Md. Gov. Larry Hogan issues ‘stay at home’ order

MD State Police anticipated all of our speculation, conspiracy theories and questions:

TATE POLICE ENFORCEMENT OF GOVERNOR'S EXECUTIVE ORDERS CONTINUES
(PIKESVILLE, MD) -- Maryland State Police Superintendent Colonel Woodrow Jones III has directed
troopers to continue their public education and enforcement efforts regarding the Governor's Executive
Orders and last night issued specific instructions regarding the stay-at-home order. Those instructions
are as follows:

 Enforcement of the expanded Governor's Executive Order will be conducted by
Maryland state troopers. However, troopers will not make traffic stops simply to ask
drivers where they are going to determine if their travel is essential or not.

 If, in the course of the regular performance of his/her duties, such as during a crash
investigation or a traffic stop, the trooper develops information indicating the individual
was engaged in non-essential travel, enforcement action can be taken, in
consultation with the state's attorney's office in that jurisdiction.

 While it is not necessary for drivers in Maryland to have documentation about the
purpose of travel, having such documentation may help resolve questions.

 Troopers will continue to initiate enforcement action when a business or group of more
than 10 people is observed in violation of the Governor's Executive Order.

 The Order does not prohibit people from going to the store to get groceries or
prescriptions, seeking medical attention at an urgent care facility, getting cleaning or
laundry supplies. In addition, the Order does not prevent people from going out to get
necessities for pets or other livestock.

 The Order allows for travel to care for a family member, friend, pets, etc. Citizens are
also permitted to travel for transporting family, friends, pet or livestock for essential
health and safety activities.

 The Order also allows for travel to and from an educational institution to receive meals
or instructional materials for distance learning.

 The Order allows for outdoor exercise activities (done in accordance to with social
distancing guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and
crowd gatherings of 10 people or less. However, such actives may not be done at a park
that has been closed by state or local government.

 Restaurants can be visited if obtaining food for carry-out or drive-thru only.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A 1-800 number Tattle-Line.

That's already in place.

The next step will be to shut down ALL retail establishments and go to delivery only on a case by case basis.

The good news is that then maybe everyone can get some toilet paper because hoarding will be forced to stop.

black dog

Free America
That's already in place.

The next step will be to shut down ALL retail establishments and go to delivery only on a case by case basis.

The good news is that then maybe everyone can get some toilet paper because hoarding will be forced to stop.

I was grocery shopping yesterday at Aldis in Marion, IN, there was maybe 10 customers i n the store plus the two employees. Limits on can goods of 4 each, all isles were full of the normal merchandise Aldis sells, even the paper isle.
Im guessing folks have what they need or, the serfs of Marion are out of money on there Snap Card and have spent this months SSDI check.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I was grocery shopping yesterday at Aldis in Marion, IN, there was maybe 10 customers i n the store plus the two employees. Limits on can goods of 4 each, all isles were full of the normal merchandise Aldis sells, even the paper isle.
Im guessing folks have what they need or, the serfs of Marion are out of money on there Snap Card and have spent this months SSDI check.
Funny you say that because I was talking to my husband the other day and I can't imagine people's credit card bills or bank statement balances from hoarding all this TP, paper towels, and food/meat.

frequentflier

happy to be living
There was a fair amount of traffic on my 7 mile drive to work this morning. Watching the parking lot, plenty of people are at Weis, CVS, the fast food places and the liquor store. We have had probably 8 curb side pickups since 10.
People are not going to stay home!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My son bought another old Chevy over the weekend and tried to swap the wheels out. On one one wheel the lugs are absolutely frozen in place. He even broke his Matco® impact socket trying to get them loose. I was planning to take my torches over to encourage their compliance, but lock down. I have working papers, but he's 2 miles outside my commute. I think I'll brave it, from what I'm reading. This sight is very informative.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Something must be wrong, I went out this morning and there were quite a few cars on the road and quite a few people in Walmart, BJs, Harris Teeter, and Lowes and not a single jack boot thug roughed me up or asked for my papers.
I ran out to Weis today to get yogurt for Thing1 - he has a cup every day for breakfast. So I found that and also paper towels. :cartwheel

Then, I went to make banana bread, since a whole bunch of bananas were very ripe and discovered NO MILK! :cds:

So I went back out to get the milk. Not a single jack boot thug roughed me up either time. :ohwell:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I ran out to Weis today to get yogurt for Thing1 - he has a cup every day for breakfast. So I found that and also paper towels. :cartwheel

Then, I went to make banana bread, since a whole bunch of bananas were very ripe and discovered NO MILK! :cds:

So I went back out to get the milk. Not a single jack boot thug roughed me up either time. :ohwell:
Which Weis? May try to stop after work to see if I can get paper towels. PM me so nobody steals all the paper towels. :lol:

Bann

PREMO Member
Funny you say that because I was talking to my husband the other day and I can't imagine people's credit card bills or bank statement balances from hoarding all this TP, paper towels, and food/meat.
And they're all going to either be hating life or they might try to sell them at a bojacked price.

I don't care if I RUN OUT OF EVERY PAPER PRODUCT in my house - I wouldn't pay someone for their hoarded stuff now.

Suffer, a-holes. :yay:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
 While it is not necessary for drivers in Maryland to have documentation about the

Maryland state troopers. However, troopers will not make traffic stops simply to ask

Even though it is spelled out for them, that doesn't mean some young, freshly minted trooper won't stop you.

Grumpy

Even though it is spelled out for them, that doesn't mean some young, freshly minted trooper won't stop you.
OMG, your car touched the white line ! ! Are you okay? Where are you going and why?

Bann

PREMO Member

:yahoo: There's hope, yet! :lol: