McDonalds did us a favor.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
You guys all bitched and whined and moaned and threatened back when Calvert didn't have a McDonald's (one complaint was that the County was "backwards". The same way it was "backwards" when it didn't have cable outside of the two Beaches and now you bitch about the cable all the time). Well you got the McDonald's you asked for.
You also had a black tie reception when K-Mart opened. Now you bitch about Wal-Mart.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Don't most places have online ordering now?
I have decided that I will no longer order Subway in person again. On the app, I can get three "meals" for $22 but if I ordered the same thing in person, it was closer to $35. The app automatically gives you a deal if you order two subs which you can't get in person.

1stGenSMIB

Yeah./.Subway's "$5 foot long deal" is now app only AND you have to buy two. I don't eat that much..no thanks Subway. That is like buy one get one 25% off. I don't need two of whatever it is to begin with, and now I am only getting a 12.5% discount and I have an extra. :)

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Yeah./.Subway's "$5 foot long deal" is now app only AND you have to buy two. I don't eat that much..no thanks Subway. That is like buy one get one 25% off. I don't need two of whatever it is to begin with, and now I am only getting a 12.5% discount and I have an extra. :)
I always have to buy at least three to feed the family so it works for me.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
You guys all bitched and whined and moaned and threatened back when Calvert didn't have a McDonald's (one complaint was that the County was "backwards". The same way it was "backwards" when it didn't have cable outside of the two Beaches and now you bitch about the cable all the time). Well you got the McDonald's you asked for.
You also had a black tie reception when K-Mart opened. Now you bitch about Wal-Mart.
I remember when Kmart opened to give AMES department store some competition. There was a parade and such.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I remember when Kmart opened to give AMES department store some competition. There was a parade and such.

Yep. And now both Ames and K-Mart are history but there are now not one but two Wal-Marts. Seems like some people should be getting a clue about why low end retail locates here.

But, just like they were in Montgomery County before they moved here, they're all above average.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Yep. And now both Ames and K-Mart are history but there are now not one but two Wal-Marts. Seems like some people should be getting a clue about why low end retail locates here.

But, just like they were in Montgomery County before they moved here, they're all above average.

I wish there were stores moving into PF that I would want to shop in. I have to go to St. Marys, Annapolis, or Waldorf depending on what I am after.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
In-n-Out, WhataBurger, and a few others are not in somd. Five Guys and Red Robins I do not consider fast food. Burger King burger tastes burnt. Checkers and Wendys has a good burger. I do not think there are many fast food burger places in SOMD. I considering fast food places as having a drive thru.
Five Guys is most definitely a fast food burger chain.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I wish there were stores moving into PF that I would want to shop in. I have to go to St. Marys, Annapolis, or Waldorf depending on what I am after.
There won't be because the people who attend the planning and visioning charrettes (fancy word for meeting) don't want "ordinary" businesses that the vast majority will patronize but "special" businesses and shoppes that reflect their sophistication.

That's one reason why there's so much churn in businesses here. A prospective business owner reads those Planning documents and follows his dream without realizing that the customer base for gourmet dog food (one of my favorites from here in North Beach) isn't there outside of the people who went to that one charette.

Chris0nllyn

There won't be because the people who attend the planning and visioning charrettes (fancy word for meeting) don't want "ordinary" businesses that the vast majority will patronize but "special" businesses and shoppes that reflect their sophistication.

That's one reason why there's so much churn in businesses here. A prospective business owner reads those Planning documents and follows his dream without realizing that the customer base for gourmet dog food (one of my favorites from here in North Beach) isn't there outside of the people who went to that one charette.

What, you guys don't want to shop at Five Below?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
The "Technology Corridor", where getting adequate internet service is 3rd world.
Expecting adequate (whatever that means) internet in a rural area is stupid, no matter where the rural area is located or what it's called by elected and appointed officials. I can take you to places three hours from here that can't get, and never will, a cell signal. There are places in SOMD like that too.

Last edited: