Media Hypocrisy

MMDad

Lem Putt
Obama, about McCain: "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun."

Hillary said far less with her RFK in June statement, and she was pilloried in the media.

If McCain said anything about using a gun against Obama he would be crucified.

But Obama, devoutly anti-gun, can say this and he gets a free ride in the press.

I really shouldn't be surprised, but :shrug:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!

Hillary said far less with her RFK in June statement, and she was pilloried in the media.

But Obama, devoutly anti-gun, can say this and he gets a free ride in the press.

Sound like Rosie O'Donald rhetoric, the man-cow is a strong anti-gun advocate yet she has the luxury of being able to afford a Body Guard who is cough, cough, armed!!!

I wonder if NObama will demand his security detail disarm!!! LOL, we already know the answer to that...:killingme

Kerad

:rolleyes:

Really?

Seriously???

You know you're scraping the bottom of the Barrel o' Controversy when you find outrage over that comment.

MMDad

Lem Putt
:rolleyes:

Really?

Seriously???

You know you're scraping the bottom of the Barrel o' Controversy when you find outrage over that comment.

It's not the comment. It's a throwaway line. I even know what movie he got it from.

I'm disappointed in the media for their extreme response to comments like Shrillary's RFK in June comment, while they didn't even notice this line.

Obama gets a free pass on everything he says. Everyone else is subject to scrutiny. It's about impartiality and fairness.

Kerad

It's not the comment. It's a throwaway line. I even know what movie he got it from.

I'm disappointed in the media for their extreme response to comments like Shrillary's RFK in June comment, while they didn't even notice this line.

Obama gets a free pass on everything he says. Everyone else is subject to scrutiny. It's about impartiality and fairness.

:ohwell:

Okay.

"Never bring a knife to a gunfight." is a common popular expression, whereas "We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June" is not. At least not outside of the Clinton household.

ImnoMensa

Anyone as anti-gun as Obama should never use this phrase.

I saw this a couple of days ago and didnt post it because I figured there had to be a catch to it. Didnt think Obama could be that stupid. ha ha , he fooled me, but as you folks know he will get a pass.

Obama could mow down a flock of bald eagles with a machine gun and some in here would make excuses for him. The Messiah is made of teflon.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

To be fair, the Obama quote is only interesting because of his stance on the Second Amendment and our right to self-protection.

Hillary's comment was breathtaking in its insinuation.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Hillary's comment was breathtaking in its insinuation.

:shrug: What I heard was that she felt anything could happen, and she shouldn't drop out yet. If the media hadn't "interpreted" her statement as a death threat, would anyone have noticed?

Do you really think she was insinuating that Obama is about to be assassinated? If not, what do you think she was insinuating?

This_person

:shrug: What I heard was that she felt anything could happen, and she shouldn't drop out yet. If the media hadn't "interpreted" her statement as a death threat, would anyone have noticed?

Do you really think she was insinuating that Obama is about to be assassinated? If not, what do you think she was insinuating?
I personally heard her to be saying "sh!t happens, so don't count our chickens before they're hatched", not "somebody's gonna kill my opponent" :shrug:

AndyMarquisLIVE

So why did she bring up an assisination. Plenty of other things could happen. Obama could randomly be hospitalized for an incureable cancer. :shrug:

This_person

So why did she bring up an assisination. Plenty of other things could happen. Obama could randomly be hospitalized for an incureable cancer. :shrug:
Because what actually happened was very late in an election year, when the nomination was sewn up, the candidate was assassinated, not hospitalized for an incurable cancer. She was discussing an actual happening (unusual for her, to be sure, but....) in the context of the hypotheticals of the future to make her point stuff can happen.