Md. Gov. Larry Hogan issues ‘stay at home’ order

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Nope. Essential employee of an essential industry. We have state and federal laws that require we provide our services.
I misunderstood your post. It's been a long day after a short interrupted night. I thought you had said before that you were working, then I saw that post and got confuseded.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The only way to be certain that it is indeed, "Covid 19", is to isolate the virus without contaminants, grow a culture, and then perform a RNA/DNA sequencing.

It would be RNA sequencing in the case of a virus like this, they are not a complete gene creature.
Some virologists think that viruses are not actually living things, kind of like the prions that cause mad cow or chronic wasting disease..
They depend on the cells in their hosts to provide the DNA they need to replicate.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just saw on the news, a Charles County man was locked up for having a bon-fire party over the week-end Police told him to disperse the crowd per the no more than 10 gatherings. Refused and taken to jail, being held no bond.
As I understand it, that was the second such party he had, after having been told to not do so again.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It would be RNA sequencing in the case of a virus like this, they are not a complete gene creature. Some virologists think that viruses are not actually living things, kind of like the prions that cause mad cow or chronic wasting disease..
They depend on the cells in their hosts to provide the DNA they need to replicate.
This is true. There is a debate within the scientific community whether a virus a live, or dead. However, a virus needs a host cell in which to replicate, therefore, I say, that a virus is living, in hibernation.

Those, dick-tators, that think they rule over us, the people, have not shown, provided any concrete, proof, that this "Novel Covid-19" virus, is actually the cause of all of this hysteria. And until such time, dare I say? I'll go about my daily routines, my normal life, as I see fit.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It's comforting to know there are so many physicians and scientists on the forum. And I'm not just referring to you.
Well, ya know? I just bring food for thought. It's up to you to decide whether or not to follow the dictates of an unaccountable government. Are you an American? Or are you a lemming? Are you free man or woman? Or are you a slave, a serf, to government? A believer in the contract, that is the US Constitution? That we individually, are responsible of our actions, or inactions? It's not rocket science to figure out, or research, virus genome sequencing. A free people do not cower to the dictates of dictatorial government. So? What are you?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I misunderstood your post. It's been a long day after a short interrupted night. I thought you had said before that you were working, then I saw that post and got confuseded.
I had to get light bulbs and some insect foggers, so I guess I was part of the issue too but I like to see at night.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If I may ...

This is true. There is a debate within the scientific community whether a virus a live, or dead. However, a virus needs a host cell in which to replicate, therefore, I say, that a virus is living, in hibernation.
I tend to agree with that later interpretation. I liken them to mold spores that lay dormant for years and years, until the right conditions activate them into growth.

If I may ...

Those, dick-tators, that think they rule over us, the people, have not shown, provided any concrete, proof, that this "Novel Covid-19" virus, is actually the cause of all of this hysteria. And until such time, dare I say? I'll go about my daily routines, my normal life, as I see fit.

SamSpade

It wouldn't apply it to everyone on the planet. Just those (incl. Trump) who refuse to acknowledge established facts and just brush them off and call them "fake news".

shrug MASSIVELY disagree. Everyone I know at some point dismisses something as false because it's something they don't want to think is true.

And a great deal of what is posited as "lies" or "refusing to acknowledge established facts" are still a matter of opinion or clearly subjective.
Notice I didn't say "everything" so I don't want to hear "what about the time..." because it's an easy thing to do to show where I'm right on this.
Some things I recognize as "established fact" and I won't quibble - and some things are not. O.J. Simpson's guilt is NOT established fact even though most people are fairly certain of it.

SamSpade

I tend to agree with that later interpretation. I liken them to mold spores that lay dormant for years and years, until the right conditions activate them into growth.

To my observation, it functions way too much like a living creature to NOT be alive. There are other things as deadly as viruses - toxins, for example. Radioactive waste. Harmful substances which seep into our world through products, industry, exhaust and so on, and they can kill millions. But they don't adapt, mutate and persist in existing. They don't need living tissue to propagate.

I'm not a virologist. I suppose it would help my understanding if I had any idea how new viruses keep forming. Obviously they have not been around since the dawn of time; they have to "begin" somewhere.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm not a virologist. I suppose it would help my understanding if I had any idea how new viruses keep forming. Obviously they have not been around since the dawn of time; they have to "begin" somewhere.

If the cosmos is really just an elaborate simulation, as some have suggested... Universal Hackers?

SamSpade

If the cosmos is really just an elaborate simulation, as some have suggested... Universal Hackers?

The idea of the universe as an actual simulation a la Matrix is just too silly to consider. If atheists want to claim that all religion and belief in an afterlife is just humans refusing to believe in the finality of death, universe as simulation is just another version of the same thing.

A dream can seem real, but it is full of far too many inconsistencies for us not to realize that it is NOT an alternate reality and is in fact, our mind making it up as it goes along. REALITY however is far too complex for even the simplest things to have been concocted by alien intelligence. For them to have such far-reaching power, they really WOULD have to be God.

BernieP

Resident PIA
CFuMiCpQC2BqNOL8mTEztA10pU-WnUPdyuPRYzEEGnSrLKCA2FzqpH_xU42SgwJFe1afhQ62qcdcf00KcpxMXFWY2zR59UVd6tU0D-ydNNeQ55MtNdwD4bwIr2nw676KHv1sqIBSpdg1G84KdlvchvGOR_zBei1RPS0NCPaIA-m5nR8SOJbx6C5ltXOkQClWVFZ6VS1whtCKn-3ArTdb5wak6DLBtsRWov_QNrqFt2FUdJZkRb4DwjA8_OwU5Am0m0YPAtZ3Sj5yVv8fn3PO4Q