Medical Error & Accountability

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
So you expect Doctors to be perfect. Gotcha.

Good luck with that. :coffee:

No, I don't. You are blowing this up and making it more dramatic than it is.

If a doctor makes a mistake and you are fine with it, then fine. :shrug: Hopefully you both learned something.

However, if you, as a patient, feel your experience with a doctor was at a level of incompetence, then you should report it for at least an investigation. You owe this not only to yourself, but to other patients who perhaps don't speak out. I think of especially the elderly who don't question doctors.

I reported a dentist once because I felt he was a scammer. Then I promptly found another dentist. That person is no longer in business. :eyebrow:

kcd

I get the impression you are one of those sue happy people that are way to prevalent these days.

Doctors and labs err occasionally. You weren't harmed. Move on with your life and quit being a putz.

I get the impression you are a thread crapper and a nut case. Why do they let you keep posting on this board? You should just stop posting.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
IRONY ALERT!!! :lol:

If a doctor makes a mistake and you are fine with it, then fine. :shrug: Hopefully you both learned something.

However, if you, as a patient, feel your experience with a doctor was at a level of incompetence, then you should report it for at least an investigation. You owe this not only to yourself, but to other patients who perhaps don't speak out. I think of especially the elderly who don't question doctors.
Who are you (or anyone else) to judge the competency of a medical Doctor?

If you don't like or agree with the diagnosis, you are free to get a second opinion. You do not have to follow the original doctors orders at all.

How would you feel if someone at your work said you were incompetent and reported you, jeopardizing your career and they had no training whatsoever in your specialty? :tap:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I get the impression you are a thread crapper and a nut case. Why do they let you keep posting on this board? You should just stop posting.
Well you're wrong and I'm right "Miss I'm lookin for a quick buck so I'll sue". :coffee:

I reported a dentist once because I felt he was a scammer. Then I promptly found another dentist. That person is no longer in business. :eyebrow:

If you don't like or agree with the diagnosis, you are free to get a second opinion. You do not have to follow the original doctors orders at all.

How would you feel if someone at your work said you were incompetent and reported you, jeopardizing your career and they had no training whatsoever in your specialty? :tap:

♫♫♪♫ Plant a tree... plant a tree...plant a tree ♫♫♫♪

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
No. Medicine is a science. You are saying, it's OK to make medical mistakes.
You need to wake up from petting the unicorns in the dream land you're living in and experience the real world.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

thats what i said!!!! :coffee:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Baja, seriously, clam down. You are getting spun up for no logical reason that I can see.

If you as a patient feel its worth it to report them, then you report them. Then the board decides to investigate them or not. If there have been a lot of compliants, then maybe the investigation goes somewhere and maybe it doesn't. At least somebody earned a paycheck that day and you did your civic duty.

This isn't a lawsuit and it doesn't drag their name through the mud, unless the investigation actually turns up something.

So calm down.

kcd

It seems thread crappers have taken over this thread. It's a shame because this is such an important social issue.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Baja, seriously, clam down. You are getting spun up for no logical reason that I can see.

If you as a patient feel its worth it to report them, then you report them. Then the board decides to investigate them or not. If there have been a lot of compliants, then maybe the investigation goes somewhere and maybe it doesn't. At least somebody earned a paycheck that day and you did your civic duty.

This isn't a lawsuit and it doesn't drag their name through the mud, unless the investigation actually turns up something.

So calm down.
:killingme I'm not spun up at all. YOU all are. :killingme

:cds::jameo: "Lets report and sue the doctor because the lab made a mistake". :jameo::cds:

:cds::jameo: "Doctors down here aren't doctors!". :jameo::cds:

I've just been ---> :coffee:

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
so.... if the OP had asked the dr more questions about the HG, and if the OP had never shown any prior history of HG before....

this could have been sloved in just a matter of second by doing a blood sugar test in house..... Dr. pricks finger .... gets drop of blood on strip and inserts into a glucose tester.....

and BLAMO.... normal

now from there the dr should have seen that the LAB WORK may have been incorrect and then would have resubmitted the labs.

C

czygvtwkr

I think you should get a retest for free, but not win the lottery.

Medical errors do kill more people than guns in this country, contrary to populalr belief.

Shaolin_Raptor

I was given the wrong insulin at a pharmacy. Not a different brand, the wrong stuff completely. Had I used it, I would have been dead in less than a week.