deal about collecting blankets to give to the homeless people in America, while the American government was making a big deal about the suffering of people behind the Iron Curtain. You would think we would get our own house in order before we would start telling others how to order their own houses, but I guess we have a 100+ years of tradition to follow.

Secretary of State John Kerry, a famous Viet Nam war hero,.... will meet with Benjamin Netanyahu next week in Europe to condemn and quell most recent distrubances in the Middle East. Specifically, he is concerned about the deaths of 15-20
civilians....

But in Chicago, the alleged previous hometown of President Obama, there has been over 215 homicides between January-June this year.

LINK http://homicides.redeyechicago.com/

It would seem reasonable for Mr. Netanyahu to explore that fact with Mr. Kerry.

"May be apples and oranges."??? Do you have a point to make? How would it be "reasonable" for the PM of Israel to discuss crime in Chicago with Kerry while discussing terrorism in the middle east?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
"May be apples and oranges."??? Do you have a point to make? How would it be "reasonable" for the PM of Israel to discuss crime in Chicago with Kerry while discussing terrorism in the middle east?

What gives Kerry the "right" to go meddle in internal Israeli security and crime matters? Give that Chicago is even worse, in terms of killed and wounded, what is different..?

Midnightrider

What gives Kerry the "right" to go meddle in internal Israeli security and crime matters? Give that Chicago is even worse, in terms of killed and wounded, what is different..?

maybe the fact that we give isreal a metric asston of US tax dollars?

Midnightrider

Nope. We give lots of counties "metric asstons" of dollars and I'm quite certain that is not in exchange for forfeiture of their sovereignty.

who said anything about foreiture of sovereignty?

However, just like welfare, if i am subsidizing you, i have a right to make certain reccomendations and if you dont agree you can say no to the money :shrug:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
who said anything about foreiture of sovereignty?

However, just like welfare, if i am subsidizing you, i have a right to make certain reccomendations and if you dont agree you can say no to the money :shrug:

We provide 4-5 times more foreign aid annually to Afghanistan than to Israel. How's that working out for us?

What "recommendations" could Kerry the Clown possibly make that could change the situation inside Israel right now? Palestinian youths running around in a fever attacking Israelis on the street, because of a false rumor being spread on their social media sources.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Palestinians are murdering Israeli's on the street in knifing and stabbing incidents.
When they shoot one of the murderous savages the United Strate feels that John Kerry has the right to complain?

He doesn't. We might remember that John Kerry once shot a wounded Teenager himself.A war crime really.
Stopped his boat and ran over to do it.
Just to see how it felt to kill someone.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Netanyahu's answer: "Clean your own house before suggesting how we clean ours."

Midnightrider

We provide 4-5 times more foreign aid annually to Afghanistan than to Israel. How's that working out for us?

What "recommendations" could Kerry the Clown possibly make that could change the situation inside Israel right now? Palestinian youths running around in a fever attacking Israelis on the street, because of a false rumor being spread on their social media sources.

I'd say we are 4-5 times more active in the Afghan's business too :shrug:

H

Hodr

Hijinx - Admittedly, this is before my time so I don't know all of the context surrounding his testimony to congress. But if what Kerry said was actually true, wouldn't you want to know about it?

I heard some pretty disturbing stories from my father about what he witnessed in Vietnam, and while he (as far as I know) never shared those with anyone else, are you telling me he would be a traitor, or not "love his country" if he did so? Do you think there is no value in understanding how war is (or was) waged?

Last edited by a moderator:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Hijinx - Admittedly, this is before my time. But if what Kerry said was actually true, wouldn't you want to know about it. I heard some pretty disturbing stories from my own father about what he witnessed in Vietnam, and while he (as far as I know) never shared those with anyone else, do you think there is no value in understanding how war is (or was) waged?

From what I understand, and told by one of his crew, was that he, Kerry, was guilty of these war-crimes.. jumping from his boat, and killing a wounded enemy that presented no threat at the time, but Ka-Ching.. another medal/ribbon so why should anyone care.

H

Hodr

That was for one year, 2012. Almost every other year since 1948 Israel has commanded the lions share of our foreign military aid.

The most resent numbers, 2015, show that 55% of our foreign military aid budget is going to Israel alone, and that we currently fund about 25-30% of their entire military budget.

And the reason we provide so much military aid? Not because they need it (anyone remember the 6 day war?) but to promote OUR interests in that part of the world. If Israel decides that our interests are no longer aligned, they should not accept the aid. And as an American you should be more concerned with what our goals are than their goals. If you disagree, perhaps you should immigrate.

But in the end you don't have to worry about Kerry trying to enforce any "recommendations", we kowtow to that country like no other.