Mega Millions $325

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
I would buy the dealership I work at, fire all managers, then sell the dealership and buy a nice little bar like Cheers!

OldHillcrestGuy

Buy about 75 acres in Southern Anne Arundel County to build my mansion, for when Im up here.

Buy some oceanfront property in Myrtle Beach to build my little condo developement, and let my friends here on SoMd. Online come and a stay a week at a time for free. :buddies:

By a Hooter's franchise and put locations in California Md., to be managed by Toppick, and another location in Prince Frederick.:drool:

For my friend clevalley build a massive firehouse in Bryantown for him and the boy to run.

Dont know what to do about Andy.:blahblah:

Oh by the way I have already bought the winning ticket, but you all can keep buying some, it will make may winnings bigger. :yahoo:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Well, that might not be so easy. Figure $325, lose 1/2, take home $160 mil.
If you earn 2% in T bills, the safest thing you can do, that's $3.2 mil less taxes on that or $1.6 mil a year to spend.

Figure risk capital, as many losers as winners, splurges and so forth. I mean, it can be done and I'd love to try. :lol:

So, worst case, $1.6 by 365 days; That's 'only' $133,000 a month or $4,350 a day.

If you buy a mansion, you've got staff, Al Gore spends over $10k a month at this place on electricity alone, cars, drivers, insurance, the place in Manhattan, LA, Rome, etc. The boat. The plane.

Even with that kind of money, you can't go crazy because being rich is expensive. :lol:
Actually, if you take the cash option, you only get 55% of the jackpot, which would be $179M, after taxes you get about $90M. If you take the annuity it's $13M a year, or about $6.5 after taxes.

One of the problems in the early days of the lottery was that they weren't taking taxes out of the initial check and when the IRS came for their share, April 15th, it was spent.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Actually, if you take the cash option, you only get 55% of the jackpot, which would be $179M, after taxes you get about $90M. If you take the annuity it's $13M a year, or about $6.5 after taxes.

One of the problems in the early days of the lottery was that they weren't taking taxes out of the initial check and when the IRS came for their share, April 15th, it was spent.

That's right. My bad. See? It gets worser and worser being rich! :lol:

That's right. My bad. See? It gets worser and worser being rich! :lol:
Wow! With each new passing bit of legislation and each new taxing implementation and each new increase due to inflation, I'm getting poorer and poorer which means things for me are getting better and better! Thanks Larry! I feel better now! :yahoo:

DuffMan

Well, that might not be so easy. Figure $325, lose 1/2, take home $160 mil.
If you earn 2% in T bills, the safest thing you can do, that's $3.2 mil less taxes on that or $1.6 mil a year to spend.

Figure risk capital, as many losers as winners, splurges and so forth. I mean, it can be done and I'd love to try. :lol:

So, worst case, $1.6 by 365 days; That's 'only' $133,000 a month or $4,350 a day.

If you buy a mansion, you've got staff, Al Gore spends over $10k a month at this place on electricity alone, cars, drivers, insurance, the place in Manhattan, LA, Rome, etc. The boat. The plane.

Even with that kind of money, you can't go crazy because being rich is expensive. :lol:

Go to News, Travel, Weather, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, U.S. & World - USATODAY.com and click on lottery. They break everything down for you.

1st things 1st...
Fountain 38LX
Fountain Powerboats - 38 Luxury Edition

Do a living shoreline in front of my house so we can have a private beach.

Buy the house next door

Pay off everything

New truck to haul the boat

Have a draketail built for me

Nuh uh. You're thinking too small. You don't need a new truck to haul a boat. The boat needs to be big enough that it can't be towed. And then live on it. Replace the truck and house with a helo pad on the boat.

tyky

eieio
Buy about 75 acres in Southern Anne Arundel County to build my mansion, for when Im up here.

Buy some oceanfront property in Myrtle Beach to build my little condo developement, and let my friends here on SoMd. Online come and a stay a week at a time for free. :buddies:

By a Hooter's franchise and put locations in California Md., to be managed by Toppick, and another location in Prince Frederick.:drool:

For my friend clevalley build a massive firehouse in Bryantown for him and the boy to run.

Dont know what to do about Andy.:blahblah:

Oh by the way I have already bought the winning ticket, but you all can keep buying some, it will make may winnings bigger. :yahoo:

danm, Cle he would make you run it too. maybe you should be nicer to him :lol:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Nuh uh. You're thinking too small. You don't need a new truck to haul a boat. The boat needs to be big enough that it can't be towed. And then live on it. Replace the truck and house with a helo pad on the boat.

Here's my non tow able boat...

Attachments

• CBMMMartha.jpg
    CBMMMartha.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 60

Cowgirl

I'd definitely pay off family's debt (including in-laws of course). I'd probably also give them a couple million each. I'd buy a farm...a big one. Maybe one in Vermont and one in NC. Hubby would get his dream shop. I don't think we'd go too crazy though. We just want space. And I guess we'd give some to charity. We'd probably adopt lots of dogs.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Well, I guess you could use it as a launch to get to the big boat....

:lol: Looks nice Kom.

I love the lines of the old school boats of this area.

The old oyster buyboats
Draketails
Deadrises
Potomac dories
and
Skipjacks

To add to my list:
'63 Split Window Corvette

After all that then I'll get responsible :lol:

I love the lines of the old school boats of this area.

The old oyster buyboats
Draketails
Deadrises
Potomac dories
and
Skipjacks

To add to my list:
'67 matching number 427 convertible Corvette

After all that then I'll get responsible :lol:
:fixed:

saggy

Saggy
If you were to win this, what would you do with your winnings? :yahoo:

I would buy my neighbors house (Hitler) and send him back to Germany so he couldn't hurt any more animals. Then I would tear down his house and build an indoor pool for the wintertime.

Then hire a pooper-scooper person so I don't have to pick up dog cookies anymore.

Pay bills

Send DIL back where she came from and last I would buy a drugstore. I would make it so I never had to watch an older person leave because they couldn't pay for their meds. That would be my tax write-off.