MD Governor Closes Bars Restaurants Movie Theaters and Gyms

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just got an email that my favorite t-shirt store on Long Island is closing due to virus. No window shopping. Man, that sucks... I was so looking forward to shirt browsing whenever I ever get up there again, maybe in a few months....

bummer....
GW, are they closing closing or temporarily closing? If it's temporary, I would hope it's only for a couple of weeks. It's a shame that they can't go with internet sales and survive. I wouldn't want to be a business owner for the simple fact that I would feel responsible for my employees livelihood.

I thought about this long and hard before I decided to switch jobs in the middle of this "crisis", but I feel the new boss would look out for me, where with the old boss I'm just a number. I suppose it all boils down to making money. The new boss called me yesterday and pushed me to come over as soon as possible. Even during a pandemic, boaters want their boats ready.

Hannibal

I don't think the shutdowns are done. I think they're just peeling back the onion layers bit by bit. Make a change, let the reaction happen and then make another change. I am pretty sure it's not done and I am fine with it. The politicization of this is laughable. I've always been on the opinion that government should never have to TELL people how to behave because we're too smart as a collective society. Seeing the amount of people crashing the bars and such over the weekend or completely downplaying this has really called that into question. I honestly feel that people are ignoring common sense mitigation efforts simply because the government said they had to. I am pretty confident this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

GW, are they closing closing or temporarily closing?
Yeah, I didn't convey that right.... just a 'no visitor' closing, but they still have online sales. They didn't say when they would consider normal hours. And that was supposed to be a bit of tongue-in-cheek, since they are in NY, and I'm in MD, and travel/restaurants and probably soon hotels are being restricted, not much of a chance I'll be browsing there anytime soon! So, a bit of faux disappointment.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yeah, I didn't convey that right.... just a 'no visitor' closing, but they still have online sales. They didn't say when they would consider normal hours. And that was supposed to be a bit of tongue-in-cheek, since they are in NY, and I'm in MD, and travel/restaurants and probably soon hotels are being restricted, not much of a chance I'll be browsing there anytime soon! So, a bit of faux disappointment.
Was still a bit groggy from a great night's sleep and didn't pick up on that. You damned Yankees and your dry sense of humor. :lol:

mdff21

So they close everything down and impose rules and such...........St. Mary's Hospital is the first hospital to do "drive up" testing. Well people from the DC metropolitan area are driving to St. Mary's to get tested. Remember they are only testing those who are believed to have the virus. St. Mary's county hasn't reported any positive cases but NOW possibly infected people are coming into the county on purpose. Tell me what sense that makes?

This is coming from hospital employees
You have to have a Doctor's referral to be tested. It just isn't anyone drive up and get tested.

stgislander

PREMO Member
So they close everything down and impose rules and such...........St. Mary's Hospital is the first hospital to do "drive up" testing. Well people from the DC metropolitan area are driving to St. Mary's to get tested. Remember they are only testing those who are believed to have the virus. St. Mary's county hasn't reported any positive cases but NOW possibly infected people are coming into the county on purpose. Tell me what sense that makes?

This is coming from hospital employees
I saw them this morning in the parking lot between the hospital and MMG. Two nurses/techs gowned-up under a tent, and two security guards monitoring the parking lot.

General Lee

You have to have a Doctor's referral to be tested. It just isn't anyone drive up and get tested.
I know this. Since it’s apparently the only drive up testing Site right now people are coming in from all over the region to get tested with their referral

OldHillcrestGuy

The drive up is for only St. Mary residents, it may have been mentioned already I did not read all the post. They now a driveup one in Arlington at Virginia Hospital but don't know if its only Arlington residents.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Gym owners (corporations) will make a fortune, they can lay off employees and the dues will keep rolling in (since you pretty much have to sign up through an EFT agreement.

Goldenhawk

The drive up is for only St. Mary residents, it may have been mentioned already I did not read all the post. They now a driveup one in Arlington at Virginia Hospital but don't know if its only Arlington residents.
A friend who works at the hospital says (on a FB post) that many of the testees are not local, and some are from Virginia.