meeting females outside of bars

J

justhangn

Originally posted by pixiegirl
That doesn't work either (well at least not in my case), ignore me and I'll drop you like a hot potatoe! You know what works for me??? Men who don't play games!

and chasing you around like a puppy is not playing games??

I've always thought that eye contact should be enough between two people that click.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I went to high school with my first husband and met Larry on the Internet. But I've also met a lot of great guys at bars - guys I not only dated but that became good friends. Not everyone at a bar is a drunk, ya know.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Not everyone at a bar is a drunk, ya know.

Right you're sure.......agree I couldn't more..... :biggrin:

Some really boring people only go to bars to shoot pool.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by justhangn
and chasing you around like a puppy is not playing games??

I've always thought that eye contact should be enough between two people that click.

Anyone who chases me around like a puppy doesn't have a shot either. If you have to chase me around you apparently don't have a life.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Some really boring people only go to bars to shoot pool.
Hello! Dancing? Just plain socializing? And what's wrong with shooting pool?

I always think it's interesting that people look down on someone they've met in a bar. I mean, you're there, aren't you? Or does that answer my question? :lol:

J

justhangn

Anyone who chases me around like a puppy doesn't have a shot either. If you have to chase me around you apparently don't have a life.

SO the guy has to play no games while paying attention to you without chasing you.....I guess he'll just have to wait to be caught by you then. :smile:

it's give pixie a hard time day :biggrin:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Hello! Dancing? Just plain socializing? And what's wrong with shooting pool?

I always think it's interesting that people look down on someone they've met in a bar. I mean, you're there, aren't you? Or does that answer my question? :lol:

I'm there but I thought I made it clear several months ago that I'm better then everyone! :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sometimes guys can do that and it's charming and endearing - depends on how they go about it. If a guy is very witty and has good self-esteem (without being obnoxious) then he can get away with the chase. Otherwise he probably better not try it.

I met a great guy at the Pier one night when he plopped down at my table and wouldn't leave. I tossed every barb I could think of his way, trying to offend him enough so he'd beat it. He tossed them right back in a very Bluto-esque fashion, causing my girlfriends to fall madly in love with him. "It's just like Moonlighting!", they swooned. :duh: Anyway, he chased me from bar to bar that night and one of my traitor girlfriends gave him my phone number. He called and talked me into going out with him - we dated off and on for a couple of years.

But he pulled it off as very charming and a guy who had "set his sights", not as some stalker nutcase.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
That doesn't work either (well at least not in my case), ignore me and I'll drop you like a hot potatoe! You know what works for me??? Men who don't play games!

*cough* *cough* bullsh*t *cough* *cough*

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
What are you talking about you hardly ignored me. :rolleyes:

I was referring to the part about "not playing games" :lol:
Anyway... just joining JH in giving you a hard time...

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Yea Craig.....we know you have the key to her heart!

I certainly don't have the key to her Lexus...
(can anyone tell I'm jealous about the Lexus :wink:)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My ex-roommate met her husband in a bar - she picked him up for a one-nighter and never came home. Married 7 years now with 2 kids, madly in love and very happy.